A-League A-League Men Round 8 - The Walkout Melbourne Derby

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in Glover's defence.

He's clearing his playing surface.
Flares on the pitch obstruct play and make it dangerous

And you'd be incompetent if you turned your back on play to make sure it's done perfectly.

So I get why he did what he did.

fans = Idiots that should be dealt with (but I guess after turning a blind eye for 15+ years with the Victory supporters, you can see why they think it's okay....)
Glover = Stupid decision made in the moment without thinking (but he shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with.......)
fans storming ground = Moronic. Play all home Victory games from here on out behind closed doors.

And if their fans want to go into other teams' stadium and cause shit in response. Deregister the club for all I care.

Stamp this shit out. It's the only way.

Just got home. Lucky I went to the W League game because 15 minutes of football wasn't exactly what I expected.

Both sets of ultras or whatever they call themselves were throwing flares. A City fan threw a flare that hit the netting of the Victory's goal and I think damaged the net.

Then the Victory fans started throwing flares again. Glover tossed one away behind the sponsor hoarding. Then he tossed one that ended up a few rows back in the crowd.

The Victory fans stormed the pitch and someone hit Glover with a bucket that was being used to douse the flares, despite him being surrounded by security and the ref.

Very disgraceful and of course gives ammunition for the critics to support the move to take the grand final to Sydney.

Sydney fans are just as bad (see the red and black block who are basically a bunch of thugs masquerading as a supporter group). The fact is soccer fans across the country (and around the world for that matter)have an across the board problem with not understanding that violence and hooliganism is not on. It isnt a one state problem.

There would be no AFL without the VFL and you know it haha!
Lets not get that topic started.

Without West Coast and Brisbane joining the league, the VFL would've collapsed before even Adelaide entered.

Two other clubs who really shouldn't throw stones

It's not just victory supporters it's dickheads in general
Really? Maybe take ownership of this, if your a Vuck and stop with the whataboutism.
I did with the Cove and their pathetic “**** chants”

There is no out on this. The AFL and NRL media have got their ammo for the next decade.

Lowest point in the sports history in Australia right now.

Say what you want about Sydney Utd and Wanders, I have on many occasion, they haven’t ran on the field and attacked players and refs.

Surely can't be that many with lifetime bans

Check ID
Check ban list

Theres a lot more names on the list than one would think and will be even more after tonight.

I'm gutted. I was awaiting to see the developments with Townsend and the APL before making the decision on whether to cancel my memberships or not. But now I'm too ashamed to be a Victory member and will be cancelling based on the actions of those "supporters". I don't care what happened in the lead up, it was meant to be a peaceful protest and idiots took it too far. Unfortunately this is going to ruin it for everyone else protesting this weekend. I'm not the club but I apologise anyway. * this.

As much as I hate attending your clubs games because of the atmosphere this group of idiots creates

It was 100 in a crowd of 15k who have just ruined it for everyone

Feel for you bro, good fans like you shouldn’t have to walk away because of these bottom feeding scumbags

Theres a lot more names on the list than one would think and will be even more after tonight.
If banning fans from attending matches can't be administered effectively, there's little point in banning fans from attending matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just in Glover's defence.

He's clearing his playing surface.
Flares on the pitch obstruct play and make it dangerous

And you'd be incompetent if you turned your back on play to make sure it's done perfectly.

So I get why he did what he did.

fans = Idiots that should be dealt with (but I guess after turning a blind eye for 15+ years with the Victory supporters, you can see why they think it's okay....)
Glover = Stupid decision made in the moment without thinking (but he shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with.......)
fans storming ground = Moronic. Play all home Victory games from here on out behind closed doors.

And if their fans want to go into other teams' stadium and cause s**t in response. Deregister the club for all I care.

Stamp this s**t out. It's the only way.
I doubt the fans who invaded the pitch or threw flares actually care about what happens to their club, or they wouldn't have done it. Absolute morons.

No points for the match if both sets of fans were throwing flares. Dock the Victory their 10 points so far, set them back to zero.

There will be some fan restrictions for home games surely, but de-registering the club isn't reasonable.

Lol seriously going with this?

Flares get snuck in at every football event.
There are always ways around bans, if that has truely happened.

There weren’t enough to hold back the tide of gutless wonders attacking players and refs. Way to go Vuck for giving them excuse to have more, with more riot gear.

If you aren’t blaming those fans for this then you are wrong.

The fans should and will be blamed but stadium security needs huge scrutiny around this. Everyone knew from the media that heaps of angry fans were attending, either plan accordingly and have enough staff (liase with police if needed) there to deal with it or lock the fans out altogether and play the game in an empty stadium. To do neither was really irresponsible on the part of aami park management.

More like the other way round champ. Half the vfl club were going bankrupt until they got the licence money from brisbane and WC. Your club was going to merge with fitzroy and then probably disappear with them.
It's nice to see what Pricktorians do when the shoe's on the other foot though.

Whatever you say, champ..

The fans should and will be blamed but stadium security needs huge scrutiny around this. Everyone knew from the media that heaps of angry fans were attending, either plan accordingly and have enough staff (liase with police if needed) there to deal with it or lock the fans out altogether and play the game in an empty stadium. To do neither was really irresponsible on the part of aami park management.
You should really stop making excuses for the dropkicks.

Soccer fans are a weird bunch

Saying it was "accidental" to hit/nesr miss glover with a flare (I'm sorry, but you're telling me they didn't mean to throw it in his area?)

I'd have jumped the fence and belted the fans if I was him, not the other way around.

Soccer fans as a whole in Australia are feral with a chip on their shoulder.

If banning fans from attending matches can't be administered effectively, there's little point in banning fans from attending matches.

The reality is without centralised databases, facial rec technology and fingerprint scanners at the grounds etc it cant be administered effectively. Its a 'be seen to be being tough on fan violence' PR measure but it has no enforceability until the technology at the grounds is there to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back