A-League A-League Men Round 8 - The Aloisi Derby and the Big Blue!

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Men Round 8 for the first time in A-League history we have two brothers coaching against each other. Which Aloisi will come out on top? Brisbane are favourites considering Western United's form. Should be interesting viewing the sidelines. The other big match is of course the 'Big Blue' at AAMI Park Melbourne Victory undefeated against a struggling Sydney FC can the sky Blues turn it around against their biggest rival? We also have a Grand Final rematch between Melbourne City V Central Coast Mariners will City get their revenge after the Grand Final humiliation? All to be played out.

A-League men Round 8

Friday 15th December
Western United V Brisbane Roar 6:00pm ESDT 5:0pm EST, AAMI Park
Western Sydney Wanderers V Adelaide United 7:45pm ESDT, CommBank Stadium

Saturday 16th December
Newcastle Jets V Perth Glory 6:00pm ESDT, 3:00pm WST, McDonald Jones Stadium
Melbourne Victory V Sydney F.C 7:45pm ESDT, AAMI Park (Live on 10 Bold, check local guides)

Sunday 17th December
Melbourne City V Central Coast Mariners 5:00pm ESDT, AAMI Park (Live on 10 Bold, check local guides)

Monday 18th December
Macarthur F.C V Wellington Phoenix 7:00pm ESDT, 9:00pm NZLT Campbelltown Stadium

Predictions: Roar 2-0 WSW 2-1 Jets 2-1 Vic 3-1 City V CCM 2-2 Mac V Well 1-1

Enjoy the football this weekend

A-League Men Round 8 for the first time in A-League history we have two brothers coaching against each other. Which Aloisi will come out on top? Brisbane are favourites considering Western United's form. Should be interesting viewing the sidelines.
I have a really good feeling about this game. I think we'll only lose by two goals.

Also, what's with the 6pm KO time?

Not going to be fan friendly for western suburbs based fans attending AAMI park.

Feel like if the APL wants to do double headers on Friday night they should be doing a Nix game at 8pm KO NZ time (6pm EDST KO) followed by a 8pm EDST KO game (7pm Brisvegas KO / 7.30 Adelaide KO).

I feel like there's no real attempt to get fans to this fixture playing it at 6pm.

Not going to be fan friendly for western suburbs based fans attending AAMI park.

Feel like if the APL wants to do double headers on Friday night they should be doing a Nix game at 8pm KO NZ time (6pm EDST KO) followed by a 8pm EDST KO game (7pm Brisvegas KO / 7.30 Adelaide KO).

I feel like there's no real attempt to get fans to this fixture playing it at 6pm.

Welcome to our world when the AFL schedule 5:40 or 6:10 Friday night games in Perth. It is all for TV.

They probably aren't expecting much of a turn out anyway.

Welcome to our world when the AFL schedule 5:40 or 6:10 Friday night games in Perth. It is all for TV.

They probably aren't expecting much of a turn out anyway.

Would the issue be less in winter with a 2hr time difference?

A 6.30 KO in Perth would be 8.30 in Eastern states seeming a little more realistic.

Would the issue be less in winter with a 2hr time difference?

A 6.30 KO in Perth would be 8.30 in Eastern states seeming a little more realistic.

I don't know how it works with channel 7 because the bounce down everywhere else is at 7:40 EST so they may need the game in that timeslot as per the broadcast deal.

Betting man here too, been a little while since I've laid on A-League. I think the first 5 games should all be W's for the favorites, so I've jumped on that @37 with coverage, although these ones have a history of falling over somehow. Edit - Plus one the other way with WU win as well in case we finally decide to show up tonight, at same odds.

Last edited:

Maybe they're hoping to get people coming straight after work. Or making it more kid/family friendly. Crowd numbers are so low now they're probably just experimenting, trying to find a good time slot that gets a bigger turn out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they're hoping to get people coming straight after work. Or making it more kid/family friendly. Crowd numbers are so low now they're probably just experimenting, trying to find a good time slot that gets a bigger turn out.

Not going to be resolved until they have a home and stay put. That's at least 2 years away. Until then the 5k capacity state football centre needs to be their home.

Is it just me or are Western United home games at AAMI Park borderline unmatchable at this point on TV/streaming?

I recall an a transferred Melbourne Victory game was once held at Whitten Oval.

Makes far more sense to host WUFC home games there or even Ikon Park with a more enclosed fencing for spectators than AAMI ?

Is it just me or are Western United home games at AAMI Park borderline unmatchable at this point on TV/streaming?

Makes far more sense to host WUFC home games there or even Ikon Park with a more enclosed fencing for spectators than AAMI ?

At this point they should invest a few dollars into Knights stadium and play there until Tarneit is up and running.

I don't recall this can you specify a year and who against?

This should be the trophy statue for the Aloisi derby :p
GBX_RK9bsAEdM8z

God it's a bummer when you look at this crowd and remember that this stadium was rebuilt because of the crowds the Wanderers were getting.

They're top of the table, they're playing great football. Where did everyone go?

I don't think AFL want them at Whitten Oval, or at Kardinia Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back