A-League A-League Men Round 5 - IT'S Sydney Derby Time!

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Men Round 5 and What a week to come back too after the international break with non other than probably the biggest match in the league the Sydney Derby between Sydney FC V Western Sydney Wanderers, these matches never disappoint and this one should be a classic. The other big match of the week is the F3 derby on Saturday afternoon.

A-League Men Round 5

Friday 24th November

Macarthur F.C V Melbourne Victory 7:45pm ESDT, Campbelltown Stadium

Saturday 25th November
Wellington Phoenix V Melbourne City 2:15pm ESDT, 4:15pm NZLT, Go Media Stadium
Central Coast Mariners V Newcastle Jets 5:30pm ESDT, Industree Group Stadium
Sydney F.C V Western Sydney Wanderers 7:45pm ESDT, Allianz Stadium (Live on 10 Bold, check local guides)

Sunday 26th November
Brisbane Roar V Perth Glory 3:00pm ESDT, 2:00pm EST, 12:00pm WST, Suncorp Stadium (Live on 10 Bold, check local guides)
Western United V Adelaide United 5:00pm ESDT, 4:30pm CSDT, Mars Stadium Ballart

Predictions: VIC 2-1 NIX 2-1 CCM V NEW 1-1 WSW 3-1 BRIS V PERTH 2-2 WU 1-0

enjoy the football this weekend

One reason I've long been strongly pro a second NZ side is hopefully the boost it gives to Nix too having a genuine local rival.

I'm also hoping it sees a regular 2.30/3pm Saturday timeslot for A-League games which is a pretty unique sporting slot over summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlucky mate, was a great (albeit very nervy) game 😮‍💨

Congrats mate. Welly deserved the win.

Weird it's going to probably going to be a down year for City, can't really complain with 3 Premiers Plates and 1 toilet seat in the last few years.

Your goalkeeper is a gem. And the Yellow Fever are great fans and really good for the game !

Best of luck to the Nix for the rest of the season 👍

You guys seem to have a lot of them, must be rather frustrating.

Can't really complain given all our success in the past few years.

Suspect we will probably move to get another International Gaffer at some point and put Vidmar back as an assistant.

We lost a hell of a lot of quality before the start of last season.

Can't really complain given all our success in the past few years.

Suspect we will probably move to get another International Gaffer at some point and put Vidmar back as an assistant.

We lost a hell of a lot of quality before the start of last season.
You've certainly had alot of success & are always in the conversation. Trophy cabinet could be twice the size really.

Western United seriously need more talent, local or international, if they're to become somewhat relevant again.

You've certainly had alot of success & are always in the conversation. Trophy cabinet could be twice the size really.

Western United seriously need more talent, local or international, if they're to become somewhat relevant again.

WUFC will be fine once construction of their stadium in Tarneit is finally finished.

Really looking foward to seeing what Canberra and Second NZ Team (Auckland) bring to the A League in a few years time.

They need to bring back another North Queensland/Townsville team ASAP.

Killing off the NQ Fury was the most stupid and short sighted decision the FFA have ever done (imo)

WUFC will be fine once construction of their stadium in Tarneit is finally finished.

Really looking foward to seeing what Canberra and Second NZ Team (Auckland) bring to the A League in a few years time.

They need to bring back another North Queensland/Townsville team ASAP.

Killing off the NQ Fury was the most stupid and short sighted decision the FFA have ever done (imo)
Yeah it's an interesting one, WU seemed to thrive on being the homeless underdogs. It's a fair drive from the CBD to Tarneit when trying to attract talent to the club, so I worry a little about that.

I was talking to a fella up in Brisbane at a lunch meeting today. He reckons the kids are all playing soccer now, so yes I think it makes sense to have a club up there, although I'm not that knowledgeable about the lay of the land further north of Brissy.

Sydney Derby off to an absolute cracker.

Shame Davo's goal was ruled off side by VAR (it was very marginal, i would have let it slide personally)
I think it was offside but not a howler, your right those ones should be let go that's the problem with VAR its to nit picky.
Goals should always be encouraged not discouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back