Autopsy Cats lose to Pies by 22 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so are about 26 other footballers at this club. Competition will be fierce.

But he’s less secure than Kolo who you couldn’t squeeze in and Bowes walks straight in. So who you dropping to keep him? Let’s say Duncan is in just to make that call even harder.

Duncan is weeks away ala danger 2022.

Spot on.

I can completely understand where some are coming from. It's frustrating to lose, and as fans we're emotional types.

I must say though, all off-season on here we were saying that the first half of the season isn't the priority, we want to be humming when it counts. I think we're all in unison on that one.

....Yet some of those same posters were losing their minds tonight. I'm not for one second suggesting that a loss was part of the plan...but we showed enough to suggest we'll get to the bye in good enough shape, and hit the turbo button from there.

It's never fun to lose, but it's also important to bank early wins, so although the first month or so we don't want to be humming, we do need to get points on the board, and as i put in that post, there is some winnable games on the horizon.

Blues will be a test next week, it wouldn't at all surprise me if they get up and we're 0-2.

With a few of our injuries tonight and coming off a 6-day break, could Cooper Whyte play himself into a round 2 debut?
Said it the moment Stewy went down.

Blonde, headband, beautiful kick....we could do worse, right?

Exactly. Their team tonight was only a month younger than our side on average, and they had more players with 100+ games experience than we did.
Further to that point, I do rate McCrae as a coach and the Pies definitely needed a fresh voice.

...but if you look at the last 5 years, 2021 is the outlier. They've been a finals and top 4 quality team every other year.

The guy has clearly got talent, but he's not the messiah some have made him out to be.

Bruhn is best 22 every day.
He was ok early but faded.

Not the most damaging player with ball in hand and isn’t the best link player either.

Strong on the inside (still not elite by any means though) and that’s about it.

He has a long way to go but it’s only R1.

I don’t see him being best 22 with a full list to pick from.

Sadly though he is miles ahead of a completely cooked looking Parfitt.

You’re avoiding the question.

At least two ins. So we need two outs.

Bowes and Kolo for ???
There's no guarantee on SDK or Stengle either depending on how they pull up.

It's harsh but on balance we need an inside mid more than a forward. Bruhn would be ahead of Parfitt but I'd change the sub to a runner or impact player. MOC or O.Henry or even Rohan.

It's never fun to lose, but it's also important to bank early wins, so although the first month or so we don't want to be humming, we do need to get points on the board, and as i put in that post, there is some winnable games on the horizon.

Blues will be a test next week, it wouldn't at all surprise me if they get up and we're 0-2.
Without a doubt, but if we're going to be critical of our performance, how bad did Carlton look?

Knock them off, then Suns, Hawks, Eagles, Swans.

It's not panic stations yet.

Genuine question, are you actually a
If this has been stated already, apologies.
They had 9 players of the top 12 for disposals. That's basically the ball game.
Yes completely outrun us the whole night! Ok they’ve been up for it against the reigning premier for the last couple of months, but that was a smacking in work rate I thought!

It's harsh but on balance we need an inside mid more than a forward. Bruhn would be ahead of Parfitt but I'd change the sub to a runner or impact player. MOC or O.Henry or even Rohan.
MOC is a better option than Parfitt for the role as he’s versatile. Can cover many types of players subbed out. Injured or tactical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without a doubt, but if we're going to be critical of our performance, how bad did Carlton look?

Knock them off, then Suns, Hawks, Eagles, Swans.

It's not panic stations yet.

Agree, we should win 3 or 4 of the next few games and we actually got a pretty good draw imo.

Just got get the team on the park and we'll be there abouts again.

Couldn't see the game (or replay yet) - what are other's opinions on Sav's game? I was not at all a fan of him last season and thought he should be let go but do I need to rethink that notion?
He showed the signs he's always shown, great contested mark but just looks a little lost at times.

Even though the Pies emerged with the four points in the end, I do have to say I did enjoy the hilarity of Collingwood conceding a goal within literally 30 seconds of the rundown tackle on Ollie Henry they all loved so much. It rendered the feral "haha, karmas a bitch Henry" sentiment among their fans instantly redundant as the tackle had absolutely zero impact on the outcome of the play lol.

It's the petty things in life that bring me joy. :rainbow:

He'd be pretty stiff, he was our best player in the first half tonight.
Oh I agree. Just a general comment on the sub being better if its a multiple role player.

Parfitt has one role, and we have a few who do it better.

Absolutely right, we could be looking at a pretty young side next week.

It'll be a tough week at the MC. I'd personally give SDK the week off against probably any other opponent, but with Curnow, McKay and TDK he might be forced to lace them up.

Stengle should be okay. Looked like more of a stinger than a true injury.

Stewy will miss, I think it's a likely MCL? Looking at 4-6 weeks there.

Tomahawk will want to play, but wouldn't be surprised if the MC gave Neale a crack. Still performed admirably, but was just lacking fitness and the niggle doesn't help.

Just feel that after the success of Danger last year, the club will be really conservative with injuries.

Slightly off topic, but catching the train to Geelong after the footy tonight - no shit it's full

Credit to the 3 younger folk who all stood up to offer their seats to 3 folk of the more mature generation - while many put their heads down and ignored those standing beside them, 3 made the effort to stand up, go talk to the older generation & offer them a seat

And no I wasn't one of them, but I also didn't have a seat to offer up

Been a while since a team has scored 125 against us hasn’t it? Daicos brothers 62 possies between them. Inside 50 smacking and woods completely outrun us… Bews decent on Eliot , Sav fixed McStay, other than that no real winners for the cats. Disappointing night and good slap in the face…

Premiers always tend to celebrate for a few weeks and fall behind the other teams regarding fitness - this showed in the last quarter. There were some good signs - it's very early days. A few outs + a few injuries on the day didn't help. I'm sure the crap surface contributed to the injuries :(

He'd be pretty stiff, he was our best player in the first half tonight.
Yeah I really like O'Connor's game so it's tricky. O.Henry was good minus his one brain fade but I'm not sure we absolutely need both he and Rohan right now. Bruhn as a pure stoppage player I'd say we do need. But he probably can't afford his next game to be weak.

Been a while since a team has scored 125 against us hasn’t it? Daicos brothers 62 possies between them. Inside 50 smacking and woods completely outrun us… Bews decent on Eliot , Sav fixed McStay, other than that no real winners for the cats. Disappointing night and good slap in the face…
It's just as disappointing that there's no "yawn" reaction possible for comments. So here I go:

YAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back