WWE WrestleMania 39 - Sunday 2nd & Monday 3rd April 2023 10am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Flat with the ending.

Genuinely, they are out of options to take the title from Roman.

At the 1000 day mark i believe they will introduce a new title, which will be the two belts combined into one.

It should have been Cody to bring in this new belt.

on the whole roster, there is genuinely two options left - Gunther and Theory.

Wouldnt be shocked to see Bron Brekker debut tomorrow night and come for Cody to set up a new feud.

Just working it out (was always bad a maths). Is 1000 days King of the ring? May 27

Actually... It makes it 999 days at King of the Ring. The 28th marks Roman's 1000 days.

I could see them pulling the trigger on Roman dropping just before the 1000.

Actually... It makes it 999 days at King of the Ring. The 28th marks Roman's 1000 days.

I could see them pulling the trigger on Roman dropping just before the 1000.

I thought that at first but its only the 2nd in the US not the 3rd, but still might have added wrong

Cody's time was now

The crowd will turn on him before (gimmick/routine will grow stale and people will lose interest) he gets the gold. In fact his next best opportunity may be as a heel covering the RTWM from November- March/April.

That’s why him beating the most strongly booked heel ever made no sense, his gimmick doesn’t hold up. He’s over at the moment because he was gone for a while.

He’s not even the most over babyface at the moment so him winning the gold would have been a bad move and would have thrown away everything they’ve built with Reigns for nothing.

That’s why him beating the most strongly booked heel ever made no sense, his gimmick doesn’t hold up. He’s over at the moment because he was gone for a while.

He’s not even the most over babyface at the moment so him winning the gold would have been a bad move and would have thrown away everything they’ve built with Reigns for nothing.

No ones gimmick holds up at this stage.

Its only going to end in a screwjob. Telling you now the answer is this.

Summerslam

Gunther vs Roman vs Cody in a ladder match

Cody gets taken out by Solo again. Gunther/Reigns the two left. Heyman walks in, hands the title to Gunther. Gunther blasts Reigns with it, Heyman handcffs Reigns to the rope. Gunther climbs ladder and wins title

Whether it's a sale, or some meaningless record - neither is a good reason to make a decision on a champion.

For all his faults at least Tony Khan is motivated by giving fans what they want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether it's a sale, or some meaningless record - neither is a good reason to make a decision on a champion.

For all his faults at least Tony Khan is motivated by giving fans what they want.

Unfortunately that's the price to pay as a publicly traded company. Shareholders before fans.

Roman retaining is the right call.

He'll only drop it once the angle with the bloodline is up. The Usos and eventually Solo will walk away and he'll be left alone with Heyman, which will lead to a face turn.

The home grown face of the company was never going to drop the titles to Stardust who has flip flopped between every enemy promotion under the sun in the space of 7 years.

Who is the most over baby face?

Sami by a mile...
-- personal thoughts follow --

However, out of he and Cody I'm more concerned with a Sami title run than I am a Rhodes run.

Sami is the classic chase story where the crowd is behind him but there's not many places they can go with it should he win it. I fear Sami as champ would kill his momentum like it has for others for decades now (at least as far back as Rey in 2006).

Cody they can put him against anyone and they can turn him and make him arrogant if they felt they needed something fresh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back