Game Day Round 10 West Coast vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

Jack Reiwoldt considers Bazzo our best young KPD prospect.

V good analysis by Jack.

Bazzo is one of the best young KPD prospect. It cannot be understated the interrupted pre-season he had, paired with further interruption with a concussion that meant he couldn’t train properly under concussion protocols.

He’s 19 and is coming in severely undercooked and playing for the first time without Hurn, Barrass or McGovern in a backline that lacks any sort of leadership. The ball is coming in fast. I think he is going to be great for the Club!

To make myself feel better, this thread WILL be locked literally as soon as the siren sounds.

HoneyBadger35 get the Positives (LOL) & Negatives thread ready.

This is where you get when playing finals regularly and not having access to top end talent?
True. I don't like the types of players they've brought in, too little emphasis on ground ball players IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

This. He's coached well with a terrible hand in 2023 but his role in getting the club into this position can't be understated.

He has coached so well infact we are dead last and most weeks don’t even put effort into playing. It’s his job to motivate the team to play, compete and chase, tackle and run… they do none of it… at all.

You want to make wholesale changes to the administration, then 'sort it out later', even though there's a huge tax for exceeding the soft cap.

I hope to god you're not an accountant.
So you want to reward incompetence, by leaving those in the positions that have got us in this sorry state ?, rather than making the accountable.

Great way to run a major sporting organisation, let those who have caused the problem keep their jobs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People say lots of things. Doesn't mean they're considered or to be taken wholeheartedly.

Bazzo is a nice kid. But he's slight, undersized for the role in today's game and a mediocre kick. He'll struggle more against a player like Mitch Lewis than Edwards or Barrass does.

The people having a go at Edwards today said the same thing about McGovern a decade ago. I've seen it before, and before too long Bazzo will be in the same boat.

Young McGovern was never uncoordinated and never got lost in play like Edwards regularly does.

He was fat and lazy, something that can be rectified.

More excuses to maintain the status quo.

Are you a public servant?

We need to act decisively. Sort the administration of that out later. No excuses.
Man you love your old man rants

Does not matter who coaches next year, we will be worst next year.

I would rather keep Simpson until end of next year, as any new coach would be lucky to win a game next year

I wonder if the mastercoach has considered playing Oscar Allen where he might get a kick

f

Yeah but You could also argue a new coach can change things up and improve the playing list and make them better express themselves..

Look at Collingwood got rid of Buckley and look at them now ...sometimes you have to rake the risk

I like simmo but atm the players are just not improving
Look, I'm not saying I necessarily want Simmo to be the coach long term and, to be honest, I'd be surprised if he got another contract, because coaches after 10 years generally go stale, even at other clubs.

Our list is an utter shambles and it's better to have a senior head carry them through this, than some untried bloke out to make a name for himself as fast as possible. That rarely ends well.

Also, look at all the rebuilding sides and take note of any new coaches who still have their jobs after 2+ years.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Nicks. The rest have been rebuilding for years and cycling coaches.

Also, Collingwood weren't a rebuilding club, it's a very poor example.

He has coached so well infact we are dead last and most weeks don’t even put effort into playing. It’s his job to motivate the team to play, compete and chase, tackle and run… they do none of it… at all.
I think we've clearly put in effort most weeks. To sustain that effort as an uncompetitive side is difficult especially when the physical burden falls on a few actually fit players.

There’s your answer. All well and good to say “why don’t they trade their players” but when pressed for a name there’s silence for 10 seconds and Healy meekly offers up Gaff’s name who we previously discussed as playing like a 30 gamer an hour ago.

People with no understanding of our list saying “why aren’t we trading players out” is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back