Autopsy 2023 Rd 11 It's Groundhog Day ... again

Who played well for the Blues vs the Swans in Round 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Opposition fans, if you do not want your account to have points added to it, your person insulted, your intellect derided, perhaps reconsider posting in this thread.

You have been warned.

We don't need opposition fans in here pointing out how shit we are.

We've got that well covered!

Last edited:

I was thinking it felt earlier.

Very 2012 for me with everyone talking us up at the start of the year. A well respected former champion of the game struggling as the coach of a Blues team with lofty expectations

Now the injuries have started to hit...

And despite the rumor that I posted about it being as a coaching director the big name coach is suddenly out of contract.

How long until our powerbrokers totally "Carlton" this?

We played a lot better in 2012 and we had injuries all season. We've not been particularly hard hit this season and only tonight did we cop a few.

The whole disintegration of the game plan after previously looking half decent, the confusion and the collective reduction in form of most of the players reeks 2011. Voss is even talking in press conferences the same as Teague, and it doesn't match what we are witnessing.

Just an email or is there a form? I think you owe the money once it rolls over regardless.
If you login to the membership bit somewhere in the payments section you can contact the club to change payment methods and it takes you to a dynamic form. I pay yearly though so no change until end of the year.

I think thylacine60's preview thread is the only thing that will cheer me up at this point...

Thy making a sequel for Nicky G would be much appreciated right about now too.

Cottrell was good.

His manic pressure was a rare delight.

Why can't every player play like that?

I realise Cottrell has superior fitness to almost all, but I wanna see players play with heart and desperation...

His manic pressure was a rare delight.

Why can't every player play like that?

I realise Cottrell has superior fitness to almost all, but I wanna see players play with heart and desperation...

It's about what's beating in the chest as much as anything.

He loves the club and wearing the jumper in a way only a few others can truly understand.

He might not be the best player but he'll always give 100% of himself.

If we had 22 players who love the monogram the way he and SOS do we'd be unstoppable.

You and I think very differently, I down-voted it.

I've now had a quick read of your posts. I'm not aiming to be argumentative, but I honestly can't tell what you think based on the content you've published.

Objectively, that post is full of facts. On what basis can you disagree so completely with what was written to downvote it?

We have no experienced players on the field from successful (premiership winning) systems.

We've had 8 head coaches in 20 years. Sacking another will give us a short term performance uplift.

Our playing group are as much if not more responsible for our current predicament than anyone at the club.

The players need to get us out of this.

Historically, including for our last one in 1995, premierships are won by playing groups who take full ownership of and responsibility for their destiny. Our players aren't even at base camp in this regard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's about what's beating in the chest as much as anything.

He loves the club and wearing the jumper in a way only a few others can truly understand.

He might not be the best player but he'll always give 100% of himself.

If we had 22 players who love the monogram the way he and SOS do we'd be unstoppable.
Simon Wiggins

After so many years being the league’s laughing stock, being sold a bunch of magic beans from the club and an incredibly slow “green shoots” rebuild. This is what we have to show for it. This is the shite we get served by 2 Coleman medalists, a Brownlow medalist a number of AAs and a lot of high draft picks and trade ins.

We have all been patient, really patient and our reward …. This shite.

Sad reality is that for the first time ever I don’t care, really don’t. Club is broken and I bereft of answers on how to fix it. Luckily I’ve seen a couple of premierships and although I’ve probably got another 40 years left in me I’m resigned to never seeing another. As a kid I used to wonder how the hell Melbourne turned into the state they were in after being such a powerhouse. Years in the wilderness, years. Well guess what we are the bastard son of Melbourne and St. Kilda.

Nearly 90,000 members! And this is what this team serves up to is loyal paying supporters. ****ing disgrace.

So,e one please explain to me how we went from playing such a great brand of footy the first half of last year to this abomination mid way 5hrough the season. What the **** happened? I gotta make sense of this otherwise I’ll just not care. Hope has disappeared. At least with the rebuild you could see signs. But we are still getting pushed off the ball way too easily, can’t stick tackles and can’t do any of the fundamentals let alone the 1%

I literally want to sack the entire club and start over but that’s been done and we are back to square ****ing 1.

Caelton is the devil and we have all sold ours souls to bE left souless by what this club now stands for ….. Absolutely ****ing nothing.

I used to agree with that early on after moving up here.

These days I miss the group of mates I had where I'd be able to attend their club's games with them and get a fix of footy so even when we played like crap it'd be bearable.

Being 2000km away and being a ride and die Carlton fan trying to support the club is absolutely miserable.

Me too Wick. The good times aren’t as good on the TV but the bad times still definitely suck just as much.

I was fortunate enough to get to the North Melbourne game over Easter to see a win but even that was painful to watch.

Since we faced West Coast, we have scored
32 goals 49 points. Roughly when we reach the goal, there's a less than 40% chance we will get it through the big sticks. This doesn't even factor in Harry's billion out of bounds of the full. Compare that to West Coast for the same period, they are just under 50%. I think Carlton's has got to be a record low. Our forward line is deplorable. The kicks into it don't help.

Well I can't sleep. Can you think of one player that has improved this year apart from Cerra? That's quite an achievement for the whole *ing list to regress

Cottrell, Owies, Newman. Kemp at a stretch. Charlie has stayed cool.

To Voss’ credit he has given Hollands and Cowan a good go which wouldn’t have happened in the past.

I do agree with what you’re getting at though. If 5 players have improved, 40 haven’t. That’s a worry.

Will they learn doc was his best as a half back back pocket running defender .. playing him as an average mid leaves us bare boned behind the ball .. Kennedy there is as dumb as Jsos 2 nd ruck every week all game ..
weitering looked better without young as young did without weiters .. once durdin fit promote him as lock down defender ..
but until small fwds learn to work the ground balls at pace we won't get anywhere - there all 3-4 step players that are not sharp enough and no foot floor pace .. Durds looked good early but has hit a real flat spot.. motlop gets caught far to often

Metaphorically speaking I assume.

Otherwise, I bet he tried to point out which teeth were knocked out to the doctors, albeit unsuccessfully. Instead, the doctors would have e been left thinking he was merely concussed.
Yes the ball kept going through his hands all night he was lucky Charlie's pass didn't give him concussion ..

this team played like how the club has been operating for decades… just couldn’t get out of each other’s way.

Sad Koala GIF

Back