Upsets?
Freo. Beat melb away last year
Adel. In Raging good form bris poor travellers
Swans? At home
Hawks. As Rossy said, should have won by more
Suns? Don’t lose up north much

Wce richmond and nm. Genuinely overpowered

Gws genuine upset

Is this some kind of pitch at winning the contrarian of the year award? In 6 of 9 games the favourite lost. It was a round of upsets.

Just calling it for what it is mate, bonafide matchwinner delivering at a high level. Every chance in 4 months time he'll be an All Australian in a premiership season.
JGD has been given the same speech as Steveie J, he won't mess up again.
He is an absolute bull. Like you said, a quality player reaching the potential his contract requires.

Just calling it for what it is mate, bonafide matchwinner delivering at a high level. Every chance in 4 months time he'll be an All Australian in a premiership season.

If he was remotely gettable and teams didn't go in for him then it is Dusty Martin 2013 all over again and the Magpies will be the beneficiaries of it just like the Tigers were.

If he was remotely gettable and teams didn't go in for him then it is Dusty Martin 2013 all over again and the Magpies will be the beneficiaries of it just like the Tigers were.
HR keeps pushing JDG because he is but hurt the board didn’t unanimously agree with him that he was worth risking mega dollars for. It’s why he keeps mentioning him. Dusty couldn’t get the dollars he wanted elsewhere so stayed. People will pay a high price or they take a risk. They don’t do both at the same time.

HR keeps pushing JDG because he is but hurt the board didn’t unanimously agree with him that he was worth risking mega dollars for. It’s why he keeps mentioning him. Dusty couldn’t get the dollars he wanted elsewhere so stayed. People will pay a high price or they take a risk. They don’t do both at the same time.

I understand why he keeps mentioning it - it doesn't make him wrong.

And people won't take a risk and pay a price at the same time? Wow - there are so many examples of that being wrong in sport. There are countless high risk/high price trades/signings across the sporting spectrum.

Is this some kind of pitch at winning the contrarian of the year award? In 6 of 9 games the favourite lost. It was a round of upsets.

I’m my mind I am the contrarian of the year. But you may have a contrary view. Perhaps 6 in the one round is remarkable but were any that big a surprise? Not really.

And people won't take a risk and pay a price at the same time? Wow - there are so many examples of that being wrong in sport. There are countless high risk/high price trades/signings across the sporting spectrum.
He is wrong because no one came and offered the megabucks he said they would.

The thing is that players like JDG and Martin exploring the market and discovering that every other club sees them as somewhat of a risk is probably an important part of their development as players. I imagine it would be very humbling. Every chance that going to another club on big bucks would make them a worse player, or at least a less serious player, in the long term.

He is wrong because no one came and offered the megabucks he said they would.

I wasn't arguing about the financial aspect, however St Kilda came hard for him and that resulted in Collingwood caving a little on behaviour clauses and upping their money offer.

I was agreeing with HODGEYROAD that he should have been a consideration for list management of a lot of clubs despite his media attention because it had 2013 Dusty written all over it where Martin was shopped to other clubs who didn't want a bar of him (even GWS pulled their high money offer) and that ended up costing those clubs the services of a player who turned out to be an absolute beast.

The thing is that players like JDG and Martin exploring the market and discovering that every other club sees them as somewhat of a risk is probably an important part of their development as players. I imagine it would be very humbling. Every chance that going to another club on big bucks would make them a worse player, or at least a less serious player, in the long term.

Well being that the other suitor was St Kilda, the 'this could make me a worse player' would have to have been a serious consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duke is currently top 10 AFL rated over the past few months ( almost ).
About a 1/3 of the cost and 100% less off field risk and drama .
Will obviously get a well deserved contract increase .

JDG would want to be for his contract and the drama he has caused his club.

I know which I would prefer

Odd that it’s just a season - are the Swans expecting a miracle cure?

Reckon it’s time McCartin took some ownership. We all get he wants to play but the reality is that he can’t

It’s quite selfish on his part and unusual from a clubs pov to keep trying to get him on the park.

Reckon it’s time McCartin took some ownership. We all get he wants to play but the reality is that he can’t

It’s quite selfish on his part and unusual from a clubs pov to keep trying to get him on the park.
Nearly has to have his papers stamped by the entire copmpetition, a liability they should avoid.
Sad scenario but now at an impasse where others have to protect him.

So Caro apologises to Cripps for doing what too many journos do - get it wrong for the sake of sensationalism or the quick headline, bugger the consequences. This has to stop. They need to be made accountable.

Footy players miss a week or more for a split second error of judgement on the field or if they play up off the field. Journos have all the time in the world to get their facts right yet they still publish lies causing distress amongst players, clubs and fans. How about an AFL imposed sanction for any unsubstantiated bulldust they write? No TV appearances, no media articles, no access to players or coaches for x weeks. The AFL control the media, I’m sure they could make it happen. Grubs like Barrett would be would be seen or heard less and less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back