Autopsy Round 13, 2023: Sydney v St.Kilda *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Fisher would actually be an okay player to target, Carlton have ****ed him after a very promising start.

I don't get why it upsets people that some posters don't rate certain players. It seems like some players are open to getting absolutely ripped into like Ross, Gresham, Howard and some are sacred cows.

I don't think we will know what we have with Windy for a while but he looks as good a lot of high picks at the same age. Might as well just enjoy the ride rather than trying to predict his ceiling.
Windy has that ability to see ball, hunt ball and get ball (like Hunter C.) and with his strength he can hold the ball in a tackle and then get rid of it successfully. I reckon he will be a gun.

back then teams were not flooding... Lockett was a stay at home forward - easy to hit a target.

Harvey's kicking was still a lot better than most of our current midfielders, he could hit Lockett on the chest lace out time and time again while our current midfielders kick it over our forwards heads or at their feet and every once in a while they fluke a kick that hits them on their chest.

Although it was good to get away with a win I hope that doesn't just paper over the cracks that are still showing with our game plan and skill level.

Our kicking inside 50 still needs improvement along with our forward line set up, both were deplorable at times especially in the first quarter where we constantly butchered kicks inside 50 and kicked it straight to Swans players without any of our forwards near enough to even create a contest for us.

I said it in the match thread but I still don't understand why Robert Harvey is our forward line coach when he never played as a forward, it makes about as much sense as hiring Nick Riewoldt to be our midfield coach or Stephen Milne to be our ruck coach.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have Robert Harvey coaching our midfielders and teaching them how to kick inside 50 to our forwards, something he was an expert at. The silver service he used to give Lockett and Loewe was a thing of beauty, our forwards now would kill to have that sort of service.

Maybe the thinking is that he can teach the forwards what a midfield likes to see coming out of half back vs a wing stoppage vs a centre clearance?

"If im on the left wing, and RoMa gets the ball to the inside and I'm clear here is what I'm looking for; Kingy you need to be here, Snags run like this to draw the defender up, Hammer... smash."

Could help build more synergy between the two groups long term?

I thought Ross looked pretty solid and much better than the last few weeks. A lot of the older guys are protecting the kids and allowing them to play their game. There is a really fine balance between developing and winning and developing and bottoming out. We look like we have the balance pretty right when we play like that.

Battle and Wood were quieter than usual but neither were bad. I think Lyon's bottom 6 players or what ever he called it is right. Our best players played well but our bottom 6 players carried their share of the load as well. The Saints need to play as a unit because they don't have a star to lift them on their back. Well maybe King, he looks ready to kick bags of 10 goals soon.
Gringo2011 you’re spot on. The older guys are covering for the younger guys and players like Sinclair to allow them to be free. It allows the younger guys to build confidence. I suspect that RTB isn’t worried about the number of a players
disposals because his KPIs probably relate to pressure acts, guarding spacing like protecting the corridor and assisting teammates with blocks, etc.

Daisy is not part of the broadcast team because of her footy accumen or that she is more insightful than a 200+ game veteran. Apparently the average female viewer hates the usual "blokey club" commentary like Duck and BT and Lyon etc. She's there to appeal to the other 50% of the population.
Imagine being offered a job not because you were the best person for the role, but because it meant you helped make up a quota of sorts, to be fair, I think half them men commentator's could be culled as well, so it's not a gender thing, it's a lack of interesting things to say thing

Easy to access?

I've gone to homebush and that was a pain. Parked right up the back
Yeah pretty easy, but I'm staying about 15min walk from the SCG so that probably helps

Imagine being offered a job not because you were the best person for the role, but because it meant you helped make up a quota of sorts, to be fair, I think half them men commentator's could be culled as well, so it's not a gender thing, it's a lack of interesting things to say thing

If Ch7 need to have a female commentator I would prefer it to be Abbey Holmes rather than Daisy Pearce, Abbey is a more polished media performer.

No massive surprise here, but…
Thought I’d treat myself to a paper today to have a little read about our win from last night (but more for a fire starter for the fire)
Aside from the back page (lovely photo of Higgo celebrating), but the next three pages you would barely be able to pick we actually won this game.
Could they have at least picked a photo of a contest that Mitchito won?
Anyway weird pointless rant over - Go Saints!

Attachments

• AE883D09-37BB-496E-8CC3-D69317138685.jpeg
    AE883D09-37BB-496E-8CC3-D69317138685.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 54
  • D9F2B69C-FC04-4C99-AFC3-15E37E016855.jpeg
    D9F2B69C-FC04-4C99-AFC3-15E37E016855.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 53
  • 8B7E1DC4-01A2-47DC-8981-DF92BFC66ED9.jpeg
    8B7E1DC4-01A2-47DC-8981-DF92BFC66ED9.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 53

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No massive surprise here, but…
Thought I’d treat myself to a paper today to have a little read about our win from last night (but more for a fire starter for the fire)
Aside from the back page (lovely photo of Higgo celebrating), but the next three pages you would barely be able to pick we actually won this game.
Could they have at least picked a photo of a contest that Mitchito won?
Anyway weird pointless rant over - Go Saints!
We’re a sleeping juggernaut

Monty had a decent game.
Gresh a bit better than he’s been.
Seb won’t play much next year.
Battle ok.
Sharmy may have saved a bit of face.
Hilly fairly quiet or held.
Steelo better than he’s been.

Agree. Channel 7 commentary is almost totally appalling. Maybe they paid so much for the AFL rights, there was no money
left to hire decent commentators ?

Agree. Channel 7 commentary is almost totally appalling. Maybe they paid so much for the AFL rights, there was no money
left to hire decent commentators ?

The Fox commentary team is much better than Ch7's' commentary team, well at least the likes of Huddo, Dunstall, Garry Lyon and Nathan Buckley are.

Knew the boys were switched on, when Stocker 184cm 86kg tackled Buddy 199cm 102kg front on in the 1st quarter.

Come at me Big Boy!

View attachment 1708006
Someone also front on "brick wall" tackled Blakey early on. Stopped him dead. Can't remember who. Butler ?

It looks like he might be playing a role IMO. Lyon wouldn't carry him if he was just walking round doing nothing. It looked like he was playing a minding role on someone yesterday which Sydney often do with some of their mids to free others. His game looked better on the eye than most of his recent ones at least. Possession counts aren't as important as they were once. We tend to always pick a long option and don't piss around with the ball any more.

I'd rather Ross as a role player than a key piece of the midfield personally. He's not clean enough as the outside play maker that is his best role.
he seemed to be a lot of directing as well yesterday

Reckon he could make the AA top 40, but if Owens continues this form, is it ludicrous to say Mitchito will make the final 22?

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

He might make the AA 40 man squad but I doubt that he will make the final 22.

Players usually don't make the AA team on the back of one breakout year, if he can back it up with a good year next year he will be a better chance.

Sharman is running around for the Zebras right now.
I think Sharman needs more playing time at the top level to build his confidence & get his sea legs. There were times last night he looked like an octopus on crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back