Review Rd 15 Review - Freo Get Back on Track Over the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Treacy has reverted back to early season form. Missed his very gettable set shots and was dropping uncontested marks. I’m keen to see him keep developing and he has a few more leave passes to use yet, but Kuek is beginning to apply pressure on him for his spot.

Was a fun game to watch, possibly because Essendon were trying to go on the offensive as much as possible meaning we had lots of space to also move offensively. As JLo said, we shouldn't expect the Western Bulldogs or Carlton to play the same.

The most depressing thing to think about after that game is how wide the gap is between Freo with Darcy versus Freo without Darcy. I think after that game I want to check in on Knobel's development because I honestly think we need to be able to fill the main ruck position so that Jackson can continue to be a handful everywhere else.

I thought it was interesting that both Erasmus and Johnson played a lot of outside midfield time this games and at one point both lined up on either wing when Henry was having a break. JLo said that Johnson also was spending more time forward with O'Meara back in the lineup and was basically filling gaps, which is what I thought he might be best suited to at the start of the year, so good that they are really backing him in. JLo also talked about how midfield tackles and pressure are really important to the side; I know Erasmus will probably go out for Aish but I can't help but wonder if we are not much better in that regards to have Erasmus in the side?

Speaking of pressure, the difference in Swita this week versus last week was also noticeable chalk and cheese watching - I wonder what that is all about?

Treacy has reverted back to early season form. Missed his very gettable set shots and was dropping uncontested marks. I’m keen to see him keep developing and he has a few more leave passes to use yet, but Kuek is beginning to apply pressure on him for his spot.

I’m in Mexico and haven’t watched it but just from the reading the comments it sounded like the forward line worked particularly well again with Jacko/Amiss/Treacy. A forward line is the sum of its parts.
He stays in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nah Kuek is still very far away. Treacy will impact a game even if he has like 5 touches just because of his physicality

Martin hardly got within 50 metres of him though except when they lined up after a goal on the wing. Henry was left on many occasions to run around on his own with absolutely no respect of anyone to play on him.
Who won the battle?

I wonder if Henry's game would be viewed differently by coaches and players.

A bit like Brodie getting 30 possies, then getting dropped.

HELP ME PLEASE.

Great game.

BUT

At c5mins in it was:
2:2 to 0:1 :eek:
10 marks to 0:oops:
Dons had loose men everywhere

ie we were playing EXACTLY like we did the previous 2 weeks.

Then we all know what happened next.

What the flip changed? If we can work that out and tell JL we will win the premiership this year!

HELP ME PLEASE.

Great game.

BUT

At c5mins in it was:

What the flip changed? If we can work that out and tell JL we will win the premiership this year!
In the first 5 mins we had 1 kick and 7 handballs.

We were getting our hands on the footy but turning it over 3 metres away and the Bombers punished us. Our handball game is a huge weakness at times.

Kuek is nowhere near it. Even JL said that the other day and he normally never makes statements like that about players, usually just sits in the fence.

HELP ME PLEASE.

Great game.

BUT

At c5mins in it was:

We got our ground ball and pressure game up and running and became much harder to play against.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was in the plane to Bali during the game, great to see the result when I checked the result upon landing!

Question - I know we haven’t won many first quarters (2 out of our last 18?), but how many games have we actually kicked the first goal of the game? Can’t seem to remember one in recent memory…

Was in the plane to Bali during the game, great to see the result when I checked the result upon landing!

Question - I know we haven’t won many first quarters (2 out of our last 18?), but how many games have we actually kicked the first goal of the game? Can’t seem to remember one in recent memory…
Our last home game against Richmond for one.

Johnson great
Henry best game for the club by far
Shultz still out of form
Fyfe has some great moments mixed with bad
I actually thought Schultz was really good and with Switta important in changing the game. Created some goals with pure mongrel. Six tackles. Not saying Freddy, Sonny, Treacy did much wrong but they did less than Shoota. Even Jye was quiet in the second half.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Treacy looked like he was trying to bring the ball to ground more often than marking it, but a couple of times he should have just marked it

rewatching now, late in the second quarter how ******* good is luke jackson jesus, proper game changer, looking like an elite full forward and then clean and nimble as all heck in the contest

special player

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who won the battle?

I wonder if Henry's game would be viewed differently by coaches and players.

A bit like Brodie getting 30 possies, then getting dropped.
No, he's already been praised by all, coaches and players. It was a genuinely great game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back