Autopsy Joy in Longmire 300th Swans by 2 over the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it's exaggerated at all. He's the only one that does it. Heeney does do it but not as consistently as Hayward. If you actually look for it, you'll see he does it countless times in a game. Just one of those things in a run of the mill play that people don't take notice of.

Yeah he's got some things to improve on, he seems to put himself under needless pressure when ball in hand of late. But the amount of times he marks, scraps and forces the ball our way, it gives us so much more than what his errant kicks hurt us. We can pick and choose what we want to notice but rest assured the coaches know and value you what he brings, he won't be getting dropped which says it all.

respectfully disagree … other than I agree he will be selected every week, irrespective of performance.

Just seeing that pic reminds me that the wife has asked me to pick up some shampoo for her. I need to ask what Poulter's hair regime is so that she can have such luxurious locks as well.
There does seem to have been an over-concentration on hair care over at the Bulldogs in recent years, which may go some way to explaining their wild inconsistency.

Coach needs to remind the playing group that they are there to win football matches.

Can happen to anyone.

I’m proud of my boy SammyW
Had an old school tagging role on Bailey Dale from midway through the second quarter
Have a look at Dales quarter by quarter stats!
Sammy was very aggressive but mature walking the Ritchie McCraw line!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Had an old school tagging role on Bailey Dale from midway through the second quarter

11, 6, 3, 2

Impressive job by Wicks.

I notice Longmire said Papley had been playing with broken ribs. Christ, no wonder he has been struggling. Heeney was obviously playing with a shoulder injury and it was evident last night again.

Congratulations to Longmire on his 300 game as coach. Happy Birthday to Paps he certainly has a ball.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Post from bulldogs insta: "I very rarely complain about umpires but that was dismal."

Oh I bet you don't. :tearsofjoy:
I do agree with them, though. The number of times the dogs threw the ball and were never called for it is a real blight on the game. Is it incompetent umpiring or a directive, because so many times last night I and people who I was with called "throw" when they did it? It would be a terrible drinking game.

They get away with murder in this department EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. The umpires should be ashamed of themselves if they ever re-watch it.

You can see both sides of players playing with injuries but Papley with broken ribs...Heeney with a stuffed shoulder.....I know we are still a chance for the finals but that isn't healthy for the player and it's just asking for a minor injury to become a major one. Let alone form issues as well.

You should be proud of him, Ralphy! He ALWAYS gives 100% and, like all players, will occasionally come up short. But not last night! Tell him that the most fickle board in the AFL is lauding him at the moment.

You can see both sides of players playing with injuries but Papley with broken ribs...Heeney with a stuffed shoulder.....I know we are still a chance for the finals but that isn't healthy for the player and it's just asking for a minor injury to become a major one. Let alone form issues as well.

Not sure on the shoulder, but rib injuries don't usually get worse.

I'm currently training with two cracked ribs, hurts like nothing else but I'm not going to aggravate anything.

wicks seems to be putting team first since he's been back in seniors, head down, works hard, controlled aggression ... as you say, a lot more mature

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also get that Hayward has more strings to his bow than just goal kicking but seriously that shank was embarassing and allowed the Dogs to get downfield with little pressure. Even if he has the yips he has to score at least a point so we can reset and try and force a turnover and a repeat inside fifty.
Playing as a forward means you have to have better than average goal kicking skills , you can't be carried in that area game in game out.
And I haven't forgotten that Amartey and Bud missed a couple each as well. At times this year we have had Heeney , Papley and Hayward in the same games having the yips. Poor kicking is poor football , it's cost us games throughout the season.
We probably don't have room in the soft cap to get a kicking coach , would like to see Nick Davis back for that or Plugger again.

Not sure on the shoulder, but rib injuries don't usually get worse.

I'm currently training with two cracked ribs, hurts like nothing else but I'm not going to aggravate anything.
Wow that's nuts you are keen 😁 ....there is a chance of punctured lung from cracked ribs in a collision sport , not common but there is a chance.
Personally would have had Papley sit out and heal as he was struggling with his form not surprising if he had been playing with broken ribs.

I had a few mates with me and it was their first game watching Australian Rules Football. They saw Sam just pestering Dale off the ball in the third quarter and asked why he was doing it/is it allowed. 😂 Hard to explain the in's/out's of a defensive forward role to newcomers.

Last edited:
One thing that’s always notable when you watch the dogs, and it’s even more evident at the ground, is how good they are at what seem to be set plays blocking space for their leading forwards.

It’s the reason Naughton seems to take so many essentially uncontested marks on the lead. Usually it’s set up so his final lead takes him past one of his other forwards, who’ll then step out and block the defender chasing him.

Not strictly legal, but hard to police.

I wish we were as clever.
It’s what happens when you are constantly kissed on the dick By the umps. They can scrag, block and slight hold without any repercussions.

One game it doesn’t happen and then they fall apart.

Last edited:
Bloods win. Pressure elite, fought tooth and nail, wanted it more. Might not make finals but internally, this win means so much to the playing group and coaching staff. Gulden again our best, pressure at ground level generally very good and able to hit it forward.

Tommy Mac on Ugle Hagan did a superb job one on one. Rowy, Liz, Rampe grew as the game went on. Buddy was HUGE in the last term pressure was very good. Sam wicks played his role brilliantly, how about that one handed pickup that led to the paps goal late, threw his body at it and won 50/50s. Great to see paps slot home a bag on his birthday, played unselfish today too. O florent still isnt getting enough appreciation, could be top 5 in the b and f, drive off half back was very good.

We had to beat them with ball movement and we sure did. Able to score well from defensive 50, stoppages in our forward 50 were good too. Wanted it more, means alot to the group and doing it for John, a great night on overall a difficult year.
Wonder if we'll see another post from #mtooler as to how Florent is barely a C grader.

Heaps of positives. Probably another game we should have won by more as well, but at least we got over the line this time.

Real shame about Melican, hes's a hard worker!

Chad for Corey, and Francis for Melican next week against Freo. Think we will have to go with the same plan against Darcy/Jackson.

Heaps of positives. Probably another game we should have won by more as well, but at least we got over the line this time.

Chad for Corey, and Francis for Melican next week against Freo. Think we will have to go with the same plan against Darcy/Jackson.
I watched Arnold last week. He was good. Gut caught out once or twice but other than that was very good.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we make it into the finals (it'll take a miracle) then we're doing something right. Would rather take that then continuing to lose.
Where has playing blokes who are banged up gotten us? You hear Horse talk about what Papley's been playing through all year and then last night he manages just his second great game for the year. Are any of these blokes who are banged up going to play well enough to get us the necessary wins to make this finals pursuit worthwhile? I personally doubt it a lot.

Doesn't really sound likely that Chad will be back next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back