Autopsy Swans by 2 in a nailbiter

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely choose to forget his BOG performance the week before.
There seems to be a pattern this season of Parker playing a really good game and putting in a bad one the week after. There was definitely an injury issue effecting him in this game. Terrible game by his standards and not a game he would play if fully fit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

There seems to be a pattern this season of Parker playing a really good game and putting in a bad one the week after. There was definitely an injury issue effecting him in this game. Terrible game by his standards and not a game he would play if fully fit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I feel like his issue is one that we've always known really, which is that he's much better when he has another hard nut or two he can bounce off and work with. This year he has mostly been the lone hard nut in the midfield, which puts him back in that 'main man' role that I think he struggles with.

Clearly not fit at the minute and has been the case for a few weeks now.

I feel like his issue is one that we've always known really, which is that he's much better when he has another hard nut or two he can bounce off and work with. This year he has mostly been the lone hard nut in the midfield, which puts him back in that 'main man' role that I think he struggles with.

Clearly not fit at the minute and has been the case for a few weeks now.
That's where JPK was so important

That's where JPK was so important
Also worth considering, LP is not a big man. Regardless of how hard you are, a bigger heavier body is likely to bump you off the ball.

Where LP still excels is his decision-making in heavy traffic - still gets the handball out most times.

Also worth considering, LP is not a big man. Regardless of how hard you are, a bigger heavier body is likely to bump you off the ball.

Where LP still excels is his decision-making in heavy traffic - still gets the handball out most times.
Wow it's interesting how differently people see things. I'd describe Parker by almost completely reversing those two things. I think his biggest asset is his size and strength, he's built like a brick shithouse and is an immoval object who requires two opposition blokes to bring him down. It's what he does with the ball in heavy traffic that I personally don't rate much.

Wow it's interesting how differently people see things. I'd describe Parker by almost completely reversing those two things. I think his biggest asset is his size and strength, he's built like a brick shithouse and is an immoval object who requires two opposition blokes to bring him down. It's what he does with the ball in heavy traffic that I personally don't rate much.

Agree. I'd add he is not a great reader of taps and therefore an average first touch ball hunter (and distributor as you point out).

183 @ 85 is really not that big. Cripps is what….195 and 92?

Bont is 192 & 90, Petracca 186 & 98, Dangerwank is 189 & 91.

So in comparison to his opposition, LP is a lightweight, who makes up for his stature with intensity at the man/ball.

I personally think he’s in the top 5 ‘in close’ players the Swans have got, along with Gulden, Liz, Warner, & Florent

183 @ 85 is really not that big. Cripps is what….195 and 92?

Bont is 192 & 90, Petracca 186 & 98, Dangerwank is 189 & 91.

So in comparison to his opposition, LP is a lightweight, who makes up for his stature with intensity at the man/ball.

I personally think he’s in the top 5 ‘in close’ players the Swans have got, along with Gulden, Liz, Warner, & Florent

Swans have him listed at 88kg this year.

183cm & 88kg is a solid unit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weight listed on swans site is a joke. Mills 188cm 86kg. Jmac 189cm 83kg. Bs mills is only 86kg
I dunno... I believe that with Mills. He looks slimmer this year, could have something to do with surgery he had end of last year restricting his pre-season a fair bit. And McInerney is deceptively big. Watching him live a few weeks ago he almost looked like a smaller key position player.

Former French colonies developed their own variants. None accepted in formal French.

Spanish is different with less controls in Spain, meaning the language evolves. I learned though Spanish as spoken in Central America holds more to the Spanish as then spoken when colonised.
It's natural that emigrants tend to freeze their culture as they knew it. Afrikaans uses words from earlier Dutch. Australian and American English contain words no longer used in England. The Irish diaspora in Australia reflect an Ireland of the past, more than Ireland of today. Poms in Australia whine even more than Poms in England (OK, I made that up. Poms in England whine just as much)

Parker is a pretty solid unit, even if he's not as tall as some of his peers. I never thought of Parker as that big because JPK always made him seem smaller. Joey was a seriously big bloke. Parker has had to step up this year

It's natural that emigrants tend to freeze their culture as they knew it. Afrikaans uses words from earlier Dutch. Australian and American English contain words no longer used in England. The Irish diaspora in Australia reflect an Ireland of the past, more than Ireland of today. Poms in Australia whine even more than Poms in England (OK, I made that up. Poms in England whine just as much)
100%. Father of wife's friend grew up in Sicily. Went back after 30 years and said he couldn't understand a word it had changed so much. Couldn't get back home to Aus quick enough!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back