Autopsy Joy in Longmire 300th Swans by 2 over the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think there's many of us who could argue we weren't fortunate last night (as we've been similarly unfortunate in other games). I'm certainly not letting last nights win paper over the obvious cracks in our game.

However I'm optimistic that our deficiencies can be overcome before next season. It all starts and ends with the clearances. Even if we break even we look twice as good all over the ground, and absolutely terrible when we're getting smashed there.

The ruck is obviously a huge part of this so I think if we can get some stability in there next season (A fit Ladhams and an improving McAndrew is a good start with maybe another journeyman or surplus ruck from another team as backup) it will go a long way to improving that part of our game. Another preseason into Sheldrick will help too. Still think we could use another extractor in there but also wouldn't surprise me if a fit ruck will be enough to break even in most games like we did last season.

We also obviously need either another KD or a very good swingman who can play forward as well.

Our tall forwards are a concern but I think we have enough talent in our small and mid sized forwards and our goalkicking mids that we can cover their deficiencies while they develop.

The competition is so even at the moment that I don't think we're as far off success as it seems. I definitely understand your scepticism because there are some glaring deficiencies at the moment, but I can see a clear way forward.
As long as we're in the log jam around the 8 we're in with a chance.

My ladder predictor* has us dropping two more games but still slipping into 7th due to results of other games going our way. We play dogs (6th) in the elimination final, where we snuff out their season and move on to beat Brisbane. In a classic déja vu we meet and beat Melbourne at the MCG and come face with Geelong for a replay of the GF. Inspired by the mirror finish of Sydney/WC in 2005/2006 as we reverse the 2022 result to win 2023 by a hundred points as Buddy signs off with a 15 goal bag (suitcase?) and we win 23.12.150 to 7.8.50*. Geelong players stand magnanimous in defeat as our players finally chair Horse off the ground**

*I'm never wrong

**Age catches up to Geelong's veteran warriors. Play is postponed and TV broadcast schedules thrown into chaos as the blood rule sees Hawkins hobble off on a zimmer frame, frequently stopping to catch his breath. Geelong are penalised for an interchange infringement as he takes 25 minutes to exit the field. Buddy manages to steal a much needed nap, leaving him much refreshed.

***Certain Swans fans still call for a sacking of Horse, claiming we just got lucky and it had nothing to do with his coaching.

My ladder predictor* has us dropping two more games but still slipping into 7th due to results of other games going our way. We play dogs (6th) in the elimination final, where we snuff out their season and move on to beat Brisbane. In a classic déja vu we meet and beat Melbourne at the MCG and come face with Geelong for a replay of the GF. Inspired by the mirror finish of Sydney/WC in 2005/2006 as we reverse the 2022 result to win 2023 by a hundred points as Buddy signs off with a 15 goal bag (suitcase?) and we win 23.12.150 to 7.8.50*. Geelong players stand magnanimous in defeat as our players finally chair Horse off the ground**

*I'm never wrong

**Age catches up to Geelong's veteran warriors. Play is postponed and TV broadcast schedules thrown into chaos as the blood rule sees Hawkins hobble off on a zimmer frame, frequently stopping to catch his breath. Geelong are penalised for an interchange infringement as he takes 25 minutes to exit the field. Buddy manages to steal a much needed nap, leaving him much refreshed.

***Certain Swans fans still call for a sacking of Horse, claiming we just got lucky and it had nothing to do with his coaching.
I'm sold

Incorrect.

Winning v Geelong would now have Geelong, Adelaide, GWS and Sydney all on 32 points.

Given %, Geelong would remain in the 8, followed by Crows, then Swans.
View attachment 1737863
Yes, tired and excited over a great win, I made an error in a throwaway comment based on boundless optimistic for the Swans.

Anyway, the mistake had nothing to do with percentage. It was a much more egregious and misleading miscalculation (rolls eyes). I didn't account for the 2 points both we and the Cats were awarded for the draw. So I had us on 34 and Geelong on 30 instead of 32 apiece.

I realised just after I'd logged out but I didn't lose sleep over it. There are plenty of posters pumping the forum with greater examples of BS. I logged back in today and crikey, how the sharks have closed looking for a kill. I'm sorry to disppoint.

I'm reminded of a comedy where a guy won't get off his computer. His mum/wife/girlfriend is cross and "can't understand what's so bloody important that it can't wait". He shouts back impatiently "You don't understand. Someone's made a mistake on the Internet" I didn't realise it was a real thing. But I won't judge, "to each his own" and all that.

So OK, I own it. I made a mistake, an error, a f£ckup, a screw-up, a slip, a blunder, a blooper, a cockup. There's a classic scene in the comedy The thin blue line. Rowan atkinson's character tries to take all the blame for his uniformed officers' cockup. The dimwitted plains clothes detective won't have a bar of it. Atkinson's character insists "No, it was entirely my cockup". The detective replies "Your cockup my a@se". I wondered how long Ben Elton (the scriptwriter) had waited to work that line in.

Yes, it was entirely my cockup (and you say....<optional>). No really, mistakes happens. At least I didn't make an error during an exam (should I have shown my working?), in a job interview or while adding up my change. I didn't overpay for a coffee. I didn't give my kid 32c pocket money, instead of 34c. I mean, there's not much you can buy with 32c these days.

No, I made an honest spur of the moment miscalculation in a throwaway comment of no consquence whatsoever. I didn't even care enough that I made it to go back and edit it. I care more about spilling a drop of piss on the floor of the SCG toilets in the rush to get back to watch Hayward shank a shot on goal. The sharks lapped it up anyway, the mistake that is, not the piss on the SCG toilet floor. But methinks it's a pretty lean morsel. I'll try to give something a little meatier next time. Something to chew on. Perhaps an arm?

Go Swans

Say....you wanna buy a bridge?
I Do Love GIF by The Bachelor

It's definitely a joy taking international people to their first games.
I took a couple of pommy mates. We sat in the general area right next to opposition fans, drank beer and swapped jibes. My mates were convinced we'd end up in a fight. "Where do we sit" "Anywhere" "Where do the other club sit" "Anywhere" "What, near us?" "Next to us if they like. You want a beer?" "You can buy beer? Won't there be fights?" "No, because we put all the violence on the field" "Like the Romans used to do?" "Exactly like the Romans" "Are our team the Christians or the Lions?" "No, the neither team are the Lions. We're the Swans and....Oh, never mind. Drink your beer, cheer loudly and enjoy" They lhad no idea of the rules. I told them there were none (it was easier than explaining them). They loved every minute of the game.

There you go. Do people get thrown in the clink because they maybe did it? They have come to a decision based on a delayed concussion that may have come from this incident but could easily have come from any other contact throughout the game, or the player hitting his head in the aeroplane toilet during some unexpected turbulence, or during paid sex with a hooker and some blow. The club needs to challenge. I presume the tribunal works in the same way as the courts? Beyond reasonable doubt? I think not.
It often depends on their skin colour. Rampe IS red and white. It's pretty hard to say definitively that Rampe caused the concussion but this is the AFL. Going back to the footage of the Paddy McCartin incident, it seemed such an innocous touch of his head on the turf yet it could end his playing career. The player might have just wiped his brow. I don't recall ever bumping my head in an airplane toilet, or sex with a hooker§, but perhaps the bump affected my memory. For a while I used to fly Virgin Australia (Or to use the appropriate inflection suggesting surpirse) "Virgin? Australia?" Not likely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield number's weren't pretty

View attachment 1739982
Absolute shambles. But story of our year tbh, and even our last 5-6 years. Other than a 9 week stretch end of last year and a similar length run in 2017, we've never had anything more than an average midfield since 2016.

*I'm never wrong

Where do we buy the DVD?

Yes, tired and excited over a great win, I made an error in a throwaway comment based on boundless optimistic for the Swans.

Anyway, the mistake had nothing to do with percentage. It was a much more egregious and misleading miscalculation (rolls eyes). I didn't account for the 2 points both we and the Cats were awarded for the draw. So I had us on 34 and Geelong on 30 instead of 32 apiece.

I realised just after I'd logged out but I didn't lose sleep over it. There are plenty of posters pumping the forum with greater examples of BS. I logged back in today and crikey, how the sharks have closed looking for a kill. I'm sorry to disppoint.

I'm reminded of a comedy where a guy won't get off his computer. His mum/wife/girlfriend is cross and "can't understand what's so bloody important that it can't wait". He shouts back impatiently "You don't understand. Someone's made a mistake on the Internet" I didn't realise it was a real thing. But I won't judge, "to each his own" and all that.

So OK, I own it. I made a mistake, an error, a f£ckup, a screw-up, a slip, a blunder, a blooper, a cockup. There's a classic scene in the comedy The thin blue line. Rowan atkinson's character tries to take all the blame for his uniformed officers' cockup. The dimwitted plains clothes detective won't have a bar of it. Atkinson's character insists "No, it was entirely my cockup". The detective replies "Your cockup my a@se". I wondered how long Ben Elton (the scriptwriter) had waited to work that line in.

Yes, it was entirely my cockup (and you say....<optional>). No really, mistakes happens. At least I didn't make an error during an exam (should I have shown my working?), in a job interview or while adding up my change. I didn't overpay for a coffee. I didn't give my kid 32c pocket money, instead of 34c. I mean, there's not much you can buy with 32c these days.

No, I made an honest spur of the moment miscalculation in a throwaway comment of no consquence whatsoever. I didn't even care enough that I made it to go back and edit it. I care more about spilling a drop of piss on the floor of the SCG toilets in the rush to get back to watch Hayward shank a shot on goal. The sharks lapped it up anyway, the mistake that is, not the piss on the SCG toilet floor. But methinks it's a pretty lean morsel. I'll try to give something a little meatier next time. Something to chew on. Perhaps an arm?

Go Swans
Thank you, Mr Duck. I now ask for the summary from the prosecution.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back