Preview Changes and Preview Thread vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you have a captain who is not in your best 22? It's really quite bizarre. Has there been any talk of Jonas being asked to stand down as captain so someone else can lead the team into finals?
Why sink the slippers in?

If he is not in the side he cannot Captain the team.
Hence in the absence of injured captain Matthew Primus, Tredders was our Premiership Captain.

You would almost suspect a smashing would end our genuine flag chances.. with our only hope being geelong/melb/bris can knock collingwood out.
If we lose, we can still finish second; where the Lions play the Cats this weekend and the Pies in a couple of weeks.
And, we have a lucky charm; Evans has never played in a losing AFL team.

Maynard is the one who brings the footsteps. Wouldn't be surprised if some of your players won't sleep well tonight seeing the footage of him against Freo.
Oh man this sort of posting is fantastic.

Hey guys, random question, I have a mate purchasing GA tickets, Would a GA ticket still scan into Adelaide oval
If you enter through the southern gate?

I can't shut up about Hinkley coz I think he's a very good coach and he gets stick.
Please take the standard test for oppo supporters wanting to wax lyrical about Hinkley on our board prior to posting.

Would you like to swap coaches?

Yeah, thought not.

Maynard is the one who brings the footsteps. Wouldn't be surprised if some of your players won't sleep well tonight seeing the footage of him against Freo.
No one will lose any sleep on his footsteps but they’ll be looking out for his grubby little elbows and the fact that he’s still carrying the childhood anguish of being “the fat kid with the lisp” (his words).

I’m sure he and SPP will be just fine 😊 I’m really looking forward to seeing it.

I know they are playing but must be some concern re fitness for some of the ins (+Butters who is clearly carrying something)

Having said that - McKenzie at 30% fitness still edges out a fully fit Jonas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha best thing to come out of this thread outside of the relentless (justified) Jonas bashing

Edit: You guys are largely good sports over here too, so thanks for having me and making it into a meme :tearsofjoy:
I think both clubs have genuine respect for each other, regardless of the media beat up that often pits us against each other. Looking forward to a great game between two ripping teams! Best of luck!

Yeh I'm trolling but its mildly relevant.
Welcome back.

And yeh I get that hating Collingwood for the PB's is playing to the vaudeville villain hype that they thrive on and that sells tickets, as it did so successfully for us for a very long time in the small pond, but how good does that jumper look.

It puts me back on the hill at Alberton with my very old father and his late brother, watching Bruce Light, seeing John Cahill's last game in 1973, of standing on the surrounding southwark and passiona cans to see a little bit more over the heads of the 14,000 others at Alberton on a day we played Norwood, of what we wore the week we lost Anthony, basically everything that mattered to me in my fking childhood was tied to that jumper. It was our superpower, and for me it always will be.

I can't deal with it being locked in a museum, because that locks me in the museum also.
And should we ever join a reserves competition and be bullied into not using it, nah I don't even want to think about that.

You look good in that jumper mate.

Anyway, bring on the game.
I just hope the club has both the short game and the long game in mind this week, both at the selection table and on the field.

361893914_770902231704683_1042789049315961695_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha best thing to come out of this thread outside of the relentless (justified) Jonas bashing

Edit: You guys are largely good sports over here too, so thanks for having me and making it into a meme :tearsofjoy:
I think both clubs have genuine respect for each other, regardless of the media beat up that often pits us against each other. Looking forward to a great game between two ripping teams! Best of luck!
You must live in a different part of Adelaide to me :tonguewink:

And if you don’t, you’ll have lost to us twice, both home and away. Some narrative may form.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well not really because that's the present narrative, nobody seriously considers Port a premiership threat.

Yeah, maybe didn't thing that through before moving here :)

Haha down south might be a different story. I'm eastern suburbs so surrounded by a whole bunch of insufferable Crows supporters.

I generally find that port supporters are much more balanced and easier to talk about footy without making me want to vom from the entitlement.

Williams will be sub. Bet it's a management thing
If he is being managed then he definitely shouldn't be sub which is why Hinkley has just announced that he is being managed and will be the sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back