Preview Changes and Preview Brisbane vs Ports @ Gabba, qualifying final thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the port boys watched tonight’s game to see how not to play a final. Poor conversion was what cost Melbourne. Still sticking with a 6 goal loss due to Hinkley being in charge.
One of our worst stats is our set shot conversion.

I have precisely zero confidence that we won't s**t the bed again on that count, under finals pressure.

Its finals so pressure is pressure.

Everyone is under pressure. That's the great thing about finals.

And pressure is not as important as overall skill and endeavour.

I think we are a bit more better than Brisbane and have more matchwinners but we also have some guys who could go to puddles of water as well.
They have the home ground advantage.

With our elite midfield, I don't think we will be blown off the park like Bulldogs PF 2021.

I haven't seen a lot of Brisbane games this year. I only usually watch Power games but if they play tight and hard, accountable footy, we might be in for it. I think they play more clearance type of game so that falls into our hands nicely.

I am a touch worried about their forward line overall.

This is the time for Rozee, Butters, Horne-Francis and Houston to stand up and for the other younger guys like Duursma, Bergman, Jones, Drew, Powell-Pepper, Farrell to follow their lead.

I just had a look at the predictive team to play and it is a touch unsettled with Lycett and McKenzie coming in and Dixon not available.

Interested to see what Rioli and Powell-Pepper will do in the forward line and whether the Sex Panther will dominate a bit or a lot.

I wish Williams got a game as well.
Well you’ve got all your wishes there.

McKenzie off injury always solid. Lycett I’m backing in.

I’ll never forget the Bulldogs spread from clearance in that PF. A thing of beauty despite the thumping.

Their forwards can definitely get hold of us.

But I love the belief in our young group. I’m holding firm at this point. What other option is there?

Go Power!

I look forward to the melting on Saturday night when McEntee spuds it up.

Tonight's game proved that goals are at a premium in finals and we are not going to play Fantasia who apart from Rioli is the only crumber in our team. We can't expect Lord to take marks against Andrews. We need someone to be at the fall of the ball once it hits the ground and who can sneak a few goals with limited opportunities.
Yeah goals are worth even more in finals.

Implied pressure is there anyway because it's a final.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ll never forget the Bulldogs spread from clearance in that PF. A thing of beauty despite the thumping.

But I love the belief in our young group. I’m holding firm at this point. What other option is there?

Go Power!
Alcoholism? OxyContin?

Go Power!
Yeah, go power!

A three goal 9 possession game in a dead rubber against Richmond is as low bar as it gets.
If he had a three goal nine possession game every week he'd have finished third in the Coleman.

McEntee has literally never had a three goal game.

This season we’ve won the inside 50 count against Collingwood (+13), Geelong (+1) and Adelaide (+9) and lost. Collingwood and Adelaide were by far the most efficient teams for scoring per inside 50 in the competition, while if we had even three of the six players we were missing against Geelong we would have won.

Both Brisbane and Port are front half territory teams. If we win inside 50s it means we are starving them of opportunity to score.
Using your own image for you :)

Teams that win the inside 50s and can't convert don't go well when it matters. BigFooty.com-1235457349.jpg

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he had a three goal nine possession game every week he'd have finished third in the Coleman.

McEntee has literally never had a three goal game.

You gotta stop doing this to yourself man they are not dropping McEntee, you don't rate Evans you just want anyone over McEntee.

Where would Ollie Lord be in the Coleman if he kicked 2 every week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You gotta stop doing this to yourself man they are not dropping McEntee
I know they won't. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop calling it out. It's up there with the greatest gold passes in the history of football and it totally undermines any statement by the coaches that our players have to earn selection.

I refuse to believe that this doesn't have an effect on the morale of the rest of the team. There's no way that players like Evans or Narkle or Fantasia, or Evans or Narkle or Fantasia's mates at the club, don't look at Jed McEntee's continued selection and wonder why they should bother working on their form when the coaches just select their favourites regardless of form anyway.

I know they won't. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop calling it out. It's up there with the greatest gold passes in the history of football and it totally undermines any statement by the coaches that our players have to earn selection.

I refuse to believe that this doesn't have an effect on the morale of the rest of the team. There's no way that players like Evans or Narkle or Fantasia, or Evans or Narkle or Fantasia's mates at the club, don't look at Jed McEntee's continued selection and wonder why they should bother working on their form when the coaches just select their favourites regardless of form anyway.

Maybe they don’t walk Kens dogs…

Lol its such a weird thing too. That article about him not believing he is AFL tier and yet playing games.

Even the dude himself thinks its embarassing he keeps getting picked.

Be funny if McEntee does the role he did to Andrews like what he did to Tom Stewart earlier this year everyone will be licking his ball sweat again

Boak is a horrendous sub. Probably still one of our fittest even though hes getting on in age. Ginnivan came onto the ground tonight and provided young spark got some touches and match saving moments. Pickett almost turned the game in the middle quarters and as we know and which has been said 300 times finals arent for contested marking theyre for hard ball winning midfield contested slogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back