Preview Changes and Preview Thread vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny_Everett.jpg
A Kenny I actually like. Nice.

Must say, can you recall a battle between the two top sides like this that was lacking the anticipation like this.

Of course there is some, but the build up should be huge, instead it feels after last week it has dropped away completely. The Hinkley cloud of depression looms large over this club. Should be as big as the 2009 Saints v Geelong game. Where ironically the team that won this game lost the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must say, can you recall a battle between the two top sides like this that was lacking the anticipation like this.

Of course there is some, but the build up should be huge, instead it feels after last week it has dropped away completely. The Hinkley cloud of depression looms large over this club. Should be as big as the 2009 Saints v Geelong game. Where ironically the team that won this game lost the GF.

That’s an interesting comment.
I can assure you that there’s a lot of anticipation and excitement on the Collingwood side of the fence. But you lot seem strangely subdued, even sombre. You just won 13 in a row! Why so melancholic?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can assure you that there’s a lot of anticipation and excitement on the Collingwood side of the fence. But you lot seem strangely subdued, even sombre. You just won 13 in a row! Why so melancholic?

We've had great win/loss records so many times in the last 11 years only to blow it every time it matters; for a side that's been 11-4, 9-3, 14-2, etc we haven't actually won a knockout final since 2014. So people here are honestly going to be pretty cautious about the lid coming off until we're in a grand final.

There is also the great dread that I think most supporters feel that this season goes along the way off: We win more h&a games, Ken gets re-signed for another 2-3 years, once re-signed we fall off and either lose a prelim or go out in straight sets, Carr leaves, we go back to underperforming next year, and totally blow what should be yet another flag-capable list.

I'm pretty positive about the game myself - honestly as good as Collingwood has been this year, and as much as I think you guys should be flag favourites, I do believe that at peak Port's best is better than anyone... its just about sustaining it when it matters. I just hope that our administration holds firm to not making any decision on the coach until the finals series is complete.

I'll be at the match. I'm guessing that relic hanging up is some sort of ancient artefact to ward off intruders or evil spirits? Looks old and irrelevant ;)
Hey neighbour, as a sign of the friendliness between our two clubs, would you like to borrow this artifact and wear it to the game tonight?

Apparently it looks so much like a Collingwood jumper that everyone will know who you support, and it saves you buying one of those janky ones that are all stripes. And don't worry, plenty of others will be wearing something similar, you'll fit right in.

Enjoy the game.

Last edited:

Not sure if you mean the generated hype or the genuine hype.

The artificial hype machine would have been different if GA wasn't already sold out a week earlier.
Why spend money selling tickets that are already sold?

In terms of genuine hype, I have none.
To me we have looked like s**t for 4 weeks now and my gut tells me you don't turn these things around on a dime.

Ken looked like an angry dog backed into a corner in that presser, red eyes, snapping at everyone at every opportunity.
The neocortex had lost control.

We win the game then whatever happens after, we put a little hole in the Collingwood balloon and had some fun with it.
Collingwood are making up for 2018 this year, make no mistake.

We lose the game, well then it is the unlosable Showdown against a side that is playing its elim or has nothing to lose.
And then its Geelong in Geelong.

I expect nothing tonight, 11 years of KennelCough is 6 years too many.
Any senior coach that can't make it to an AFL grand final within 5 years is below par in my book.
We have bloody well doubled that.
Those of us that remember pre-1997 are not going to have our expectations "managed".
Stability, pfft, let the accountants look after that.

Last edited:

Not everyone is like that poster. I’m pumped for tonight. Although I do think us losing last week has dulled the build up a little bit.

I can't believe that Ken has taken the spirit of winning away from the players. If I thought that I just couldn't watch the game and offer any support at all.

They haven't said what he said they did. It's one thing to try and windmill your 3-incher around when someone initiates a dick measuring contest, it's another entirely to do so when no one asked for one in the first place. Daddy just figuratively sexually assaulted some Hot Pies.
Rubbish: Maynard said post-game last week his side was “sitting on top of the ladder for a reason and Port better bring their best game”.

The usual crew on this board is always ultra negative. The majority just try to ignore it as best they can.

Rubbish: Maynard said post-game last week his side was “sitting on top of the ladder for a reason and Port better bring their best game”.
The reason is because they have won the most games and capitalised against weak opposition. He also said Port "better bring their A-game". Imagine a team on the top of the ladder intimating another team might have to play well to beat them. This was one mouthy Glenelg-legacy fluff saying this.

This is not the same as Collingwood the club saying they are the best team in the competition. They probably think that but they haven't actually said anything to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back