Autopsy Round 19, 2023 : Hawks can’t get it done against Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah well it’ll make the wins in the future a lot sweeter I hope.

Was nice that we were able to find a way to kick a decent score against a side that expects to play finals this year, but the glaring obvious is our ability to stem the flow in games when we are scored against in waves. Routinely conceding 6-8 goals without a whimper.

Credit to the tigs tho, they actually decided to run in the last qtr and exposed our weaknesses

A big thank you to Luke Breust for literally costing me $1400! Please this is not Gaelic football or a round ball. Go back to kicking a drop punt from 30 metres out in front and not lazy, arrogant rubbish; as defies belief. I said to a mate at the time I hope that doesnt comeback to haunt us and yep it did not to mention a couple of pathetic non chases in the dying minutes makes my blood boil. Not the sort of efforts you want from a so called leader. The mid-field building nicely so I think we really need a another big key forward to help Mitch and can take a mark or bring it to ground; another tall back would be nice too..
And how much as Punky won you in the past?

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

A big thank you to Luke Breust for literally costing me $1400!
Bruest makes one mistake and it is his fault we lost. If he kicked it, the rest of the game wouldn't have been the same and there is a good chance Richmond would have won anyway.. If we had of won, you could have thanked Reiwoldt for no longer being able to kick.

That loss hurt more than the schlackings we have copped. The camera honed in on Weddle's face after the siren and the look of disappointment was stark. We peetered out in the last, but they did not stop trying - they werre dragging their tired bodies around and stemming the tide somewhat.. the results in the last quarter could have been a lot worse.

There will need to be some personnel changes, especially more tall timber up front and down back, to get is to silverware contention, but as disppointed as I was after the loss (we are working online this morning, and I stopped proceedings to watch the last quarter play out - and my family were woken to some rather colourful language), after the dust has settled, there are a lot of positives and learnings, which the young guns will take to future games.

Was at the game. A lot to like. Richmond wasted a lot of their chances. The result doesn't matter a great deal as the group will take a lot from that about how to close games out.

Lewis desperately needs a partner and we must keep Brockman.

Just my two cents. Go hawks

Last quarter - blah.
But very impressed up to that point.
We showed some good character today - especially when Tigers got out to lead on us and (I think) we kicked 6? unanswered goals.
Sis & Duke were great. Finn did a great job on Rioli and Chad showed he's still got some tricks in his bag.
Get ourselves a KPF and we'll be something to see.
Very disappointed by loss but I cannot ignore we showed we are going to be a very good footy side

Bruest makes one mistake and it is his fault we lost. If he kicked it, the rest of the game wouldn't have been the same and there is a good chance Richmond would have won anyway.. If we had of won, you could have thanked Reiwoldt for no longer being able to kick.

That loss hurt more than the schlackings we have copped. The camera honed in on Weddle's face after the siren and the look of disappointment was stark. We peetered out in the last, but they did not stop trying - they werre dragging their tired bodies around and stemming the tide somewhat.. the results in the last quarter could have been a lot worse.

There will need to be some personnel changes, especially more tall timber up front and down back, to get is to silverware contention, but as disppointed as I was after the loss (we are working online this morning, and I stopped proceedings to watch the last quarter play out - and my family were woken to some rather colourful language), after the dust has settled, there are a lot of positives and learnings, which the young guns will take to future games.

Gotta say James Sicily, what an absolute star.

Not doubt he will not get an AA selection in 2023 (yet again) but he is by far and away the best backman in the leauge by the length of the Flemington Straight.

Been awesome as captain this year, hats off to him.

Great half of footy by our guys - some very good steps forward taken.

Lost it in the 3rd when DGB was subbed and despite dominating we kicked to the 50 line to a 2 v 1 or a 1 v 1 verses a small no less than ten times for absolutely zero score. Tigers backs picked every single kick off easily.

We should’ve kicked another 3 goals at least that qtr but didn’t and totally ran out of legs in the last.

Total fail by Sammy unfortunately subbing DGB and not having another tall up forward to make a contest. Yes , I know DGB didn’t get a stat but he made a contest up forward which benefited us.

Ah well, it was entertaining footy by the boys early in our development. Expect we won’t lose many like that next season.

It's a positive at least that in that last quarter when Tigers got to within 2 goals, we at least gave ourselves some chances to get momentum back and got game onto our terms for a bit. I reckon start of the year, Tigers would have ended up winning this one by 2-3 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wingard did some sensational things too, but I think he’s cooked. Cannot take a clean first touch, just fumbles but for once the fumbles turned into goals.

Anyone else rewatch Baker's goal?

Sadly Day needed to mark there. No Tiger flew.

He couldn't of spoilt it to a worse spot really.

Tough game to review for Day, Tarranto ran past him and easily worked off him for two goals also.

Checked the score 3/4 time 5 goal up.
checked it last qtr 1 point down , the final score.
How many admirable losses do you want in a season gws twice, crows and now Richmond. Stop saying admirable loss , I live in Adelaide that what the crows board keep saying. What have they done since 98 - fa - that was adirable

Wingard did some sensational things too, but I think he’s cooked. Cannot take a clean first touch, just fumbles but for once the fumbles turned into goals.
He’s the highest paid player at the club in 2023. Was good today though, at least for three quarters

I’ll get shot down but I have serious reservations in Moore being apart of our next contending team. Battler, been great for a couple of years but I reckon we have seen his ceiling. Hope I’m wrong

Yeah I have the same reservations he just goes missing for to long and you wonder if he is actually on the field ??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He
I’ll get shot down but I have serious reservations in Moore being apart of our next contending team. Battler, been great for a couple of years but I reckon we have seen his ceiling. Hope I’m wrong
He is one of our most tightly marked players and struggles to get free. Quality player and just keeps going every time no matter what. The coaches need to find a way to get space for him and utilise him.

We were excellent for three quarters but unfortunately were enable to hold them when the Tigers applied pressure and got a run on.
Disappointing but we still have a fair way to go on our journey to finals footy.
At our best we are capable of playing really exciting footy but still need players and experience to maintain it over four quarters.

tantrum will farrell GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back