Bumped We don't play footy to lose - autopsy vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm buzzing about breaking the streak. Been far too much pain this year. Nick Larkey a shoe in for All Australian.

Not upset in the slightest. Good s**t.
We win any one of the close ones earlier in the year we’re never talking about losing this.
3 spoons in a row is s**t.
Jesus himself could be the number 1 pick this year and I still wouldn’t want another spoon

Hearts to hearts and hands to hands,
Beneath the blue and white we stand,
We shout, God bless our native land,
North Melbourne, North Melbourne.

Out we come, out we come, out we come to play,
Just for recreation’s sake, to pass the time away,
Lots of fun, heaps of fun, enjoy yourself today,
North Melbourne boys/girls are hard to beat when they come out to play.

So join in the chorus, and sing it one and all,
Join in the chorus, North Melbourne's on the ball,
Good old North Melbourne, they're champions you'll agree,
North Melbourne is the team that plays to win for you and me.

If this was round 10, every single one of you campaigners would be elated with this win even though it would mean that winning the spoon would be almost impossible.

The boys get to run out now in round 1 next year without 21 losses in a row hanging over their heads.

Finish the season on a high going into a big preseason is exactly what these guys need!

Last edited:
I look at this way we had pick 1 got JHF he left , then we were so spooked we gave the next away and got Sheezel and Wardlaw. We will still get a good player or two in the draft. Still think Eagles might get Curtain at 1 anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won but lost.

This club is difficult to follow.

GC were an absolute embarrassment. Anyone watching that game could see they weren't bothered.

Huge congrats to Scott larkey sheezel on excellent years.

Look fwd to the numerous delistings.

heck off. We’ve won about 11 games in the last 80 and you want to lose another.

How many top 10 picks have we had in the last 5 years? Where are we?

Harley Reid can enjoy WCE. We NEED to win. We need to make winning a habit.

Anyone else who thinks otherwise can heck off.

I am SICK of losing. And I hope today shows the club is too. Because for too long they’ve just accepted it. Coaches, staff, players.

Celebrating mediocrity. Im over that s**t
WTF are you on about. We've been complete s**t for 4 years from losing. You know what we did today. The opposite. And that's worth celebrating. Enjoy being a miserable campaigner.

Im literally not mate. Im a “if you’re not good enough, get the best kid in the draft”

Why does every *in club do it? But when its our turn, we want to parade around as “shinboners” in the last game? Come on mate, we have absolutely nothing to celebrate

Which “every ******* club” ?? The West Coast Eagles who won away from home last week against a finals contender?? The Hawks who have won games against good opposition multiple times this year? heck off

Congrats friends

If nothing else, this win proves the Shinboner spirit is alive and well.

Larkey is a superstar and Sheezel is going to be one very soon.

I honestly reckon this is the last season you finish bottom 4 for a long time.

You guys have a real good foundation to build on, unlike Essingtin (* em) :)

Happy for The Filth Wizard hotchilli and Dingster

Definitely renewing my NMFC membership next season and beyond (although only game I will attend is likely good friday)

Just want to do my bit to help North get up and about!

Oh * Essendon again for good measure:)

I have a feeling that west coast will go for Curtin with pick 1 if they lose tonight. Seems another Cadman moment.

I can‘t believe some of you lot are disappointed or even ambivalent about a win.

What the * do you watch this sport for if not wins? Good draft picks every year? You’ve had that for 4-5 years, maybe I’m just not some nerd who loves to toil over draft points, rules, percentages and who’s liking who’s instagrams but sounds like a crock of boring ass s**t.

Winning feels better, and this team needed it.

Half these fans just want a high draft pick so when it comes to year 6 of them still being s**t they can talk about the good handball they did halfway through the 10 goal loss.

Repeat ad nauseum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back