• Brodie Smith

• James Borlase

• Patrick Parnell

• Reilly O'Brien

• Lachlan Gollant

• Mark Keane

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it's worth, I think Tex's season was astounding. IMO Curnow is playing at a top 5 player in the entire AFL talent wise for 2 years now. And with 4 quarters to go in 2023 he trails Tex in goalkicking, while playing an extra game and with a +20 free kick ratio.

This season was disappointing in how it ended, but im happy we got to see Tex play a full season at a truly Elite level.

Disagree: Tex showed lack of judgement all by himself, attempting many ridiculous shots in that period.

I don't know how you can watch that first half back and not see the total blinkers everyone had on for Tex (except Rachele and Murphy). Players were hesitating because they were looking for Tex. Stark contrast to second half when players were taking the first options and then Tex became an option naturally through better ball movement.

Yes he missed chances and was selfish all night (as was his right tonight) but there was a clear difference in how everyone else on the field did things in the second half.

Usually we would say a first half like that was a result of bad decision making, but it seemed a lot like no decision making.

Good:

2nd half, Tex’s 2nd half, Milera excellent, Soligo in last 3 quarters, Rachele kicking set shots.

Bad:

Inaccuracy. Should have been a 12-15 goal win.

Ugly:

1st half was totally unwatchable. 52% efficiency by foot. That’s Div. 8 Ammos standard.

Laird or Crouch

Pick one. Who are you taking?
avp-alien-vs-predator-british-movie-poster.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS over summer we need to practice goal kicking in match like conditions.
Good technique as important as natural skill.
Some of our players need to work hard this summer learning a reliable set shot technique.
Keays, Murphy, Rankine, Pedlar all look to have undisciplined and lackadaisical method with set shots. Rach has had the yips lately but has a better technique.

Execution of a uncontested skill (golf, tennis serve, gymnastic routine, AFL set shots for examples) can be fine tuned to become a reliable and repeatable skill.

I'm hoping this is a strong off season focus.

Plenty of positives from that game. Young players finished well. West Coast obviously no good but they played fairly decent.

Good:

Tex deserves a Coleman. Outstanding year. Finally an AA.

Soligo. His best game for the club imo. I watched last week's replay this morning and I was a bit harsh on him watching in the stands. This week he showed what I was hoping for from round 1. Ultra classy player.

Crouch probably playing his best since 2017 (if not better). Real surprise of 2023.

Milera and Hinge excellent.

Smith transformed on the wing. Played some of his best footy in a while the last few weeks imo.

Rachele finished strong as did Pedlar. Big pre seasons for these guys hopefully.

Didn't get a lot of it, but I really rate Parnell as a footballer. Looked much stronger tonight as well. I hope he makes it as he's got class. I wonder if he could be trialled as a small forward given we've got so many small - medium defenders?

Thought our KPDs did well for their experience level. Allen is close to the best key forward in the game.

Score review. Didn't put a foot wrong all night.

Bad:

Goal kicking

The only consolation is Tex but even that fills me with dread because he's ancient and we're still so reliant on him.
Massively improved performances over previous years does nothing for you?

So bizarre to me that someone could have watched Adelaide this year and see only negatives except for Walker's form. 11 wins up from 8 (8 wins against non-bottom two sides up from 4), percentage is 30% higher, highest scoring team in the AFL, won both showdowns, plenty of close games against top sides.

It's fair to be disappointed at missing finals and other issues but Jesus that's a negative outlook if none of those things register for you at all.

Come Here Dr Evil GIF

Thank you!

Good luck for next season, with a bit more refinement and luck I hope that you guys make finals and really give things a a good shake.
See you in late September in a few years hopefully. You're in for a bumpy time but you'll be back soon enough.

P.s what's your asking price for pick #1?

Back