Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have a miss with Clarke.
Bro you ok? Kids 19 and had a pretty good second half of the season. Playing the hardest position on the ground. He will build his fitness and strength and be a mid fwd. Watched him last yr a few times with sheezel and Ashcroft and he went very well. Been to a few vfl games this year and although he had a slow start to the year finishing strong.
Not many small fwds excell early. I’ll give you pocket and Cyril as a couple but some of the best like stengle and close baker not even drafted at 18. Let’s show some patience.
Also for yourself try show some positivity I see your post very negative hope you’re ok young fella.

On todays game I thought poulter west were very good and their afl experience last few weeks showed. However I want to point out Crozier thought he was exceptional, I really hope we hold on to him. Only 29 and has had an interrupted season. Big off season for him and he could be like a new recruit.

On todays game I thought poulter west were very good and their afl experience last few weeks showed. However I want to point out Crozier thought he was exceptional, I really hope we hold on to him. Only 29 and has had an interrupted season. Big off season for him and he could be like a new recruit.
West is more skillful then some here think he is, is a very very good young player.

Last 6 weeks been exceptional after no pre season. Shown some great traits what I have seen. Second for score assist and high in score involvements. Hardest position on the ground with no pre season. Hopefully has a massive pre season stays healthy and he will be playing AFL early next year. I know our captain and Libba are big fans
Liked his match last year on the Vic Metro Vs Vic Country did a few nice things. Hopefully he can replicate that kind of form at AFL level next year

Not saying Clarke is gonna make it or not, but think it’s unfair to shoot down any criticism of a young player with “Dale Morris wasn’t on a list till he was 22”. Basically means every young player we draft is immune to criticism.

I remember voicing concerns about a young Laith and getting that same response.

I think we’d be crazy to not look into Dougal Howard. 28 years old for round one next year. Immediately takes up a key position with Jones.

I think we’d be crazy to not look into Dougal Howard. 28 years old for round one next year. Immediately takes up a key position with Jones.

Would his output really be any better than Buss at this point? Particularly if it’s only Cordy that has replaced.

Dale - Howard -
Richards - Jones - JJ

That last spot could be changed depending on match ups. That defence looks a hell of a lot better than anything we’ve rolled out since 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying Clarke is gonna make it or not, but think it’s unfair to shoot down any criticism of a young player with “Dale Morris wasn’t on a list till he was 22”. Basically means every young player we draft is immune to criticism.

I remember voicing concerns about a young Laith and getting that same response.
Way to miss the point - Clarke has shown some really good signs during his VFL games, something quiote a few people have talked about.

VDM is ahead of the average number of games a draftee plays so not sure that's a strong argument either.

I like Howard as a cheap option too but he’s very much a defend only type. If people are frustrated with Gardy, I don’t know how you’re going to go with Dougs.
If he was cheap then yes, but at Lobb's salary and add the likely pick(s) cost I'm happy to just hit the draft.
He's been overtaken by Zaine Cordy this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back