Preview 2023 Semi Final - Carlton vs Melbourne Friday 15th September 7.50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Kennedy
OUT: Jack Martin (suspension), Harry McKay (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsMatthew Cottrell
Half-forwards:Sam DochertyTom De KoningMatthew Owies
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:David CuninghamGeorge HewettMatthew Kennedy
Caleb Marchbank
Emergencies:Paddy DowSam DurdinZac Fisher
Ollie Hollands

McGovern though has the more forward experience and craft and Kemp I feel would be more settled down back. Definitely think Kennedy comes in.

I have heard from multiple sources multiple times that Mitch playing forward is only ever going to be a break glass move and we wouldn't select them to play up there. Playing behind the ball is much better for his health than having to make cutting and leads and change angles repeatedly.

The move back was huge in getting him to this point health wise.

Given that JVR is out, we could easily play Kemp forward. I really wouldn't mind Kennedy coming in as that marking medium sized Forward to replace Martin but only if he can get through the game entirely

Good calls.

Depending what the Demons do

Brown, McDonald, Smith, Fritsch

V

Weitering, Kemp, Marchbank, Gov

Kennedy as a mid size FF to keep May honest

Given that JVR is out, we could easily play Kemp forward. I really wouldn't mind Kennedy coming in as that marking medium sized Forward to replace Martin but only if he can get through the game entirely

Good calls.
Still Weiters, McGovern & Marchbank to cover.

Kennedy the replacement but hoping Martin escapes a holiday.

Still Weiters, McGovern & Marchbank to cover.

Kennedy the replacement but hoping Martin escapes a holiday.

Not going to happen. My hope is that he gets one but he could get two depending on how they see it.

A lot up in the air (Martin, SOS, Acres etc)

Did Kennedy play forward in the match sim? If not, I don’t think they’ll bring him in as a marking forward (just saw some match sim and he was playing mids)

Dees also missing so many talls, I think they’ll go relatively small (No JVR, probably no Brown, not sure they want Grundy in the team)

SOS being fit would solve a lot of problems. Motlop in for Martin even though a poor quarter when he came on. Hollands standby for Acres. Dow back to sub, early thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newman - Weitering - Kemp
McGov - Marchbank - Saad
Docherty - Cripps - Acres
Cunners - TDK - Fogarty
Owies - Charlie - Motlop
Pitto - Cerra - Walsh

Cincotta - Hewett - Cotters - JSOS/Kennedy

Sub: Hollands

With 2 forced changes (and possibly 3 with Acres), this is how we’ll line up imo.

A lot up in the air (Martin, SOS, Acres etc)

Did Kennedy play forward in the match sim? If not, I don’t think they’ll bring him in as a marking forward (just saw some match sim and he was playing mids)

Dees also missing so many talls, I think they’ll go relatively small (No JVR, probably no Brown, not sure they want Grundy in the team)

SOS being fit would solve a lot of problems. Motlop in for Martin even though a poor quarter when he came on. Hollands standby for Acres. Dow back to sub, early thoughts.

We might be missing McKay, Martin & JSOS...although still a slim chance the last 2 are available. Williams the other best 22.

They will be missing Petty, Melksham, Van Rooyen and Brayshaw.

The outs are relatively even.

Brayshaw out is pretty huge as Melbourne's midfield depth isn't that great and it may prevent them from playing Petracca forward too much to fill their tall forward void.

We might be missing McKay, Martin & JSOS...although still a slim chance the last 2 are available. Williams the other best 22.

Brayshaw out is pretty huge as Melbourne's midfield depth isn't that great and it may prevent them from playing Petracca forward too much to fill their tall forward void.
We got 'em without McKay/Cerra/Walsh/McGovern/JSOS last time, so this time around I think their outs are more significant compared to ours. Isn't JSOS good to go anyway?

Brayshaw a big loss. I’m next to certain they’ll bring in Jordon who was in good form and playing some midfield minutes before Oliver’s return.

He has broken ribs, we can’t carry him in the midfield next week against Oliver and Petracca.
If he had broken ribs, he wouldn't even be playing. He's got bruised rib cartilage, this time he doesn't look as affected as we was vs GC but they'll gradually get better as it takes several weeks to fully heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back