Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsEd Curnow
Half-forwards:Sam WalshHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettAdam Cerra
Interchange:Alex CincottaOllie HollandsJosh Honey
Brodie Kemp
Emergencies:Lachie CowanZac FisherLachie Fogarty
Matthew Kennedy

Ill be most excited if we can pull off a win, of any margin tonight. There are two ways to look at last weeks most enjoyable but must be put into context win.

1) The win provided the team a massive confidence boost that the gameplan works with overlap running, lowering eyes hitting targets and finding team mates in space to compose themselves and execute accurate kicks and handballs by choosing the right option.
2) We played four quarters and buried a team rather than take our foot off the gas and slide back to a 7 goal win, hopefully that has changed the mindset of the playing group.
2) It was against a deplorable opposition and they run out with a mind set that that underestimates the Lions.

I cant see 2 happening, not under Voss. He must have drilled into them that Brissie is an altogether different beast and we must be ruthless at clearances and calm under pressure to choose the right target and accurately deliver the ball. The first 10 mis will show if we are switched on. We cant affor them to get out to a 3-4 goal lead in the first half as I fear that will deflate them and the dreadful performances from Adelaide and St Kilda will creep back in.

Not confident but more confident that I was before the Crows game.

Gonna need Mckay to have sorted his goal kicking tonight.

A few more diabolical set shots from the left hand side vs WCE that didn't matter in a 100 point win, but if he had converted better we may have gained momentum vs Saints.

It's really concerning to see just how bad he's become from that side of the ground...all at sea. I'd bet his accuracy percentage from that side is around 7% this year...can only remember the check side goal after he dropped the ball.

We can't afford to waste good opportunities against Brisbane.

I want the best of both worlds. The best key defenders in the comp both lockdown on key forwards and intercept. Look at Taylor, Andrews, May, Moore. Weitering should be able to do that as well. He just needs to play more aggressively.
I think he did when he had Jones next to him. Not sure he fully trusts Young yet.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Discussing a player who was dropped for the game and what we'd like to see from him to get back into the side seems as good a topic as "I've got an idea, let's stop the ball from going into the opposition forward line too much".

"What we would like to see" is a far cry from most of the content. But Fisher isn't playing, so perhaps what we would like to see from the players named?
The list is getting smaller though - probably only got honey Jsos left maybe young -- if we lose $100 says we would have won with cunners and Dow ..

Your names are different to others
We have Fish’s game in the 2s to dissect- no need to name anyone else, chances are we can roll with him again

You have already put a line through his performance while suggesting others will play well to keep him out. Thats some crystal ball
Isn't a whipping boy, 'one who gets the blame for the incompetence of others'.
If Fish or LOB or Dow are criticised, then I think it's entirely upon their own performances

Don't kid yourself, Fisher is well and truly a whipping boy this year
It is Honey
and Durdin is being prepped for a flogging
Ed Curnow has come up in welts
There will be plenty more names, whoever has a down game will be nominated as an out, and a VFL standard player will be the next coming of the dominator

Gonna need Mckay to have sorted his goal kicking tonight.

A few more diabolical set shots from the left hand side vs WCE that didn't matter in a 100 point win, but if he had converted better we may have gained momentum vs Saints.

It's really concerning to see just how bad he's become from that side of the ground...all at sea. I'd bet his accuracy percentage from that side is around 7% this year...can only remember the check side goal after he dropped the ball.

We can't afford to waste good opportunities against Brisbane.
And there it is …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron will destroy Cinc.

Newmans the man for Cameron.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You are underselling Cincotta, he is not a kid and has plenty of both experience and smarts. I have no idea of the match ups planned, but have no doubt Cinc would acquit himself well. He is a rookie, but is not a rookie.

I think Saad needs to go Cameron.

You could argue Newman as he has been playing the small lockdown role this year but the lions whole forward line is full of dangerous mediums / smalls so you need to match up everyone in which case it becomes more about who's attributes suit who.

Saad - Cameron
Newman - Bailey
Cincotta - Rayner
McGovern - McCarthy

I don't think it will impact Saads rebound. He tends to create play off his man rather then run around free anyway.

Last week was must win to get the 4 points rolling again.

Tonight goes some way of answering the question of whether we're fair dinkum.

Lions without Rich and Zorko are much like us against St Kilda. The potential is still there for them to be dangerous but we really should be winning this one.

Carna Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back