Preview 2023 Semi Final - Carlton vs Melbourne Friday 15th September 7.50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Kennedy
OUT: Jack Martin (suspension), Harry McKay (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsMatthew Cottrell
Half-forwards:Sam DochertyTom De KoningMatthew Owies
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:David CuninghamGeorge HewettMatthew Kennedy
Caleb Marchbank
Emergencies:Paddy DowSam DurdinZac Fisher
Ollie Hollands

Chicken burger, chips and several of whatever IPAs are in the fridge.

actually, better check they are in the fridge.
Appalling lack of preparation.....

Oysters and Clare Valley Riesling for the PF. Have you hosed out the exercise yard yet?
season 3 water GIF by Portlandia

Forecast Says 19C atm in Melbourne. That’s awesome conditions for spectators at the ground.
This crowd is gonna be epic. Like a mosh pit. I've already fainted twice and didn't fall over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be shocked if he got a game even if Marchy misses.

Melbourne have a small forward line and Durdin hasn't played AFL in over a year...and has played what, 1 or 2 games of AFL with us? Not sure why we'd throw him into a semi final.
He may play a blinder.

Schache sub

According to Greg Stafford (fwd line coach)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to go into pessimistic Sinjin mode but reckon we might drop this one. Melbourne will be hell bent on not going out in straight sets 2 years running, they have enormous pressure on them to win this and they are a class above Sydney.

I have just loved our journey this year, the mental fortitude to come back, win 9 straight including some serious scalps on the way and winning a final has been tremendous, I just wonder if mentally it might get too exhausting. For me we have achieved more than I thought we would this year and are primed for a serious assault next year as we have gone through pain and s**t time only to stay strong and pull it altogether. They players are human though and mentally they have shown such resilience to get where we are, there will be a time when it can no longer sustain, it is so hard to drive that week in week out.

Nervous of Pickett getting off the leash, Fritch to nail every shot he gets and Petracca to have a blinder along with May and Lever quelling King Charles.

Will need Cripps, Walsh and Cerra to absolutely fire and spread the goals amongst our midfield. Newman, Cottrell, Blacres Kemp, McG to keep what they are doing and Owies and Motts to bag two each.

Regardless, so proud of the team to respond after all the intense heat and scrutiny on the club when we were 4-9-1.

However I see tonight as a free hit, go out and be daring and intense, play with nothing to lose, keep taking the daring option and back up if it doesn't come off. We do that then maybe we surprise them.
Next week is a free hit. Tonite we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back