Preview 2023 Semi Final - Carlton vs Melbourne Friday 15th September 7.50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Kennedy
OUT: Jack Martin (suspension), Harry McKay (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsMatthew Cottrell
Half-forwards:Sam DochertyTom De KoningMatthew Owies
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:David CuninghamGeorge HewettMatthew Kennedy
Caleb Marchbank
Emergencies:Paddy DowSam DurdinZac Fisher
Ollie Hollands

catching the bus out front at 5 - train from elsternwick into town - sumptuous banquet from the food stands at flinders street concourse (coffee, pie, pastie, salmonella side) - wander along the river to the g - soak up the atmos for a while - get in with an hour to spare - meet hbf & meb - pay them for tickets - insert earplugs - turn on transistor radio - watch s**t happen - go home.......
* watch us win. Go home.

Nerves are kicking in now, heading off to a watch party. Good luck to everyone, especially to those at the game and see you on the other side of the siren

Go Blues
Any bargains, pick me up a Patek Philippe, please.

Hate to go into pessimistic Sinjin mode but reckon we might drop this one. Melbourne will be hell bent on not going out in straight sets 2 years running, they have enormous pressure on them to win this and they are a class above Sydney.

I have just loved our journey this year, the mental fortitude to come back, win 9 straight including some serious scalps on the way and winning a final has been tremendous, I just wonder if mentally it might get too exhausting. For me we have achieved more than I thought we would this year and are primed for a serious assault next year as we have gone through pain and s**t time only to stay strong and pull it altogether. They players are human though and mentally they have shown such resilience to get where we are, there will be a time when it can no longer sustain, it is so hard to drive that week in week out.

Nervous of Pickett getting off the leash, Fritch to nail every shot he gets and Petracca to have a blinder along with May and Lever quelling King Charles.

Will need Cripps, Walsh and Cerra to absolutely fire and spread the goals amongst our midfield. Newman, Cottrell, Blacres Kemp, McG to keep what they are doing and Owies and Motts to bag two each.

Regardless, so proud of the team to respond after all the intense heat and scrutiny on the club when we were 4-9-1.

However I see tonight as a free hit, go out and be daring and intense, play with nothing to lose, keep taking the daring option and back up if it doesn't come off. We do that then maybe we surprise them.

Tonight isn’t a free hit there is always pressure on in a final. I mean we assume we will get more opportunities but we can’t predict the future. In 2011 we thought we would get more chances and it was the beginning, when it was as good as we got.

The time is now.

I just realised this is the first semi final I will be attending tonight since 2001 (a horrible week when 9/11 happened)

22 years, a lifetime or generation, esp with all the pain, losses and suffering that were to come

Determined to enjoy myself, win or lose tonight.

Not taking anything for granted, if we lose, we lose, Dees are a battle hardened team with many premiership players.

From our lowest ebb during our 6 game losing streak in the season and previous bitterly disappointing seasons, to where we are now, I am proud and grateful of the players, coaches, Vossy and everyone else associated with our great club.

We have re-emerged as a club and force to be respected in the AFL community.

This is the year and season Carlton finally got our identity and soul back.

Let's just sit back and enjoy the ride tonight.

Yep last time I saw Carlton in a semi as well as both our ones since have been interstate.

That game still had the spectre of 9/11 hanging over everything and the game itself was an ugly slog where Richmond stifled us and then Kouta went down in the 3rd. It ended up being the end of us being a power and the dark era followed.

Will be sitting at home with my 25 year old, and 5 year old daughters watching the game tonight..
Pulled pork baguettes - tick
Nibbles and snacks - tick
Phone on silent - tick
Mordadella sangas for half time - tick
A couple of beers for me, and some Bilsons Vodka and Lolly water for my eldest - tick
Apple juice for my little one- tick
Bottle of DeBortoli 'Old Boys' 21 year old Port for a nip after the game - tick

Go you fricken BAGGERRRRSS!!

Tonight isn’t a free hit there is always pressure on in a final. I mean we assume we will get more opportunities but we can’t predict the future. In 2011 we thought we would get more chances and it was the beginning, when it was as good as we got.

The time is now.

Yeah good call, just think there is more pressure on Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's more PSOs at Elsternwick Bus & Train stops than our flags. What's the collective term for a gathering of PSOs I wonder?
An 'oink' of PSO's? A 'stye' of PSO's?

Good luck to all who are there tonight, back is still shite, it's the GF or bust for the Dirty's

Yep last time I saw Carlton in a semi as well as both our ones since have been interstate.

That game still had the spectre of 9/11 hanging over everything and the game itself was an ugly slog where Richmond stifled us and then Kouta went down in the 3rd. It ended up being the end of us being a power and the dark era followed.
SOS's last game too, last final I attended live

Pies in the Oven, chips in the Air Fryer, Dogs about to go into water, a ten pack (now 7!!) of Haig & Cola in the fridge, scarves tied to the veranda post's. All set......

That was a shocker.
My favourite semi memory was 1987 at Waverley we did the Hawks over. Sticks was immense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back