Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v North Friday 29th March 4.20PM @ Marvel - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Elijah Hollands, Caleb Marchbank, Jacob Weitering
OUT: David Cuningham (calf), Brodie Kemp, Lewis Young
NEW: Elijah Hollands

Round 3 team v North Melbourne
Backs:Caleb MarchbankJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLewis Young

Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
Last year this was the end if not close to our starting successful run in season 2023. Watching this game, we felt that it was a matter of time before we fall back into our losing ways. Carlton taking over from poor performing and drawing clubs in the Easter Good Friday game. Carlton coming out on top by 23 points after posting 7 consecutive goals during the third quarter and early fourth before north bringing the game back to a fairer and more respectable scoreline.

Charlie and Harry kicked 10 goals 3 between them last time while Cripps had his usual 30 disposals, 5 tackles, 8 score involvements and 9 clearances. These three players accounted for all the votes on the day. (Curnow-3, Cripps-2, and Harry-1). On the other team we allowed Sheezel free reign off half back picking up 37 touches at 81% efficiency, while LDU, Simpkin and Ziebell also were around the 30-disposal range. Zurhaar was prominent with 3.4 however extremely inaccurate.

1710812963130.png

Historical records of the two teams

Total: Carlton 33 - 32 North Melbourne
Last 5: Carlton 3 - 2 North Melbourne
Highest Score: Carlton 199 - 193 North Melbourne
Lowest Score: Carlton 30 - 40 North Melbourne
Biggest Win: Carlton 137 - 124 North Melbourne

Bigs Go Big

Who will get the better of the opponents' defenders. We have Harry and Charlie who last kicked 10 between them v Zurhaar and Larkey (3.5 last time). Plus, you add the dangerous Duursma who kicked 2.1 on the quality defence of GWS last week. Charlie and Harry will be coming up against a very undersized backline this time as they've lost Mckay (who hasn't played in one yet). I think Harry played on Corr and Logue last time around both giving up 5-6 cm. This time neither of them are available. They only have access to Coleman-Jones, Nyuon and Pink all who lack the skill and experience to get after either of our tall boys. I think after watching GWS score easily on high long entries we are set for a very big score between our big lads.

Midfield Youth

We've been through it over the last 10 years now North are doing the same thing. Running inexperienced kids through the midfield in the hope to accelerate their development; we all know how that worked out for us. McKercher, Wardlaw, Stephens, Lazzaro, Phillips are all in the infancy of their careers. They all get alot of the ball at times and dispose of it very well but can be easily moved off the ball in flight which was very noticeable v GWS last weekend. I think if we get Walsh back in and we see a better performance from Cerra (Very quiet last week) our bigger bodies should be able to move the ball quick and efficiently through norths midfield. TDK v Xerri will be a perfect matchup to see where he sits. Very similar builds and players.

Likely Changes:
Note with North Melbourne having another game this week this may change

Carlton

OUT: Cotterell, Kennedy, Young
IN: EHollands, Walsh, Weitering

North Melbourne

OUT: Goater, Corr
IN: Shiels, Nyuon

Prediction:

Blues by 44

Last edited:
Open Door Seinfeld GIF by HULU

Thanks Redman. Blues by 6 goals!

Weitering?
Walsh?
Motlop?
E.Hollands?
Martin?
Marchbank?

Cincotta Wilson Cowan S.Durdin Binns Pittonet have been good in match sims/VFL matches

Selection will be interesting.
Does the VFL team have a game this weekend (i.e. during the senior team's bye)?

I’d like to make Clarkson grovel.

I’d like us to be 12 goals up in the final quarter and then put 12 players on Nick Larkey.

I’d like someone to go the North Melbourne coaches box and punch a hole in the wall.

I’d like someone to go and punch a hole in Clarkson but hey let bygones be bygones.

Likely and or preferred changes.

• Young - Weitering. Nothing more to add
  • Kemp - Marchbank. Kemp certainly is the more aggressive, attacking option, but still a long way off bridging the gap between extraordinary and poor. With others in that backline that offer run, carry and xfactor, I prefer the better defensive option
  • Cuners - Elijah. Elijah is the better forward and mid option IMHO
  • Kennedy - Martin. If Kennedy is spending most of his time forward, then Martin replaces him in that role. If Voss believes Kennedy and Elijah can rotate mid/forward, then he stays for mine
  • Ollie - Walsh. Ollie has been great with his run, defensive intent and pressure, but fumbling way too much in the first 2 games. Cottrell has more strength over the ball at the moment, so he can chop out both Acres and Walsh for the 3rd wingman option
  • Fantasia - Motlop. Slow start from Fantasia, but it is a toss of the coin at the moment

Boyd Weitering Gov
Williams Marchbank Saad

TDK Cerra Hewett
Walsh Cripps Acres

Elijah Harry Martin
Motlop Charlie Fogarty

Newman Cottrell Carroll Owies Kennedy

EMG: Pitto C Durdin Kemp, Ollie

In the mix: Cincotta, Moir, Fantasia, Cuners

How many byes are there this year in the VFL? Seemed to be a lot last year which was ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Going off the VFL app
Rounds 1, 12 & 18

Last years fixture was structured incredibly strange, from memory we had 2 byes within 4 weeks and around 4 or more for the year…

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My early call.

B: Boyd Weitering McGovern
HB: Williams Kemp Saad
C: Acres Cripps O.Hollands
HF: Fogarty McKay Cottrell
F: Martin Charlie Motlop
Foll: TDK Kennedy Cerra
Int: Hewett Carroll Owies Newman (Fantasia)
E: Marchbank E.Hollands Cuningham

I can't see us making major changes
My gut feel is they will give Walsh another week
Marchbank for Kemp is borderline
E.Hollands can play a Reserves game. Earn his spot
Toss up between Cottrell/Cuningham for HF/Wing role
Fantasia hangs on as sub. Hasn't done a lot but when he does it's good.
The Emergencies plus Walsh are likely Best 22 all being well

I’d like to make Clarkson grovel.

I’d like us to be 12 goals up in the final quarter and then put 12 players on Nick Larkey.

I’d like someone to go the North Melbourne coaches box and punch a hole in the wall.

I’d like someone to go and punch a hole in Clarkson but hey let bygones be bygones.
Larkey is one of the most goal hungry selfish campaigners I've seen too. Can tell he's utterly desperate for a Coleman.

Weitering?
Walsh?
Motlop?
E.Hollands?
Martin?
Marchbank?

Cincotta Wilson Cowan S.Durdin Binns Pittonet have been good in match sims/VFL matches

Selection will be interesting.
I see us making 3 changes max.

Beyond that is too much for a winning team

If Hollands comes in, you’d assume that’s for the role that Kennedy was playing; where does that leave Martin? Does he need to dislodge Fogarty?

Marchbank for Kemp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back