Roast The Drag on my Intelligence, the Bane of my Existence, my unchallenged Icon of Mediocrity … that is David Koch

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh God, not the tea thing again.

He's a s**t coach that can't get us into a Grand Final. Who gives a * about tea?
Who gives a s**t about tea? I do and this is my thread, so piss off to other threads that may have oxygen to shove up your arse. There’s none here for you.
PS: I have you on ignore, so stay there. Same goes for thundercloud . Mods, give us serious posters a break, please.

Who gives a s**t about tea? I do and this is my thread, so piss off to other threads that may have oxygen to shove up your arse. There’s none here for you.
PS: I have you on ignore, so stay there. Same goes for thundercloud . Mods, give us serious posters a break, please.

I never normally say this but..

BLOODY WELL SAID

A song about winning or the Creed or leaving it all on the paddock or being ready to go. That sort of thing.

Yeah look I think we can fit all that into a sea shanty.

☠️

I think the song is generally fine but like all of the Power branding, it's a bit of a weak missed opportunity.

It does exemplify what an uneducated oaf he is in front of hosts.

Yep. It's much like Koch's whinging about the Suns wearing their home guernsey. It's much like everything about the club for the last decade. Just having no idea about what's important, priorities all over the place, lots of bluff and bluster but no ability to focus and execute.

Reading all of this thread among others, my first instinct is to want 5 minutes alone in a locked room with Koch with no witnesses. The rational side of me, however, tells me that will acheive nothing but vent a little bit of my rage towards this vile regime.

We simply have to find a way, by any means necessary, to very spectacularly and publicly shatter this smug turd's ego. To not do so is as un Port Adelaide as the current frauds in charge themselves.

Reading all of this thread among others, my first instinct is to want 5 minutes alone in a locked room with Koch with no witnesses. The rational side of me, however, tells me that will acheive nothing but vent a little bit of my rage towards this vile regime.

We simply have to find a way, by any means necessary, to very spectacularly and publicly shatter this smug turd's ego. To not do so is as un Port Adelaide as the current frauds in charge themselves.
I'll stand guard at the door (as long I get to go next)

This isn't true at all. It's a gambler's fallacy.

Ask St Kilda what their odds are for winning a premiership soon.
Hinkley winning a Premiership is the AFL equivalent, of with an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of typewriters, one of them will reproduce the works of Shakespeare.

It really feels like we're going backwards. Like they're trying to wind down the 'offering' to the minimum viable product.

Early days we brought in best available from outside the PAFC network, but currently we've got our ex membership manager as our CEO, our ex runner as our forwards coach, a failed ruckman as our ruck coach, no senior assistant to replace Voss who left two years ago, and now saying goodbye to our defence coach with seemingly no plan in place for his replacement.

It screams ‘austerity measures’ to me and has done for some time.

Wind back expectations.
Wind back deliverables.
Increase prices. (Memberships, merchandise, food and bev, etc)
Reduce costs. (Football department, marketing, admin, etc)

Our annual report will be interesting reading this year.
Austerity measures can (arguably) work for a country, as the majority of people and businesses can't easily go elsewhere and just have to suck it up. No one forces people to give the club money. I'm sure both per Membership and in total, that the Membership revenue (rather than bullshit numbers), has gone done each year, year on year, from 2020 through 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley winning a Premiership is the AFL equivalent, of with an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of typewriters, one of them will reproduce the works of Shakespeare.
Hinkley is like a sperm - he's about a one in 3 million chance of being successful.

If the Crows move past us next year and either beat us in a final or make finals and we don't, I can't see Ken surviving that, not in his 12th season, after us being gaslit this year about him being our best chance at a flag. There wouldn't be enough polish on earth for Kane and Gerard to polish the turd any longer.

And if Ken goes, Koch will have to go as well, no way he can back in a lame duck for this long, against so many fans wishes and just stroll on like nothing happened.

If Koch goes there will have to be a wider review of the club from an external source, and how the decisions to extend Ken time and time again have come about. There will have to be accountability beyond those two. The spotlight will have to be shone on all and sundry.

That's where I'd like Tredders and some of the more connected posters here to get involved again if possible, really set about bringing the club back to what it once was.

Maybe it's all just wishful thinking...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

If the Crows move past us next year and either beat us in a final or make finals and we don't, I can't see Ken surviving that, not in his 12th season, after us being gaslit this year about him being our best chance at a flag. There wouldn't be enough polish on earth for Kane and Gerard to polish the turd any longer.

And if Ken goes, Koch will have to go as well, no way he can back in a lame duck for this long, against so many fans wishes and just stroll on like nothing happened.

If Koch goes there will have to be a wider review of the club from an external source, and how the decisions to extend Ken time and time again have come about. There will have to be accountability beyond those two. The spotlight will have to be shone on all and sundry.

That's where I'd like Tredders and some of the more connected posters here to get involved again if possible, really set about bringing the club back to what it once was.

Maybe it's all just wishful thinking...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
lol, we’ve had so many ‘there’s no way he could survive THAT’ moments he’s gotten past, he could be found smuggling contraband to Spencer von Einem and Koch would still back him.

lol, we’ve had so many ‘there’s no way he could survive THAT’ moments he’s gotten past, he could be found smuggling contraband to Spencer von Einem and Koch would still back him.
Yep, he will survive the crows going past us.

"nothing with Hinkley is ever in our grasp. It’s always just out of reach."

This stood out to me. Its the perfect description.

It also works on people who aren't followers of the club because they look at us and go 'how can you complain, you're close to success?' Except we're never close to success. We do just enough to appear close so that selfish people can collect a paycheque. There is no desire to actually bridge that gap, ever.

Exactly. This is the issue. Koch has closed the gap between our best and worst by lowering our ceiling to a point where we can't win a flag. The GWS loss didn't really hurt because nobody paying attention thought for a second that we could win the flag.

Winning a premiership is so far down the priority list for this club, it's insane.

The only year since 2016 that wasn't a sackable performance is 2020. 2019 was probably the most sackable season. 0/1 from finals in the previous 5 seasons at that point.

There is nothing that will guarantee a sacking while David Koch is in charge of the club. Nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back