2nd Test Australia v Pakistan Dec 26--30 1000hrs @ the MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why all the hate for Starc. Yes he bowls some ordinary deliveries, but he can also bowl unplayable deliveries. He's an essential part of what makes this Australian bowling unit so formidable.

338 Test wickets @ 27.70, SR: 48.94
236 ODI wickets @ 22.97, SR: 26.44

Anyone who doesn’t rate Starc is a ****ing idiot. It’s that simple.

Bad luck Pakistan. If not for their usual terrible fielding and some dodgy umpiring, they would have exposed this elderly team whose overall failings are being hidden behind some individual gun performances.

The rotten core will be there for everyone to smell soon enough though.
Where was the rotten umpiring?

tbf, forecast for Melbourne was at least that bad for the first three days and didn't turn out as forecast.
Sydney does have a history though and being one of the smaller venues these days, the case for moving the new years Test is strong.

Sydney seems to be worst ground for getting back on after rain so many times a rain delay turns into a lengthy delay turns into them calling early stumps in sydney, other places you can get back on for few hours after heavy rain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most people would say that Cummins and Hazlewood were the more consistent bowlers in this test and yet Starc gets more of a wrap than Hazlewood because of some cheap wickets

I think that's what shits people about him

Not sure why all the hate for Starc. Yes he bowls some ordinary deliveries, but he can also bowl unplayable deliveries. He's an essential part of what makes this Australian bowling unit so formidable.
I think people just get frustrated with the sheer difference in quality between his best and his worst.

They explained it today - before each days pkay, they calibrate to try and get the middle of the snicko frame to align with the freeze frame (1/30 of a second).

But due to small errors etc, the sync can be up to one entire video frame out during the days play. (which we also saw today earlier on)
Thanks. Based on the above, any snicko registered right at the end of a frame (as this glove band example was) is almost exactly halfway between what you see on the screen and the next frame. Which looks to be the forearm, not the glove.

Still can’t believe that this was deemed enough to overturn a not out on field decision.

Unfortunately I disagree, as the spike was right at the end of the “sound“ frame, where as the “video” frame is a still frame and doesn’t cover the duration of the “sound“ frame. To me that indicates that the snick was “after” the still, not “on” the still.

Of course Ultimately it doesn’t matter what I think.

Really disappointing to see a judgement call overrule the on field decision, that’s not what the video review is for.
As I have said before though, the ball never travels to the right of the wrist band even 2 frames past the snick.

I think most people would say that Cummins and Hazlewood were the more consistent bowlers in this test and yet Starc gets more of a wrap than Hazlewood because of some cheap wickets

I think that's what shits people about him

2/90 odd for hazlewood for match is very unfair i will agree bowled much much better than that.

Would have made things a lot more interesting. But then are Pakistan batting when the pitch was still a bit more spicy? Or do they still choke under pressure, shame we’ll never know.
Their bowlers go ok. Probably lack pace for Australia pitches, unless it is doing something like this one, then they are dangerous. In places like England though they could cause issues.

Thanks. Based on the above, any snicko registered right at the end of a frame (as this glove band example was) is almost exactly halfway between what you see on the screen and the next frame. Which looks to be the forearm, not the glove.

Still can’t believe that this was deemed enough to overturn a not out on field decision.
Didn't hot spot showed a white mark on the wrist band?

Back