NO TROLLS Angus Brayshaw retires

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a plethora of scientific studies and journals by various health organisations around the would covering the long term impact on concussion and its cumulative effects on the brain.

For example - National Health Institute

Centers for Disease Control & Prevention

https://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/concussion/repeated-head-impacts.html

To argue that because Gus had no occurrence of concussion between 2017-2023 is a reason which any prior concussion is invalid defies medical data/evidence.
I said that he hadn’t had a knock in over 5 years. He may not have had another one. The last incident didn’t need to happen.

Well given AB released a statement saying the concussion from Maynard ended his career it is rather prudent to discuss the perpetrator and have even more anger at him for it.

There’s discussing the act in relation to a player with a history of concussions and there’s the condemnation occurring here for a legal football act.

The Maynard incident is ancient history, it’s a shame the new AFL footy boss with no football experience and some upset fans think legal football acts should be punished if a player with a history of concussions is knocked out.

What did the Brisbane player get for concussing Murphy in the grand final?

So what’s your point?

It didn’t have to happen this way. It happened because a dog player decided he’s going to drop the shoulder.

Your argument that Gus' prior concussions had nothing to do with medical advice is flawed

he was cleared. It was a legal act. End of story.
That’s why the game and the rules and the people are all absolutely goosed. We hear non stop about the head being off limits, we hear players have to have a duty of care, then we see something happen like this and the legal eagles get involved and sort it.

It’s just wrong.

That’s why the game and the rules and the people are all absolutely goosed. We hear non stop about the head being off limits, we hear players have to have a duty of care, then we see something happen like this and the legal eagles get involved and sort it.

It’s just wrong.
So, should every high tackle be a reportable incident? Should every accidental hit to the head, like the one Murphy copped in the Grand Final, and might yet end his career, be a suspendable incident?

So, should every high tackle be a reportable incident? Should every accidental hit to the head, like the one Murphy copped in the Grand Final, and might yet end his career, be a suspendable incident?
You seriously going to tell me that you’ve seen an attempted another turn into a concussion? It’s called intent. Very different from an accident.

I can’t recall saying that. I said he hadn’t had a hit in 5 years and this one was avoidable. I am pissed off due to the way it happened.

Pretty clear that all the bullshit about Maynard not having anything to do with it is just that, bullshit.

It wasn’t cumulative, it wasn’t anything else bar that incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad news. I’ve always loved watching him play.

Regarding the hysteria on Maynard what gets forgotten is the reason Brayshaw was so completely knocked out by an attempted smother is mostly due to the head knock he got from a knee while contested the ball on the ground 3min earlier.

Not to mention all the dozens of previous incidents likely contributing to a vulnerability progressively.

how can he know. His brain might be deteriorating? Has he got scans for 5 months prior to the incident?

he is essentially blaming his last cigarette for cancer and not all, the cigarettes he has smoked previously.
yes he did, and then got scans more recently, actually read it, its stated he got scans after the knock and then scans more recently and compared them this was to check if was clear to play, you've got to read

Probably haven't hit the mark second time as well
Ok well let’s talk about protecting the head constantly, but at the same time continue to send out concussion prone players. It’s called talking out of both sides of your mouth. Where exactly have I missed the mark?

Sad to see.

He’s had a good career though, premiership player and kicked one of the most iconic goals of that grand final. Also remember when he randomly came 3rd in the brownlow in 2018 without even being invited?🤣

All the best going forward Gus, sad to see but good to see he’s putting his health first

yes he did, and then got scans more recently, actually read it, its stated he got scans after the knock and then scans more recently and compared them this was to check if was clear to play, you've got to read

He said he got a scan 2 weeks after and again recently showed further deterioration, suggesting his brain has been deteriorating even before the incident. Everyone knows CTE is a degenerative disease from cumulative knocks.

You are conveniently attributing the last incident to the deterioration, which is not how CTE works.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back