NO TROLLS Angus Brayshaw retires

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1910845
this was from Gus himself, the Maynard incident was the direct reason for his retirement, It was an accident and was unfortunate, I feel bad for Gus a lot more that Maynard but to have that weigh on his shoulders that he was responsible for ending Brayshaw's career
sideswipe
JM#1
adammania9
Kappa

Pretty clear that all the bullshit about Maynard not having anything to do with it is just that, bullshit.

It wasn’t cumulative, it wasn’t anything else bar that incident.

Honestly blaming Maynard lacks a bit of class. Could just have well have been Pickett or one of his own teammates cleaning him up at training. Clearly the guy had a history of concussion and has elected not to risk things by continuing to play. Good luck to him with his post football career

As an industry we need to be better at protecting the head and being more severe with the penalties when head contact occurs.
The two incidents most talked about in this thread (Maynard/Pickett) will hopefully result in severe penalties if something similar happens again.

It wasn’t cumulative, it wasn’t anything else bar that incident.

Im going to call this one out, the Maynard incident was the straw that broke the camels back but Brayshaw has a clear/proven history of repeated concussions.

In 2017 he took a break from footy after suffering 4 concussions within a 12 month period. That is a cumulative effect of repeated brain injury.

I got my last post on this deleted for some reason. But will try different wording. If the AFL is serious about head injuries, concussion prone players should be made to retire. Bradshaw should have retired long before the Maynard incident.

It was a direct result of that hit, it says in the letter stated by Gus and professinals, so Maynard did retire him
Well, when it comes to causation, you take your victim as you find him, so it can be said that that particular collision was what retired him, but once again, the Tribunal did not find the contact to be careless.

Im going to call this one out, the Maynard incident was the straw that broke the camels back but Brayshaw has a clear/proven history of repeated concussions.

In 2017 he took a break from footy after suffering 4 concussions within a 12 month period
Right, so we have established it was this incident. No doubt. The gripe I have is how the incident occurred and how it was dealt with.

1. Can you recall someone attempting to smother a player and knocking them out in the process?
2. We say bans happen all the time for incidents where the head is involved. How is this different?
3. Don’t players have a duty of care to not hurt other players?

Brayshaw may not have gotten another knock. Ever. He hasn’t had one in 5 years. Maynard has a history of playing on the edge and this time he took it too far. Nothing was done until this year, even though there were plenty of criteria met for him to be punished last year.

I got my last post on this deleted for some reason. But will try different wording. If the AFL is serious about head injuries, concussion prone players should be made to retire. Bradshaw should have retired long before the Maynard incident.
No he shouldn’t have. He hadn’t had a concussion since 2017.

Try and keep up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, when it comes to causation, you take your victim as you find him, so it can be said that that particular collision was what retired him, but once again, the Tribunal did not find the contact to be careless.
You said it yourself, friends in high places. Collingwood flag was all that mattered.

$$$

It was an accident, an unfortunate series of events, I feel really bad for Brayshaw, but this will weigh on Maynard he would feel responsible I also feel for him

Right, so we have established it was this incident. No doubt. The gripe I have is how the incident occurred and how it was dealt with.

1. Can you recall someone attempting to smother a player and knocking them out in the process?
2. We say bans happen all the time for incidents where the head is involved. How is this different?
3. Don’t players have a duty of care to not hurt other players?

Brayshaw may not have gotten another knock. Ever. He hasn’t had one in 5 years. Maynard has a history of playing on the edge and this time he took it too far. Nothing was done until this year, even though there were plenty of criteria met for him to be punished last year.
Not according to the tribunal

In 2017 he took a break from footy after suffering 4 concussions within a 12 month period. That is a cumulative effect of repeated brain injury.
Yeah that’s correct, his own brother (Hamish) has said as much on multiple occasions

There are so many nuffies in this threat it isn’t even funny

The Maynard hit wasn’t illegal, but is now as a result of the outcome

The Maynard hit did hurt Gus, and effectively end his career but the hit is not as bad as Cripps on Ah Chee(?) in his brownlow year, or say even Rohan’s on his own teammate, Jezza

It’s a really sad outcome but it is honestly pretty pathetic that there are people from both camps that can’t drop their tribalism and look at this holistically. Lot of growing up to do here.

So thread title has no trolls and it’s full of Melbourne trolls

Disappointing for Brayshaw that a legal football act could end his career, but unfortunately when players are susceptible to concussions it doesn’t take much. Will Puckovski is a prime example of this.

So thread title has no trolls and it’s full of Melbourne trolls

Disappointing for Brayshaw that a legal football act could end his career, but unfortunately when players are susceptible to concussions it doesn’t take much. Will Puckovski is a prime example of this.
Well given AB released a statement saying the concussion from Maynard ended his career it is rather prudent to discuss the perpetrator and have even more anger at him for it.

There's a plethora of scientific studies and journals by various health organisations around the world covering the long term impact on concussion and its cumulative effects on the brain.

For example - National Health Institute

Centers for Disease Control & Prevention

https://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/concussion/repeated-head-impacts.html

To argue that because Gus had no occurrence of concussion between 2017-2023 is a reason which any prior concussion is invalid defies medical data/evidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back