List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

if you are genuinely contending or stuck at rock bottom it will hurt. If you are in between and have enough mature talent you can make hay. If you have talented Tassies, who want o go home to eh new team, then you will get extra hay. Picking tassies might be a great idea in a few years. Or if they are really good it might be a fair bit of immediate hurt for future good.
Thats what i was saying when GWS & GC started getting all the 1st round draft picks

I clearly remember saying to my family and friends the way this looks Richmond wont win a flag for 20 years
We were stuck on the bottom with a handfull of young kids in Jack , Trent , Dusty , Rance , Lids and Edwards and the rest was rubbish
But then BANG 3 flags and the GWS/Suns 0

We are in a situation thats very similar now
We have 5 kids from 3 years ago and will get another 5 this year and possibly 2-3 top 10 picks if we finish bottom 8

We have just scraped in in my opinion

This is one of those dream scenarios. Can't remember the last player with genuine currency who left besides Ottens and that was ballsed up. Having both clubs into him is perfect storm for a bidding war. For mine he can be elite with grunt and effort, but less than ordinary at most other aspects of footy. He's massively overrated and not worthy of all the hype and is a perfect cash cow. Would be the perfect win, win, win he'll go home and get a massive pay day, the club will lure a home grown leader back, and we'll cash in selling at twice the true market value.

Broad can go live in his new house also, so Trezise and Brown get games and whatever Graham compo is i'll take just to move on.
I prey Levi Ashcroft is as good as his brother, as Brissie are more than 1000 points short of pick 1 discount value. Would be nice to bundle points and load up on early picks.

Freo:
Round one pick
Round one pick (tied to Collingwood)
Round one pick (tied to Port Adelaide)
Round two pick (tied to St Kilda)
Round four pick (tied to St Kilda

WCE:
Round one pick
Round two pick
Round four pick
The AFL will have to give them draft concessions as this will be 3rd year down the bottom.
From all the on-line reports, Levi Ashcroft is seriously good and Lions wont want to miss on him. RFC pick 26 & 39 ATM would be 1175 points which is equal to about pick 14 in points. RFC swap 26 & 39 for Lions first round 2025 plus they throw in a sweetener.

I'm just saying hypothetically, personally a 1st rounder for Baker would be the asking price. West Coast wont be giving us their 1st so IMO that would be a disaster if he chooses them.
I can see a scenario where the AFL gives West Coast a mid-first round pick that they have to trade, effectively handing them Baker for free, but we would also benefit.

I can see a scenario where the AFL gives West Coast a mid-first round pick that they have to trade, effectively handing them Baker for free, but we would also benefit.

If we get a 1st rounder for him from either team, then I'm happy. People may say you sound keen to off load him, so your asking price is too high but that's not the reason for me. Baker is the right age for us to get a return, he is good enough for us to get something decent for as I reckon our list is at the wrong end for us to keep him.

I am all for getting a serious draft hand. And I am even more for keeping a heap of leadership and experience in the squad. If we lose 2 experienced leaders then we should get back serious draft picks. And right now we can trade player = picks for a good pick. Could be a major draft hand in 2024 if we get it right.
Plus with Tassie entering and us having 2 good young Tasmanians we might get more draft picks that way.

All great, but if you sell your soul for draft picks you get to stay down the bottom for years. Play it smart and keep the squad to be competitive and strong, whilst rebuilding with good picks and we'll be back baby! That is a fine line to walk.
Interest in Baker: Plus is Grimes? Prestia? Maybe Martin too, would be enough of a cut of experience.

The only way I can see West Coast giving us a 1st rounder is if as the poster above richoplzbreed said the AFL gives them a draft concession like an end of 1st round pick? However, I don't believe the 3 years down the bottom is an actual rule.

I also forgot but Freo have a few 1st round picks don't they? Even better if Baker does go to Freo.

West Coast will finish last and have pick 1 in the PSD so technically wouldn't have to give us anything. He would be a far better fit at Freo anyway given their age profile. West Coast are years off it (like we might be). Surely he has more value to a team ready to play finals.

From all the on-line reports, Levi Ashcroft is seriously good and Lions wont want to miss on him. RFC pick 26 & 39 ATM would be 1175 points which is equal to about pick 14 in points. RFC swap 26 & 39 for Lions first round 2025 plus they throw in a sweetener.

Scott Welshs son is tipped top 10 also, hopefully one or both of the Camporeale twins are tipped high. Would love payback for the Yarran trade imagine bundling up a 3rd and some of the useless 4ths for their 2025 1st rounder and they win the wooden spoon.

dave-chappelle-prince (1).gif

West Coast will finish last and have pick 1 in the PSD so technically wouldn't have to give us anything. He would be a far better fit at Freo anyway given their age profile. West Coast are years off it (like we might be). Surely he has more value to a team ready to play finals.

You would think so but the article states that both teams are interested, so as you say that must mean West Coast are going to offer us crap for him and then use the pick 1 PSD if a deal can't be done.

You would think so but the article states that both teams are interested, so as you say that must mean West Coast are going to offer us crap for him and then use the pick 1 PSD if a deal can't be done.
Matt Clarke will be doing the negotiatons for West coast so i think they'd be pretty reasonable if Baker does indeed choose the eagles.

Eagles are almost certain to have the first pick of the second round, then if they add a future second and some steak knifes, its a bit unders but a pretty fair deal. After academy, F/S bids etc we will probably have two early 20's picks for baker plus some later extras

Yeh freo make more sense, they have loaded up with 3 first round picks for this year, a draft without much WA talent i'd guess they'd be pretty aggresive in trying to lure WA talent back to their home state, and target guys like Baker and Logan McDonald. Especially since they have traded out guys in Cerra and Schultz and the pressure is on to start moving up the ladder. Like they have done with Jackson and Jordan Clark.

Equally Matt Clarke drafted baker, boyhood eagles fan so west coast are in with a chance if baker opts to head home

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FLAG TIGER KEEN FOR MORE

RICHMOND premiership wingman Kamdyn McIntosh is keen to sign on at the Tigers as the unrestricted free agent enters his 12th season at Punt Road.

McIntosh, who played in the club's 2017 and 2020 flag triumphs, was out of contract last year before hitting a trigger to secure another season with Richmond through to the end of 2024.

It means he begins this year under new coach Adem Yze as one of more than 20 Tigers unsigned beyond this season.

His manager, Colin Young from Young Guns Sports Management, told AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable that he had spoken with Tigers list boss Blair Hartley over the pre-season about McIntosh's hopes of signing on at the Tigers.

"I was really fortunate to be able to watch their match sim and sat with Blair Hartley for most of the game. We were talking about Kam and he's got to go through a new coach and the list structure has changed a little bit," Young said.

"We'll sit down in about three or four weeks and have a chat to see where Blair's at. Kam's pretty keen to go long-term with Richmond but it will be up to the club and what they want to do in the early stages."

McIntosh, who turns 30 next month, has played 170 games for the Tigers since being drafted in 2012. – Callum Twomey

FLAG TIGER KEEN FOR MORE

RICHMOND premiership wingman Kamdyn McIntosh is keen to sign on at the Tigers as the unrestricted free agent enters his 12th season at Punt Road.

McIntosh, who played in the club's 2017 and 2020 flag triumphs, was out of contract last year before hitting a trigger to secure another season with Richmond through to the end of 2024.

It means he begins this year under new coach Adem Yze as one of more than 20 Tigers unsigned beyond this season.

His manager, Colin Young from Young Guns Sports Management, told AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable that he had spoken with Tigers list boss Blair Hartley over the pre-season about McIntosh's hopes of signing on at the Tigers.

"I was really fortunate to be able to watch their match sim and sat with Blair Hartley for most of the game. We were talking about Kam and he's got to go through a new coach and the list structure has changed a little bit," Young said.

"We'll sit down in about three or four weeks and have a chat to see where Blair's at. Kam's pretty keen to go long-term with Richmond but it will be up to the club and what they want to do in the early stages."

McIntosh, who turns 30 next month, has played 170 games for the Tigers since being drafted in 2012. – Callum Twomey
Cue the melts.

Can probably rule out JUH, was always likely to re-sign but seems a fait accompli now

Western Bulldogs close in on re-signing Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, while Tim English’s future is less clear​

There is supreme confidence that one star Bulldog will re-sign with the club, while the other’s future is slightly less clear. SAM LANDSBERGER has the details.

Western Bulldogs remain confident they will pull off a one-two contracting punch by locking away Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and Tim English on deals expected to total around $2 million per season.
Godfather offers for Ugle-Hagan are trickling in, but those close to the emerging superstar are supremely confident he will re-sign at Whitten Oval until 2026 or 2027.
Ugle-Hagan and fellow forward Aaron Naughton – who is locked in until 2032 – are best mates, while the 2020 No.1 draft pick is also extremely tight with Dogs skipper Marcus Bontempelli.
Ugle-Hagan and his family remain extremely appreciative of the club’s support last year after he was racially vilified by St Kilda fans during a game at Marvel Stadium.

The following week, Ugle-Hagan replicated Nicky Winmar’s famous “I’m proud” moment when he lifted his guernsey and pointed to his skin after booting a goal.
Cashed-up clubs – including Richmond and Hawthorn – are tabling contracts worth up to $1.3m for Ugle-Hagan, but it is understood even they have a sense he is going nowhere.
That is a far different scenario to 2018, when the Tigers believed they were certain to land then-Gold Coast captain Tom Lynch before the season had even started.

Alice Ugle, Jamarra’s mother, burst into tears when she found out he would play his first AFL game in 2020 and Ugle-Hagan used his debut speech to tell teammates that rumours he would seek a trade back then were “bull----”.
Another important factor is Ugle-Hagan’s close relationship with the Bulldogs’ next generation academy coach David Newton, who first watched the precocious talent light-up a Kickstart game in Blacktown as a 14-year-old.
When Newton noticed the left-footer could only handball right-handed, he quickly upskilled Ugle-Hagan on both sides of his body.

While list boss Sam Power still has to table the right contract, Bulldogs fans should breathe easy that a short-term deal should get done as early as mid-season.

FLAG TIGER KEEN FOR MORE

Ofc he keen to sign on no one would be intested in McIntosh anywhere else.
Re-signing Macca up would be a mediocrity move.

Matt Clarke will be doing the negotiatons for West coast so i think they'd be pretty reasonable if Baker does indeed choose the eagles.

Eagles are almost certain to have the first pick of the second round, then if they add a future second and some steak knifes, it’s a bit unders but a pretty fair deal. After academy, F/S bids etc we will probably have two early 20's picks for baker plus some later extras
1st pick of 2nd round is prob fair for Baker.. if we can get better that’s a bonus

I'll preface this by saying I absolutely in no way want this to happen, but IF for whatever reason Bakes wanted to go home, then it's all going to be okay.

We desperately need high picks coming into the club. We're not far off Tasmania coming into the league and I'm gonna assume we will still be in the process of rebuilding the list at that point. We are gonna need as many high end kids coming in as soon as possible.

Eagles are almost certain to have the first pick of the second round, then if they add a future second and some steak knifes, its a bit unders but a pretty fair deal. After academy, F/S bids etc we will probably have two early 20's picks for baker plus some later extras

If the pick is beyond 15 then whether it’s 17 or 23 it’s largely irrelevant. I’ve previously looked at draftees from 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40 and 41-50 and 51-60. (I only looked at average games played, not awards etc…)

There was a large jump in output from 1-10 v 10-20… but then surprisingly only a small jump from 10-20 to 21-30. Then there was a large jump from 20-30 to 31-40, but minimal jump from 31-40 to 41-50 to 51-60…

In other words, we want either top-10, or top-30 picks. But the data tells you there’s no point bundling for example 26 and 28 to get pick-17. But there’s every reason to bundle 36 and 38 to get pick-27.

It’s a numbers game, but we needn’t stress about a pick being mid-teens or early-20’s. Your odds of getting a quality player are about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because Carr always maxs a contract , with his value as if you’d sign at r2 , from what I’ve seen so far , if he remains fit he’s top 3 in bf and prob top 30 in league ,,,that’s worthy of a considerable contract and possibly tenure ,,,that’s bloody well why !
he looks like a spud so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back