List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

Because Carr always maxs a contract , with his value as if you’d sign at r2 , from what I’ve seen so far , if he remains fit he’s top 3 in bf and prob top 30 in league ,,,that’s worthy of a considerable contract and possibly tenure ,,,that’s bloody well why !
From Dusty's POV, Carr probably has other offers in front of him. At Martin's age. Lots to consider. 2 years from RFC. longer contracts elsewhere.

From RFC POV, Got injury prone Lynch and Dusty mega contract ending.

FA KPF is RFC style.

JUH? Why not?

Balta is being missed in the backline.

See how Brown/Miller go.

If Dusty does go, he'll go to Sydney.

Everyone thinks he'll go to GC but Sydney would take him on a 3y deal in a heartbeat. $800Kpa. Small ground. Low profile. 50 goals a year. Flag. Boom.

Its been reported that Sydney's salary cap is already bulging and they've got a plethora of gun kids all becoming A & B graders at same time. If anything they're gonna have to let players like Oliver Florent go. Otherwise would probably be an ideal fit. They love their marquee players. I'm not convinced Dustys leaving anyway. He's been loyal. Fully entitled to let the season play out.

RACE ON FOR TIGER AS PAIR OF CLUBS ‘IN RUNNING’

Fremantle and the West Coast Eagles are reportedly preparing “lucrative” pursuits of off-contract Richmond utility Liam Baker.

The clubs flagged interest in the Tigers vice-captain last year and are said to be keen on the West Australian again in 2024.

“Well, they both were in the running last time for Liam Baker, and they’re both absolutely in the running again this time around,” reported AFL Media’s Cal Twomey on Gettable.

“So, in 2022 when Baker re-signed (at Richmond) for two more years, that was done late in the season. Now, I think it’s going to be a discussion that again is happening late in the season.

“He’s a vice-captain now, not a free agent, so it’ll come at a trade cost, but they’re both going to be throwing long and lucrative deals at him.

“It’s going to be a longer watch through this year, I think, and where Richmond is at in that discussion, as well, deeper into the season will be a fascinating aspect to this, too.”

The now-26-year-old was drafted to Punt Road via the 2017 Rookie Draft and is a dual premiership player.

From Dusty's POV, Carr probably has other offers in front of him. At Martin's age. Lots to consider. 2 years from RFC. longer contracts elsewhere.

From RFC POV, Got injury prone Lynch and Dusty mega contract ending.

FA KPF is RFC style.

JUH? Why not?

Balta is being missed in the backline.

See how Brown/Miller go.
If dusty maintains this form he’d have 10 clubs after him with lucrative 2-3y contracts, at FA they’ll be queuing up

Fremantle and the West Coast Eagles are reportedly preparing “lucrative” pursuits of off-contract Richmond utility Liam Baker.

The clubs flagged interest in the Tigers vice-captain last year and are said to be keen on the West Australian again in 2024.

“Well, they both were in the running last time for Liam Baker, and they’re both absolutely in the running again this time around,” reported AFL Media’s Cal Twomey on Gettable.

“So, in 2022 when Baker re-signed (at Richmond) for two more years, that was done late in the season. Now, I think it’s going to be a discussion that again is happening late in the season.

“He’s a vice-captain now, not a free agent, so it’ll come at a trade cost, but they’re both going to be throwing long and lucrative deals at him.

“It’s going to be a longer watch through this year, I think, and where Richmond is at in that discussion, as well, deeper into the season will be a fascinating aspect to this, too.”

The now-26-year-old was drafted to Punt Road via the 2017 Rookie Draft and is a dual premiership player.
I’d accept a R1 from freo

I’d accept a R1 from freo
Lets assume we end up with our own top 10 pick, I mean it could be top 5.

We then get Freos first pick and we couple that with our 2nd rounder, we could potentially end up with 2 x top 10 picks if we are lucky and creative, that is then our next 2 x stars. Rebuild well on the way.

I can't see the Eagles giving us value for Baker. There's no way they will want to part with a 1st rounder for him, (they will have a high 1st rounder and Baker as good as he is isn't worth that) yet at the same time they will offer him a massive contract. Freo is our best bet IMO, especially if they have a decent season. They will have a late 1st rounder and already have a young list so adding Baker to their list is worth giving up a late 1st rounder. Whether we give something back then only time will tell.

I can't see the Eagles giving us value for Baker. There's no way they will want to part with a 1st rounder for him, (they will have a high 1st rounder and Baker as good as he is isn't worth that) yet at the same time offer him a massive contract. Freo is our best bet IMO, especially if they have a decent season. They will have a late 1st rounder and already have a young list so adding Baker to their list is worth giving up a late 1st rounder. Whether we give something back then only time will tell.
He is a better player than Schulz who they demanded a hefty price from the pies for.

We certainly wont be adding steak knives.

This is one of those dream scenarios. Can't remember the last player with genuine currency who left besides Ottens and that was ballsed up. Having both clubs into him is perfect storm for a bidding war. For mine he can be elite with grunt and effort, but less than ordinary at most other aspects of footy. He's massively overrated and not worthy of all the hype and is a perfect cash cow. Would be the perfect win, win, win he'll go home and get a massive pay day, the club will lure a home grown leader back, and we'll cash in selling at twice the true market value.

Broad can go live in his new house also, so Trezise and Brown get games and whatever Graham compo is i'll take just to move on.
I prey Levi Ashcroft is as good as his brother, as Brissie are more than 1000 points short of pick 1 discount value. Would be nice to bundle points and load up on early picks.

Freo:
Round one pick
Round one pick (tied to Collingwood)
Round one pick (tied to Port Adelaide)
Round two pick (tied to St Kilda)
Round four pick (tied to St Kilda

WCE:
Round one pick
Round two pick
Round four pick
The AFL will have to give them draft concessions as this will be 3rd year down the bottom.

He is a better player than Schulz who they demanded a hefty price from the pies for.

We certainly wont be adding steak knives.
I'm just saying hypothetically, personally a 1st rounder for Baker would be the asking price. West Coast wont be giving us their 1st so IMO that would be a disaster if he chooses them.

I'm just saying hypothetically, personally a 1st rounder for Baker would be the asking price. West Coast wont be giving us their 1st so IMO that would be a disaster if he chooses them.
Yes I agree with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I agree with that.
The only way I can see West Coast giving us a 1st rounder is if as the poster above richoplzbreed said the AFL gives them a draft concession like an end of 1st round pick? However, I don't believe the 3 years down the bottom is an actual rule.

I also forgot but Freo have a few 1st round picks don't they? Even better if Baker does go to Freo.

This is one of those dream scenarios. Can't remember the last player with genuine currency who left besides Ottens and that was ballsed up. Having both clubs into him is perfect storm for a bidding war. For mine he can be elite with grunt and effort, but less than ordinary at most other aspects of footy. He's massively overrated and not worthy of all the hype and is a perfect cash cow. Would be the perfect win, win, win he'll go home and get a massive pay day, the club will lure a home grown leader back, and we'll cash in selling at twice the true market value.

Broad can go live in his new house also, so Trezise and Brown get games and whatever Graham compo is i'll take just to move on.
I prey Levi Ashcroft is as good as his brother, as Brissie are more than 1000 points short of pick 1 discount value. Would be nice to bundle points and load up on early picks.

Freo:
Round one pick
Round one pick (tied to Collingwood)
Round one pick (tied to Port Adelaide)
Round two pick (tied to St Kilda)
Round four pick (tied to St Kilda

WCE:
Round one pick
Round two pick
Round four pick
The AFL will have to give them draft concessions as this will be 3rd year down the bottom.
"Baker gives the Tigers the Heave Ho as he docks in Fremantle."

The only way I can see West Coast giving us a 1st rounder is if as the poster above richoplzbreed said the AFL gives them a draft concession like an end of 1st round pick? However, I don't believe the 3 years down the bottom is an actual rule.

I also forgot but Freo have a few 1st round picks don't they? Even better if Baker does go to Freo.
Freo definitely the best option and they have picks available.

If they have both Filth and port rd 1 picks and they both finish high and get pushed to around 18-22 range, we might be a chance to get both for Baker and give them back some later picks including our own rd 2 pick.
Its certainly an interesting watch, our draft hand this year and potential increased draft hand could be a serious game changer.

You think if he had the choice that’s where he’d go as they’re definitely on the rise , wc would need to put a ridiculous offer to trump it

I think Baker is a very good player, but I’ll be honest in saying he hasn’t quite elevated to the absolute A-grader I thought he was heading towards being. I think this is partly because he had been thrown around multiple positions, but I fully thought he’d be Rory Laird ‘mark II’ by now. Or the best small defender in the game. But he still flows in and out of games a fair bit, rarely stringing 4-quarters together.

If love to keep him, but we will get overs in a trade and it will really help us stockpile more kids, so it won’t be the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Baker is a very good player, but I’ll be honest in saying he hasn’t quite elevated to the absolute A-grader I thought he was heading towards being. I think this is partly because he had been thrown around multiple positions, but I fully thought he’d be Rory Laird ‘mark II’ by now. Or the best small defender in the game. But he still flows in and out of games a fair bit, rarely stringing 4-quarters together.

If love to keep him, but we will get overs in a trade and it will really help us stockpile more kids, so it won’t be the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is bang on, his best footy was at half back, one of the cleanest ground ball getters in the game, tough as nails and surprisingly good in the air or his size. He hasnt been able to get to that level in consistently in his current roles.

I am all for getting a serious draft hand. And I am even more for keeping a heap of leadership and experience in the squad. If we lose 2 experienced leaders then we should get back serious draft picks. And right now we can trade player = picks for a good pick. Could be a major draft hand in 2024 if we get it right.
Plus with Tassie entering and us having 2 good young Tasmanians we might get more draft picks that way.

All great, but if you sell your soul for draft picks you get to stay down the bottom for years. Play it smart and keep the squad to be competitive and strong, whilst rebuilding with good picks and we'll be back baby! That is a fine line to walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back