Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe tackled the best I've seen him EVER. Really helps with the balance of the midfield group. There are no passengers offensively or defensively. When is the last time we could say that about our midfield?

Brayshaw a really solid contributor being #2 and a really unselfish game. Nice kick on the left to setup Jacksons 1st. Did some work on the wing.

Serong moved through traffic like Moses in the red sea.

Think we are 1 burst midfielder or forward mid (in the stringer/degoey/rozee) mould from being unstoppable in there.

Fyfe tackled the best I've seen him EVER. Really helps with the balance of the midfield group. There are no passengers offensively or defensively. When is the last time we could say that about our midfield?

Brayshaw a really solid contributor being #2 and a really unselfish game. Nice kick on the left to setup Jacksons 1st. Did some work on the wing.

Think we are 1 burst midfielder or forward mid (in the stringer/degoey/rozee) mould from being unstoppable in there.

Jackson - a bigger version of Stringer / DeGoey / Goodes eventually.

Simpson - Rozee / Schuey type player.

Need another Jordan Clark, hopefully Walker.

Simpson does look like he has that in him.

Love Jackson and hes a proper unicorn but not sure I've seen that burst from him.

Would love another Roger Hayden.

We've already got that player (Simpson), just need to develop him now.

Not Amiss alone. 9 goals between Amiss, Treacy, Jackson could win a lot of games.

Opposition will not be able to cover them all. Just wait for the game Jackson kicks four and they have to reshuffle off Amiss... All the while Treacy is kicking goals, assisting on others and being a physical presence.

In some ways Jackson will be harder to stop and bringing him down is going to be so bloody hard. He will develop a better understanding of when to go himself in the next year. At the moment he is so keen for everyone to be involved he sometimes is too deferential.

Walker is going to have a huge year. Almost at the fifty game mark and he will release Clark to be more attacking just by being in the side. I am hoping the back six encourages him to run and gun at least a few times a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching the video from afl.com from a couple of weeks ago it’s clear internally all at the club are on the same page and moving forward together.
This is very exciting times and I plan to be on this thread to enjoy it. 😁

Yaassss! I plan to be here and sprinkle the optimism around game day threads where I can.

If he turns out to be Michael Johnson MkII... Oh boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back