Review Cats defeat Crows by 19 at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Clark looks very small out there.

He wants to play crash and bang game but doesn’t have the size to do it fully effectively yet.

Getting games into him whilst winning is a real bonus.

Totally bummed about Danger looking like he will be out for a little bit… Be is still the main man around the middle of the ground and in contests for us.

I guess we can thank atkins injury for saving us from bad decision making then as shaun impacts too much to be sub.

Gave a very assured and confident interview to CH7, not taking any s**t when they questioned his shot and miss on goal. Says looks for the team, but likes a snag like any other forward. When we have Tuohey, Close and Gryan peppering the goals and previous hungry players too numerous to name (Menegola) I don't see why he's any different, getting paid to do it.

Clark looks very small out there.

He wants to play crash and bang game but doesn’t have the size to do it fully effectively yet.

Getting games into him whilst winning is a real bonus.

Totally bummed about Danger looking like he will be out for a little bit… Be is still the main man around the middle of the ground and in contests for us.
He plays like Selwood in his first year. Total disregard for his own safety. I hope he plays as many games as possible this year.

Gave a very assured and confident interview to CH7, not taking any s**t when they questioned his shot and miss on goal. Says looks for the team, but likes a snag like any other forward. When we have Tuohey, Close and Gryan peppering the goals and previous hungry players too numerous to name (Menegola) I don't see why he's any different, getting paid to do it.
Are you suggesting Close and Miers are hungry?

Duncan in Tuohy out? 10 day recovery. But if Danger is also out...?

Hard to predict bc we have a 5 day break and plane trip after the hawks game so a few old guys will either sit out the hawks game or the dogs game.
If i had to guess id say hawk will play hawks and not dogs (give him the milestone in melb).

Next week might look something like
Out: stanley tuohy (rested) danger (inj) mullin knevitt (omit)
In: duncan bruhn atkins conway bowes

But i also think parfitt will go out for structure.

Manna looks good, needs to lower the eyes but looks a great get already. SDK had another shocker, might need some time to regain confidence but kicking it to an 2v1, 4v2 when under no pressure just hurts so much. Stewarts ability to read the play and positioning is second to none. Kolo went up a level and is playing better then ever. Blitz has only got better with age. Mullin has all the attributes but just looks lost at times, feels like he's worried about making a mistake, doesn't look bad with ball in hand but is kinda just straddling. Will be really interesting to see what we look like without Danger because he is still our most important mid. Scary if we get Danger and Cam dominating.

Good strong win. Somewhat unexpected with the late outs and some youth playing different roles.

Only dampener is I understand at least 2 outs from tonight maybe 3. Danger is out for a “little while” and I have no idea who else. Not sure if it was obvious on tv?

If there were other injuries it makes it more strange that we didnt sub knevitt in earlier.

Are you suggesting Close and Miers are hungry?

If they're not, they should be. When it's warranted.
But no, have seen a few shots from others that could call ill advised at the very least.
Notice when players from any teamtry too hard, end up looking selfish- usually end of career in sight.

I thought Mullin was ok… but still feel like he just needs to work on getting the ball as much as possible in the VFL and building confidence.

Legit chuck him in ball in the VFL and let him go.

Locking down in the backline on someone and hardly getting a touch isn’t gonna fast track his hurt factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Hes a hard worker who knows what he can do and i dont mind that.

Stanley was terrible, hardly touched the ball, looked like a slow moving barge most of the night.
Its more structure. I dont think you can play all of bruhn atkins clark and parfitt in the same side. All are inside mids with no clear 2nd position (except back in atkins case but i doubt it happens).

Atkins wont go out and bruhn is best 22 now which means parfitt probably doesnt play if clark does-and clark is clearly a player they want to prioritise.

Knevitt and mullin will go out for bruhn and atkins (mannagh needs to stay in now) but i dont think that keeps parfitt in. He improves his chances if he keeps playing well though.
Parfitt is way ahead of Clark on tonight's performance. Clark really struggled against the big boys tonight, especially in contests, they brushed him aside on several occasions. Would not be surprised to see Clark given extended time in the Magoos. Parfitt was in Geelong's best and should be in the best 22 next game. Mullin still has a lot to learn, how to tackle for one. He has potential but is a bit lost at AFL level. Mannagh is lively but struggles with the speed of AFL. Maybe a good substitute at this stage.

Manna looks good, needs to lower the eyes but looks a great get already. SDK had another shocker, might need some time to regain confidence but kicking it to an 2v1, 4v2 when under no pressure just hurts so much. Stewarts ability to read the play and positioning is second to none. Kolo went up a level and is playing better then ever. Blitz has only got better with age. Mullin has all the attributes but just looks lost at times, feels like he's worried about making a mistake, doesn't look bad with ball in hand but is kinda just straddling. Will be really interesting to see what we look like without Danger because he is still our most important mid. Scary if we get Danger and Cam dominating.
SDK was alot better in the second half.. think we just have to ride the wave here.

Awesome win.

I don’t mind our list of injured players to return to that side:
  • Bowes
  • Bruhn
  • Rohan
  • C. Guthrie
    • Atkins
    • Duncan

Some quality to return.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good point, but Duncan will only be injured if Demi throws the gas.

Huge win, got to bank these early season games. Wins like this away interstate really set up a season.

A gutsy win, the pressure was great early. Geez Stewart is so good, it’s absurd how much he can control a game. I’m not even sure the commentators notice some of the stuff he does. We know about his intercept marking but he’s so strong, quick & balanced he can break or take a tackle and deliver to a teammate. And he spoils like the all time greats (which he now belongs with I think), like Doull & Enright - hits it to where he wants it to go, sometimes into the path of a teammate. Such a pity he didn’t hang on to that screamer!

I was watching Parfitt pretty closely, I wasn’t as impressed as some. He didn’t contribute much in the first half, got involved a bit more late, he’s always tackling, but still had a bit of that indecision with the ball, some of his 20 were kicks off the ground and a couple of rushed kicks. I dunno, I thought he’d go a little better given a full game with our outs, and he’s probably playing for his career. If he had a bit more zip & could get up and down the ground a bit quicker I’d be more forgiving. While forward and back we are very strong, the midfield is where we probably don’t quite stack up against the best outfits at the moment so I’m looking at it from that perspective.

I liked Mannagh’s competitiveness, & I like the look of Clark too. I think there’s a good future there with he & Bruhn in particular.

Crows 18 frees to Cats 9 frees.

Im not complaining about their 18 + 2x 50s… they pretty much seemed fair enough.

But I do not think we were given anywhere near the same treatment though.

I rarely mention umps but I thought it was obvious tonight that they were letting them slide much more than us with a few things.

It was just another obstacle we had to overcome.

Huge effort.

Adelaide are going nowhere imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back