Autopsy Gather round my fat hairy ass

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we the most punished team on turnovers....we'd have to be. I can't ever recall watching another team get killed on the scoreboard through turnovers as much as we do. And when it happens we look like chickens with their heads chopped off.

We have limited backline as it is and yet we can't keep the ball in our half of the ground for any meaningful period of time to give our defenders a break. Wouldn't surprise me if those guys are munted after every break.

This is gonna take a while....

Comben looked decent down back at times today.

Last edited:

Is there a more energy sapping, spirit crushing, momentum killing AFL player then Luke McDonald. Yet again gives away an unnecessary and idiotic 50 metre penalty that results in a goal for the opposition. When the going gets tough our youngsters have * all to look up to, to guide them, to inspire them and to protect them. It was awful watching today. Absolutely nothing. So many plodders running around collecting a pay cheque.
We never had any momentum.

Boy did we lose this one.

Probably firstly at the selection table. Not picking Sellers or Maley means we let Andrews or Payne play as a second KPD on Zurhaar or Greenwood or Curtis. On a narrow ground where we were forced to kick long into the forward line it has resulted in anal fissures for our attacking options

Greenwood did OK. Not his fault he's undersized.

Pretty happy with Chom. Some bad moments and some great ones too. I think he's a very good chance to play some serious footy as a defender

Make Corr walk home. Or leave him in Adelaide. Fcck me dead. LDU - get fit or give it up brother.

Can't wait for Hawkins/Cameron vs Corr/Dawson/Comben next week.
He needs to learn a defensive side no doubt, but he's getting no assistance. Whoever we play are just sitting 2 or 3 players on him because we're just hanging about and being reactive. Xerri is busting his guts but almost having to do it on his own. I hope to Christ he doesn't get injured.

I find myself watching a s**t load of neutral games just to get some football fix that isnt completely laden wuth anger and disappointment, so im glad theres a game after this at least.

Also, drop the *en captains. Both of them. Now. None of this "we need leadership" bullshit. We dont have any. Give someone else a go.
This. This is what is keeping any tiny patch of interest in footy for me and stopping the kids from completely jumping off AFL together
Roll on rest of weekend of games not involving North.

And also agree re: non leading from the front / setting example captains.

I'm sick of watching us play garbage unaccountable soft football. Had a gutful. No improvement in individual players or game plan. What the **** are doing during the week except polling players on whether it's parma or parmi.

How about stop goofing around and start taking it seriously. Until then the whole club can **** off

Are we the most punished team on turnovers....we'd have to be. I can't ever recall watching another team get killed on the scoreboard through turnovers as much as we do. And when it happens we look like chickens with their heads chopped off.

We have limited backline as it is and yet we can't keep the ball in our half of the ground for any meaningful period of time to give our defenders a break. Wouldn't surprise if those guys are munted after every break.

This is gonna take a while....

Comben looked decent down back at time today.
Our turnovers tend to be catastrophic - the overly ambitious handball out of a stoppage or in general - that gets intercepted, has all our players going the wrong way and so is served on a platter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our turnovers tend to be catastrophic - the overly ambitious handball out of a stoppage or in general - that gets intercepted, has all our players going the wrong way and so is served on a platter.
I’m still trying to understand why as a North player you would push hard forward knowing we will turn it over?

Not turning it over is the exception, not the rule.

Is there a more energy sapping, spirit crushing, momentum killing AFL player then Luke McDonald. Yet again gives away an unnecessary and idiotic 50 metre penalty that results in a goal for the opposition. When the going gets tough our youngsters have * all to look up to, to guide them, to inspire them and to protect them. It was awful watching today. Absolutely nothing. So many plodders running around collecting a pay cheque.
No

I knew we were in for a bad one when in the opening 45 seconds Aiden Corr got stuck on Charlie Cameron and opened their scoring with the easiest of goals.

Glad I made the pilgrimage across to Adelaide. It took a bit of effort and organising to get there. Shame the club couldn’t organise an AFl quality footy team to attend. next year
I applaud anyone that watches or attends
I try and play golf or do anything else and just get updates on phone
Mowing the lawn, anything, I just don’t see it, I’m sorry. We are years away.

I’m no ruck expert. From the couch looks like xerri is one of the only shining stars / improvers this year. But we aren’t winning the contest. Is it our mids or I wonder is it the drop zone tap?

I’m also so over our players selling the next guy into immediate danger. We can see it a mile a way. Once again it’s the senior guys the biggest culprits. Maybe we are just trying too many handballs to make our way down the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back