Best 5 vs Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t see it getting better until we get some of our midfielders back

Although on the bright side Lefau looks like he can be a player

Bolton, Miller and Mansell all had a decent games

Campbell, Rioli Jr and Sonsie had some nice moments

Honestly not even mad. You can't have as many injuries to our best 22 and expect to win at this level. Even against WC.

Just need to keep developing players. Will pay off longer term. Especially as we'll probably lose more experience and leadership this off season with maybe Dusty and Grimes to go at least, maybe along with Baker if he doesn't sign.

Good news is that it doesn't get much worse than losing to WC this bad. I mean, Melbourne could do us by 100 points but they are a top 4 side so it's expected.

Last edited:

I enjoyed our 4 frees to 3 quarter time before the cover up attempt in the last. Not much else outside of opemomg 10 minutes

Lefau improving every week. I was laughed at last week but it’s true.

Shai the best player on our list

Dusty didn’t look like he gave a heck

McAuliffe had been held back clearly for a reason. The poor kid looked lost.

We gotta be patient but at the end of the day, we played half a VFL TEAM

Good first quarter, but I think what eventuated was always bound to happen. Miller and Young obviously got monstered today by a bloke that had his grand final, but EVERY player in the history of the game has had a game where they got smashed - so go easy on them.

Promising signs from a few youngsters, and that exactly what I wanted to see today. Glad McAuliffe got some more game time, and Lefau looked like he belonged. s**t news about Short, but to be honest, the way he's been playing this year, it really isn't a major loss as if it was yesteryear.

Look forward to next week against the bye - I reckon we're in for a chance.

We're looking like we are in a not so good era now, but it's fine. First year coach and the kids look promising. We spent most of last year without a coach and we've got a lot of injury problems - and hey, the last time we had a first year coach was in 2010, and we didn't win a game until round 10 - 9 losses with 8 of them beltings. I much prefer this than to that!

Well, to quote the mayor of Hiroshima - “what the heck was that?”
Delete the tape, sack the medical team, have a week off, go again against the Shemons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least 10 players need to be dropped..., but with our fantastic fitness staff - the cupboard is bare.

I see absolutely zero advantage/reason to play Pickett and to a slightly lesser extent KMac. Both bring nothing to the table and aren't part of any sort of future whatsoever.

Pickett is deadset lazy and for a so called tough guy he plays soft. Weak as piss Marlon. Pack your bags and * off

Would have been nice if a couple of the young guys had good games but apart from Mansell they were all dismal.

I think we may have the worst under 25 lost in the comp. Behind Baker, Balta and Bolton, there isn't much to get excited about. The woes of being successful i guess.

Young, Miller and Kozi were all deplorable. Was hoping to see something out of McAullife, HRS, Sonsie Dow or Campbell but they were all invisible.

Lefeau was great as were Bolton and Mansell. Picket and KMac were inspid. Kozi not worth a mention.

Out: Short, kozi
In: grimes, Ryan

We need expierence.

McAuliffe had been held back clearly for a reason. The poor kid looked lost.

I think he looked lost because we're trying to play too many through the midfield, and thus, when an actual midfielder like McAuliffe is picked, he's wedged at HF.

We all loved McAuliffe's cameo against the Saints, and he clearly looked of the level then, and why was that? Because he was at the stoppage trying to win the contested ball. Not because he was coming off of HF to pressure or take a mark from a hack kick.

Back