Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

We were port Adelaide now we are a bunch of sissy's worrying about some bloke saying he is pissed off about being suspended..

Geeks
Simply because we know how the AFL works these days.
They could easily throw the book at him.

If he cops treble the suspension, well that's on him, and he made the mistake, so he has to cop it.

But it has the potential to turn into a catastrophe for him - and more importantly, the club - which is far more important to me.

People have every right to express their annoyance at perceived injustices towards them, no issue with that.

But........ they can't expect most other people to defend them if they bring more injustice on themselves, and their employer (PAFC) through their own stupidity.

Once again... Genuine question... How many people commenting here have heard the audio and how many are reacting based on the words in print? The words in print, taken out of context by organizations who have an interest in generating outrage and clicks? I haven't heard the audio, but I can easily imagine a context and tone applies to the words he said where I have ZERO issues with what was said. Also half the people here were saying Port should have stuck up for him on the suspension! If the AFL act based on his comments, then they do, and we can all live in that world where there were actual repercussions, like it or lump it. For now it has zero impact on me or anyone else but potentially, the AFL. Zero impact, for now, on the PAFC. So instead.of the AFL doing their own dirty work, they've got all of us bagging him out and doing it for them.

And yes, I did read the comments he made clarifying his position.

Just why do it in the first bloody place?
Or more to the point, why didn't they edit the podcast to include such clarification in the first place?

Amateur stuff.
Did you listen to it and did you have an issue with it before you read all of the associated press?

Have listened to it and read it and it was unnecessary and stupid.

I've listened to it too and would not for a moment have thought he meant what his clarifying comments stated.

Anyway maybe now he will just keep quiet about it.

I've listened to it too and would not for a moment have thought he meant what his clarifying comments stated.

Anyway maybe now he will just keep quiet about it.

He needs a lengthy holiday imo and concentrate on the important things in life. It is very obvious and understandably so that football and such things associated with football are not his main priority right now. The club imo are doing him a great disservice by not prioritising his mental health and well-being.

But don't you want to wag your morally superior finger at everyone?

Is anyone doing that here?

Do I think he's homophobic? I have no idea. Probably not, but he hasn't covered himself in glory, and the podcast just muddied the waters and made it seem like his apology was inauthentic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't heard the audio, but I can easily imagine a context and tone applies to the words he said where I have ZERO issues with what was said.

I haven't heard the audio (don't reckon I'm the target audience for Kellie Finlayson's podcasts), but I also find the context you're describing more difficult to imagine given that the episode in question has been pulled and the club has been moved to help Finlayson lie about creatively reimagine "clarify" his remarks.

I haven't heard the audio (don't reckon I'm the target audience for Kellie Finlayson's podcasts), but I also find the context you're describing more difficult to imagine given that the episode in question has been pulled and the club has been moved to help Finlayson lie about creatively reimagine "clarify" his remarks.
The words were ripped out of any possible context and plastered over Twitter before they pulled the episode. You don't think the club pulled them as a reaction to that?

Also, are you actually pissed off at what he said or are you pissed off at the resulting attention? You think it's possible there's a world where he regrets what he said, was genuine in his apology AND is pissed off at being suspended for 3 games? I think there were are large contingent of people on this board that thought what he said was wrong, thought it was right to apologize AND were also angry at the length of the suspension. Sorry, not aimed at you, but people in general.

Last edited:
The words were ripped out of any possible context and plastered over Twitter before they pulled the episode. You don't think the club pulled them as a reaction to that?

No, I do not think that.

Also, are you actually pissed off at what he said or are you pissed off at the resulting attention?

Both.

I think Finlayson was, on balance, lucky to escape with a three week suspension. I believe he was complaining about receiving a suspension, and I don't think he should be complaining that he was mistreated. I think doing so undermines the sincerity of his previous apologies.

I think serial offender and all around terrible bloke Alastair Clarkson was far luckier to escape with a suspended ban and a fine, but I don't think Finlayson is capable of walking the narrow path of calling out the inconsistency without drawing the wrong kind of attention to himself and the club.

You think it's possible there's a world where he regrets what he said, was genuine in his apology AND is pissed off at being suspended for 3 games?

Yes. I think that kind of cognitive dissonance is quite likely to be the case.

Sorry, not aimed at you, but people in general.

No apology necessary.

Last edited:
Original comment - not the end of the world but definitely a genuine issue, a bad look and a bad thing.
This new pissed off comment, storm meet teacup.

He brought it up though. He wasn't even being asked about the suspension and got backed into a corner. He could've talked about whatever in this stupid segment. For that matter it wasn't a live interview either so at some point he or his wife could've listened to the audio and went "yeah this isn't necessary to mention".

I honestly don't think there's a single person in this thread who thinks a bloke saying he is pissed off is offensive. Most people would assume he was referring to being pissed off with himself not with the sanction. But why even mention it? Even if there wasn't the slightest grey area in his wording, why even go back to the topic? We all know how the AFL media works, it runs with a story and collects whatever collateral damage it does along the way, but then something else comes up and the media moves on. He's already had his name dragged. But then the media moved on. Why do something that risks the story starting again? Because lo and behold, that's exactly what has happened now. Its just so ******* stupid.
Why even mention it!
Why not mention it.
The afl is a sh#t show controlling any thing and everything that comes out a players mouth. Finlayson should not have said his first comment but to express his disappointment at the three weeks is definitely not wrong.
The afl is worse than North Korea with their disgusting agendas shoving filth and garbage down our throats. They can't even run their own business properly then cross over into a nazi dictatorship of moral pissants.

Why even mention it!
Why not mention it.
The afl is a sh#t show controlling any thing and everything that comes out a players mouth. Finlayson should not have said his first comment but to express his disappointment at the three weeks is definitely not wrong.
The afl is worse than North Korea with their disgusting agendas shoving filth and garbage down our throats. They can't even run their own business properly then cross over into a nazi dictatorship of moral pissants.
lol comparing the AFL to North Korea is a little over the top 🤣🤣🤣

Doing it real tough in one of the AFL's labour camps are you, little fella? Arbeit macht fussball?

Probably just proves that most players, even though they are of this weakened generation think that these sort of "slurs" are fine and don't believe they should be punished at all, but toe the company line and gargle what the AFL/Media Managers tell them to say because their incomes rely on it. Its not what they really think.
It doesn't matter what they think. There's a code of conduct in pretty much every league in the country that would forbid such behaviour and punish it accordingly. It's a rule, just like no belting blokes, no gambling on yourself, blah blah blah, and many footballers who earn no incomes still manage to follow it in games.

What kind of podcast just involves you asking your husband questions? That's not a podcast, that's someone recording tea time, and with due respect to the participants, who is the target audience?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back