Preview 2024 Rd 7 Carlton v Geelong Saturday 27 April 4:35PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over to the Game Day thread …

Anyway, another week and we have another opponent to knock off the top of the ladder, keep doing that and eventually we will be up there ourselves.

Young played on Cameron last year iirc, he kicked 7 and Hawkins kicked 1.
Yeah, I was trying to imagine how effective young might be playing on Cameron and this is what I envisaged. A shellacking.

Hopefully he learnt a little out of that and will do a better job if he plays on him this week (my guess is he will).

They’ll bring Stanley back - look to break even at stoppage and score from turnovers and D50 chains

Can't believe this guy is still playing?

would be 35?

I seem to recall he saved his good games for us

Yes, I've seen him play (not live).

Define nowhere near it, then do Orazio....
Lacks the fitness to play with any sustained intensity at AFL level. Body's not developed. Add in fatigue and he'll be ragdolled.

Fantasia isn't doing much, but he doesn't do much wrong. Covers the ground well, applies pressure and makes things happen when he gets the ball. Needs to get (much) more involved but looking more comfortable by the week.

I've always been fascinated with comparing summary stats from VFL output to AFL stats as a basis for weekly changes

Currently, i think a player like Moir could have great moments at AFL level, but unfortunately he would lack the fitness to impact the game consistently when we don't have the pill

I believe it will be the same as last week, forced changes only

Weiters on Hawkins…

But, which player from the Lions played on Cameron last week? Do we have a similar player? He went goalless!

Keeping these two quiet will make it a lot easier for our win this weekend

Blues by 13points :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edit: Not convinced on Young. Looking at his stats v GWS ... hardly touched the ball with 100% game time.
AF rating - 16 where 60 is just an ok game

What that rating doesn't show is how he stepped up and took responsibility for Hogan when Weitering was hobbling after his corkie. He won't rack up the possessions particularly when he's a punch rather than mark defender.

He did the basics correct and kept Hogan from having an impact

I'm not sold on him either but he deserves a little credit for his game against GWS

Hopefully the slog in the wet slows them down later in the game…clutching at straws I know
I think we’ll go close some tough match ups, Cameron, Stengle and Myers…Hopeful we can get some troops back, last weeks win will have given our boys so much belief

Our lads had better hold their marks then.

An advantage can also be a disadvantage depending on perspective!

View attachment 1967218

After edging a luckless Saints at KP, this is their form line - not really a lot to write home about... noting the Lions lost Big O early in Q2 and the game was played in abysmal conditions.

I simply don't see it with them.

View attachment 1967221

Conceding their Brisbane game was in the wet, they have got their offence in good nick averaging 109 points prior to last week and their oppo averaging just 75. They do score a lot from stoppage which we dominated in last week so this will be a fascinating game through the midfield.

Gonna need our team D at its best Saturday night. Formidable opponent in great form but we generally stack up well against them and reckon we'll get it done again. Blues by 15 points.

Hopefully the slog in the wet slows them down later in the game…clutching at straws I know
I think we’ll go close some tough match ups, Cameron, Stengle and Myers…Hopeful we can get some troops back, last weeks win will have given our boys so much belief

Lions play before them so we’ll see how they go.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelong board doesn't have their game preview thread up yet? Laaame. Want to see their perspective with how the match-ups will go.
They will just get 15 players back in our F50 get it to ground and slingshot out of there with overlap run & speed.

Just hope the wet conditions last week exposes some heavy legs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back