Review Round 7 = Essendon 85-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy Moore 23 disposals, 8 marks, 11 intercepts

Oh captain, my captain

One pretty good quarter, but that alone is rarely enough. I won’t blame innacurate kicking as the downfall, since Essendon got the same amount of behinds, but it certainly didn’t help matters. Carlton next. Reset, and go again.

I am a traditionalist, so I don’t want extra time. The draw is what makes our sport sacred.

That said, what the f$&k were we doing letting them get a run on, then failing to score ourselves in the last 15 minutes, trying to protect a one point lead?!!

I couldn’t have done better, but I’m flaming mad we got belted in Q1, came hard and reeled them in, and let them walk away with a share of the points.

Just leaves me so uncertain about next week now. If they pull that sh!t against the blues, we won’t be catching them.

Also, on the subject of Carlton, F&%K Mitch McGovern for the 2017 draw. Langdon still owes us for that butchered kick out to the flank, and then letting the Crows take mark of the millennium to have their score tying opportunity.

Show some respect to Essendon. Nobody giving them the respect they deserve. They’re a good team this year.

Had our chances, but so did they
But for the first 7 minutes they did nothing.

Freebies all day, we did nothing, and they still failed.

Essendon are doing nothing this year. Pure yo-yo team.

I am a traditionalist, so I don’t want extra time. The draw is what makes our sport sacred.

That said, what the f$&k were we doing letting them get a run on, then failing to score ourselves in the last 15 minutes, trying to protect a one point lead?!!

I couldn’t have done better, but I’m flaming mad we got belted in Q1, came hard and reeled them in, and let them walk away with a share of the points.

Just leaves me so uncertain about next week now. If they pull that sh!t against the blues, we won’t be catching them.

There was a typo at three quarter time, the 2 minute strategy became the 22 minute strategy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is going on with JDG this season. Apparently champion data have him as having the worst disposal in the competition and watching him today I can see why. He needs to pull his finger out and clean up his act, with our older guys clearly slowing down we can't get away with poor disposal from our key middle/younger players. I thought he let us down today and needed to be alot better.

Sidey & Mitchel in particular looked like window shoppers today.

I don't understand what Elliott was doing at HF when he was running around in circles. He had Crisp on his own at CHF, and ran away from him....Crisp gets that ball, he runs inside F50 and has a clear shot at goal... Game Over.....

Yeah he could have kicked over the top too. Had some options. We threw away some chances in the last but the numbers had the best chance to pinch it with Langford.

Do we keep the cup given we are the current holders?

Felt like we got obliterated around the ball today, keen to see Sullivan get an opportunity at AFL level.

If our midfield plays like that against Carlton it will be a long long long night.
True

Remove this Banner Ad

Back