Autopsy Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

That interesting, I made this comment elsewhere that King is starting to get a bit of a Billings feel about him.
Unfortunately one of the strengths you need in elite sport is resilience if you want to succeed as a high draft pick.
He's kicked 50 goals in a single season as a 21 year old, averages just shy of two a game at 23 and you're comparing him to Jack Billings, get a ****ing grip please

I've known many of these guys, the private school boys who always had everything go their way because they were smart or attractive or good at footy or whatever. Never facing adversity until you're 20+ and in a pressure cooker elite sports environment isn't the best for building resilience.
Don’t want to have an argument but you realise Sinclair & Billings were best mates at Scotch and Windy & Mitch are Haileybury & Mentone Grammar?

Reality is almost all the gun kids are on sports scholarships at elite schools. Ps Sinclair & Billings paid full fees.

Max King should watch tapes of Bailey Fritsch if he thinks he's a forward...and Jezza if he thinks he's a superstar.

Don’t want to have an argument but you realise Sinclair & Billings were best mates at Scotch and Windy & Mitch are Haileybury & Mentone Grammar?

Reality is almost all the gun kids are on sports scholarships at elite schools. Ps Sinclair & Billings paid full fees.
I went to a prematch function in Launny a few years ago. Billings parents were there in outfits they probably dropped 1K ea for

Membrey's Dad was there in his Yakka truckie work clothes

I know who Id rather have chatted to

Also, with King, in his junior days, as is now, he was described as being tall with athleticism. He was never described as being a contested beast. And even with the kG he has put on, he still is not this. So for people to be saying he should move up the ground or be more combative, it is more like its never been in his repertoire. And comparing him to Reiwoldt who had a tank on him like no-one & was a combative beast, is just ridiculous.

We're not easing Windy in there

I have completely lost patience watching Mitch played out of position

Maybe they want to see Mitch show a bit more there before they give him more time?

Most matches he gets a bit of a run in the middle, (10-15 mins) and generally he doesn't do much.

No doubt he can be a good mid in the end if he wants too but I reckon he has as much learning to do in that space as he does as a forward and he wants to be a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've mentioned this a few times before but I always think you can read a bit into the coaches comments when they single players out by name in a positive sense. Generally it indicates they are in the coach's good books and won't be dropped any time soon. Seb Ross has been a classic example over the journey.

Interestingly, Lyon talked up Windhager today. He also mentioned Steele's game in a tagging role on LDU. He's always been a wrap for Pou and whilst I agree a run at Sandy won't hurt him I reckon someone will have to twist RTB's arm first.

He also said Henry will be straight back in next week so lock that in.

I went to a prematch function in Launny a few years ago. Billings parents were there in outfits they probably dropped 1K ea for

Membrey's Dad was there in his Yakka truckie work clothes

I know who Id rather have chatted to
Not commenting on who you thought were more down to earth - just saying Billings and Sincs had very similar backgrounds- one is a 2 time AA - the other hasn’t lived up to what we all hoped for.

My only reason for bringing up King in a trade was based off the hypothetical that we could get a young elite midfielder for him.

If Gold Coast offered Noah Anderson? North LDU?

Plenty of top sides have had average forwardlines. None of them have had average midfields.
A ruck and an elite junior might work.

Darcy and Erasmus.

Moyle and Lukosius.

Madden and Leek Aleer.

Our disposals are still not up to scratch. Especially from our backline.
That's one aspect of the team that keeps bugging me.

Delivery up foward is still quite a concern.

How was Brad Hill's pass to his uncle(he was sitting about 6 rows back from the fence) in the crowd at the Southern end.....in the 2nd qtr.

Absolute pin point accuracy.....almost laserish....

Incredible....

:) :)

Just watched the presser, fmd who's the reporter :tearsofjoy:

What modern journalism has become always fishing for controversy.
"
Will this become a rivalry game because of what happened preseason"

"Did you say anything about Wilson staying on" - yeh I did, 'good contest' lol

"Will you play north in finals in a few years" :dizzy:

how much do they get paid because I've been looking for a career change and a passed grade 3 in flying colours.

The story of the game is Wilson and Hayes... and King for all the wrong reasons.

King needs to be sent to Sandy.

Hayes will be better that but gee doesn't he make us look better forward of centre.

Wilson could be the whole package.
King is living on reputation

Max King should watch tapes of Bailey Fritsch if he thinks he's a forward...and Jezza if he thinks he's a superstar.

Bailey gets a lot of criticism from Dee's fans at times

Also Max kicks more goals per game 1.9 vs 1.7, has played less games and is 4 years younger.

Its not always greener on the other side when we look at oposition players.

Last edited:
Just watched the presser, fmd who's the reporter :tearsofjoy:

What modern journalism has become always fishing for controversy.
"
Will this become a rivalry game because of what happened preseason"

"Did you say anything about Wilson staying on" - yeh I did, 'good contest' lol

"Will you play north in finals in a few years" :dizzy:

how much do they get paid because I've been looking for a career change and a passed grade 3 in flying colours.
And you come
Across that way

Some are rich some are sports scholars.

I know Tom Scully was one, he was a Berwick High School until he got a scholarship.

You need some state school kids in the team,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back