The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best first half by us in a while, no early goal conceded either. A good break between games really helps.
I was saying this to my friend, havent had a break between games in forever and with injuries on top of playing the same guys every week, the form eventually caught up with us. Have a week off, refresh and suddenly we looked far more like our old selves again.

The biggest difference was there was nothing riding on it

Pressure release. Didn't matter if we scored. Freed up and suddenly started popping them in from everywhere. The pressure of the chase had got to us

We had plenty of the ball in the other games, plenty of shots

A good result, happy to somewhat end Spurs' chances of CL football.

I just want to win the last couple of games and send Jurgen out in style. It was good to get back to our best, at least for the first 70 or so minutes, a dodgy last 20 conceding twice but again we could have scored 2-3 in the final 20 minutes too.

Great to see Baj back, he didnt play great, looked rusty as ****, but hope he plays more in the last couple of games.

This morning told us two things:

• the fixture congestion had caught up with us
  • the emotional pressure had caught up with us

Once those disappeared, we played with freedom and performed accordingly. Chances are we put Villa and Wolves to the sword and finish strongly.

This morning told us two things:

• the fixture congestion had caught up with us
  • the emotional pressure had caught up with us

Once those disappeared, we played with freedom and performed accordingly. Chances are we put Villa and Wolves to the sword and finish strongly.

That period where we had about 13 fit first team players really took its toll. Szo needs a holiday after the Euros even if it means missing the first week or two of next season.

Apparently Darwin has deleted all his LFC photos from his insta… I don’t use that s**t so maybe someone can confirm?

Can confirm. He hasn't done the same on Twitter, but apparently he's blocking some fan accounts. So obviously not in a great place at the moment in his relationship with the supporter base and the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back