2014 Moto GP

Remove this Banner Ad

Yamaha have aleady come forward stating they don't have a problem sharing a spec ECU with other manufactures as long as they can develop it themselves. I'm pretty sure Livio Suppo said the same for Honda. It was a bit of a mess how Dorna introduced the rules so close to a season! The Factory teams are already calling for the Open class to lose the extra soft Bridgestone tyre but tbh i like how it has bought the rest of the field closer!

Last edited:
A bummer that Gavin Emmett isn't commentating this year.He's nowjust a reporter for some mob called BTsport,whichalso features James Toseland

Great win by Jack Miller and even better was his Scott McLaughlin like media interview afterwards.
Hopefully Jack's sidekick Arthur Sississ is back next race.

Jacky boy!! Saw a few complain he landed the plumb role at Aki Ajo's team, that he didn't deserve the ride but he's certainly shut them up. Obvious to say, but he's absolutely a title contender to hopefully break the Spanish stranglehold on GP racing at the moment.

Marc Marquez makes it two from two.

I usually hate early, over-the-top calls of doom, but this season is dead already. Unless Marc gets injured or crook, the title's already his.

Hopefully this is a sign of his competition next year...
400x311-images-ARCHIVIO-2014-Foto-MOTOGP-02_TEXAS-GARA-stoner.jpg

Very funny start to the Moto GP race.Lorenzo on the 2nd row just took off before the green lights came on.His jump start was so bad that at the end of the 1st lap he went straight into pitlane to serve the ride-thru he knew he would get.Think he finished 10th.

That's the worst jump start I've seen in bike racing since Scott Russell at the Laguna round of WSB in 1998! Credit to him, no excuses and publicly apologised to his team.

Stayed up the last 2 GPs and Jack has made it worth it! what a strong ride! Pole by over 3 tenths of a second and then led every lap which is rare for a Moto3 race. He was a demon on the brakes at turn 12 when Fenati and Vasquez were side on to him and he won out every time. Onya Jack! Love his interviews and Podium antics as well, very refreshing style. Rins and Alex Marquez struggling early on already. Agree with Klyntonius about Marquez at the moment as well. He's a freak! Pedrosa and Valentino don't seem to be able to beat him and Jorge has just had an absolute nightmare start to the season. That jump start was incredible. I was watching him off the grid to see if he got his trademark hole shot but then that happened! Was thinking the same thing the whole Moto2 race with Ant West as well. Twice now he has had top ten finishes from the back of the grid! Needs to work hard on Qualifying. Also big ups to Maverick Vinales a Moto2 victory in his second ever Moto2 race. He could be a special one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Foxtel coverage has been wicked this year so far. No ad breaks during races, Shows all FP sessions QP sessions Warm Up and races across all 3 classes where ONE would only show MotoGP QP and the 3 races last year and now they don't televise QP and only show the MotoGP races this year. If i didn't have foxtel i would buy a MotoGP video pass.

Aussie Jack finished 3rd in the Moto 3 race.He was in the lead coming into the final chicane that leads into the finish line but Romano Fenati dived down the inside whacking into Miller & Alex Marquez and sending them wide to pinch the win.Both rides were pissed at Fenati and the result was investigated but stood,although officials later gave Fenati a 'One point penalty' [assume that's on his licence],so in other words they've said he's guilty :rolleyes:

Aussie Jack finished 3rd in the Moto 3 race.He was in the lead coming into the final chicane that leads into the finish line but Romano Fenati dived down the inside whacking into Miller & Alex Marquez and sending them wide to pinch the win.Both rides were pissed at Fenati and the result was investigated but stood,although officials later gave Fenati a 'One point penalty' [assume that's on his licence],so in other words they've said he's guilty :rolleyes:
I was so flat after that race! I thought Jack played it beautifully. Allowed Marquez through on the last lap to take advantage of the slip stream down the back straight and go through on Fenati then followed up with a great pass on Marquez then on the penultimate corner gets a nice big shove from Fenati which relegates him from 1st to third. I'm pretty sure the penalty point is one world championship point, so instead of 25 points he gets 24. It was an aggressive move but i don't think you can take the win away from Fenati especially if Marquez pass on Jorge at Jerez last year wasn't penalised. Felt really sorry for jack and he was pretty angry and upset in Parc ferme! Can hardly wait for his responce at Jerez this week! Cmon Jack!

Also again Ant West qualifies horribly in 20th and works his way to 8th in the race before and oil leak relegated him to 12th.

Last edited:
I only saw the Moto3 race but it was (typically) a cracker. Miller rode a great race, his tactic appeared to be to lead as much as possible and he timed his run almost perfect. Fenati was aggressive but I didn't have a problem with him, certainly no worse than Marquez on Lorenzo last year. Hopefully Jack can leave it behind without a grudge.

Ant West managed to finish a strong 12th position despite carry a bellypan half full of oil for most of the race.

1932212_685364331510163_3781866290265502326_n.jpg

By the looks of the times, MotoGP appeared to be another snorefest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back