2014 season

Remove this Banner Ad

looking forward to the game ,remember its at raiders ground ,hopefully both sides come through unscathed with saints up

Round 1 this week and not much to talk about on here obviously...

Any late signings at clubs to write home about?
What's the verdict from Saturdays match, were R'glen good or Saints bad?

Tips for round 1
Barny v Thurgoona - Barny by 7 pts at home
R'glen v Wahgunyah - Rglen better for another hitout, at home to win by 19pts
KSC v Mitta - KSC by 25pts, the hawks to hit ground running, key forwards to dominate
DMB v Yack - DMB by 8 goals, yack wont be able to stop the bradshaws
T'gatta v Bworth - B'worth by 9 pts.
Chiltern v Saints - Chiltern 42 pts.

Some good matches this weekend, cant wait to get back into it.

With the season upon us now who are the top 5 players from each team.
Good questions, why don't you start us off!
How about best player at each club?
DMB: Bradshaw
Yack: Castles
Thurgoona: ???
Mitta: Gorupic
Tallangatta: Smith
Chilitern: Doolan
Barnawartha: Cook

Etc.

Tips this week
Wahgunyah over Rutherglen 13pts
Tall over B/Worth 29pts
KSC over Mitta 8pts
DMB over Yack 36pts
Chiltern over Saints 14pts
Thurgoona over Barny 31pts

Good questions, why don't you start us off!
How about best player at each club?
DMB: Bradshaw
Yack: Castles
Thurgoona: ???
Mitta: Gorupic
Tallangatta: Smith
Chilitern: Doolan
Barnawartha: Cook

Etc.
Barny:Mcneil
Beech:Carey
Chiltern:Doolan
Dederang:Dale Lappin
Kiewa:Jas Bartel
Mitta:Tys Gorupic
Ruth:kay
Tallangatta:smith
Thurgoona:Melier
Wahgunyah:Jones
Wod Saints:Trethowan
Yack:Castles

Top 5:
Kiewa Premier
Mitta runner up
Thurgoona
Dederang

Wahgunyah
Barny
Rutherglen
to battle it out for 5th

Tallangatta Spoon:
Barton:Gorupic

this week
Wahgunyah over Ruth 22pts
Beechworth over tall 18 pts
Kiewa over mitta 6 goals
Ded over yack 5 goals
Chiltern over saints 20 pts
Thurgoona over Barny 6 goals
Hopefully this gives some life to this struggling thread.... Hume leagues thread is way more impressive!
Are they a better league??

If he's there best, good luck winning a premiership
Can not believe i paid to watch the game today... travelled out to barnawartha and thurgoona didnt show up! Not sure how how strong each team was but from the game myself and a couple of old timers watched... barny were too good!! Im told there full forward from last year wasnt playing either... also the umpires in blue was ridiculous! Get back to fluro...

If he's there best, good luck winning a premiership
is that a swipe at fowler or thurgoona? not sure how much footy you have seen, but there is a bit of difference between o&m and tallangatta league. not many forwards in the league his size and defenders for that matter. if thurgoona are not successful this season, it wont be for the lack of goals from fowler, it will be their continued lack of being able to find some tough inside midfielders, far too many front runners for my liking.

towled up by barny today, but 6 in losing team with little prep isn't a bad start from the big fella

is that a swipe at fowler or thurgoona? not sure how much footy you have seen, but there is a bit of difference between o&m and tallangatta league. not many forwards in the league his size and defenders for that matter. if thurgoona are not successful this season, it wont be for the lack of goals from fowler, it will be their continued lack of being able to find some tough inside midfielders, far too many front runners for my liking.

towled up by barny today, but 6 in losing team with little prep isn't a bad start from the big fella
Not a go at him or the club, just saying if there best player is a bloke nearing 40 they might be struggling

this week
Wahgunyah over Ruth 22pts
Beechworth over tall 18 pts
Kiewa over mitta 6 goals
Ded over yack 5 goals
Chiltern over saints 20 pts
Thurgoona over Barny 6 goals
Hopefully this gives some life to this struggling thread.... Hume leagues thread is way more impressive!
Are they a better league??

Not sure if they are a better League from a football point of view, but certainly better in other aspects. Hume thread seems to discuss football, this one just used to snipe & take potshots. That's why posters have turned away. (Before you bag me - my opinion only)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair call Albert Park, Let talk footy people!!

I made my way to Barny as well on Saturday, Thurgoona were pretty disappointing early. They just couldn't match Barny's Run although that died at half time. McNeil was brilliant early, Spence seemed to upset the dogs players a bit, he was in and out of the game, beaten on the day I'd say.
Fowler was good for a big bloke who has only trained for a few weeks as it said in the Paper.
Any other thoughts?

i think Barny have proved they will once again be the team to beat. I didn't go the game but sounds similar to last years final where they were exposed for their lack of speed. Hard to guage mitta and kiewa with the amount of outs. Good to see saints win

Tips for this week
Saints over Tall 33pts
Thurgoona over Chiltern 48pts
Barny over Wahgunyah 34pts
Yack over Rutherglen 17pts
K.S.C. over Beechworth 45pts
Mitta over D.M.B. 21pts

Round 2 tips
Saints v T'gatta - Saints to continue on their winning ways - 9pts
Thurg v Chilt - Chiltern to hit back after a dissapointing loss last week and get up over the Bulldogs - 1pt
Wahg v Barny - Barny to add some percentage, 68pts
Yack v Rglen - Yack by 7pts at home
Bworth v KSC - KSC too strong, 49pts
Mitta v DMB - Eskdales ground will suit DMBs press, DMB by 23pts

Most games fairly predictable this week.
Thurgoona v Chiltern. Dogs will bounce back after last weeks disappointing effort. Still have a class lineup can't see them losing 2 in a row, dogs by 32
Saints v Tallangatta. Both teams will be desperate to win this one to keep in touch with the pack, saints by 5 goals at home.
Wahgunya v Barny. Heavy ground really won't suit barny's running capabilities but should win comfortably here by 42 points.
Yack v Rutherglen. Yack will really want to show something here to justify their big wraps in the paper. It will be a low scoring affair at the swamp with the cats winning 49-44.
Beechworth v KSC. Beechworth shown some improvement this year but not enough to win this one. Kiewa by 45 points.
Mitta v DMB. Match of the round. DMB snuck under the radar a bit considering they were pretty much a flag monty until the wheels fell off last year. Limit he supply to the forwards and Mitta will win, and on paper they have them covered. Mitta by 16.
This seasons is really going to be a war of attrition considering the ridiculous amount of time between the last bye of the season and the actual end of the year. Early wins will be crucial as always but the teams that reach the pointy end without injury will come home with wet sails.

What's going on in the Tallangatta League. I thought the more money you spent the better you would be but I just heard that Thurgoona and Dederang both lost. Better get the cheque books out and spend a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's going on in the Tallangatta League. I thought the more money you spent the better you would be but I just heard that Thurgoona and Dederang both lost. Better get the cheque books out and spend a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you serious Team Captain? You really have no idea do you. Just because teams have good players doesn't mean they spend huge money to get them, ever thought that it is convenient or they have family or friends playing at a club. You don't need to spend huge money to get players to a successful club

Are you serious Team Captain? You really have no idea do you. Just because teams have good players doesn't mean they spend huge money to get them, ever thought that it is convenient or they have family or friends playing at a club. You don't need to spend huge money to get players to a successful club
Just wondering Arm Chair what do you deem HUGE MONEY? me personally anything over $300 per game is big dollars but as i say thats just my personal opinion,but would you agree there are clubs paying alot more than that also what about there coach's what sort of money do you think they would be getting from bottom dollar to the top dollar

Just wondering Arm Chair what do you deem HUGE MONEY? me personally anything over $300 per game is big dollars but as i say thats just my personal opinion,but would you agree there are clubs paying alot more than that also what about there coach's what sort of money do you think they would be getting from bottom dollar to the top dollar
Enough of the money talk. Whatever each club does with its money is for them to sort out. What about weekend footy games. Chiltern over thurgoona, Mitta smashing dmb and heard wahgunyah had Barny but let it slip. Anyone see these games.

I know this is not a netball forum but been hearing some mums talk about the inter league selections for the junior netball. Apparently done very professionally UNTIL they announce that girls who did not attend any selections will be selected and that they are going to go out looking for girls to play. Apparently lots of young girls turned up, just wandering how this looks to them. I say play the ones who turned up sometimes that is better than those who can't be bothered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back