2014 season

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit unususal for a Mitta player to try and assault someone whilst they werent looking.......

Doesn’t read like there was too much in it.
Probably more like the Border mail trying to sensationalise the incident by naming Mitta.
Granted Hales plays for Mitta – 2 weeks prior to X’mas Mitta or any other TDFL club would have no control over what their players are up to.
There are lot worse things going on at the moment than this petty incident.
Then again Porch monkey if that gets you off taking the piss out of Mitta – good luck to you.
Maybe you have been ‘spanking” your monkey to much

Doesn’t read like there was too much in it.
Probably more like the Border mail trying to sensationalise the incident by naming Mitta.
Granted Hales plays for Mitta – 2 weeks prior to X’mas Mitta or any other TDFL club would have no control over what their players are up to.
There are lot worse things going on at the moment than this petty incident.
Then again Porch monkey if that gets you off taking the piss out of Mitta – good luck to you.
Maybe you have been ‘spanking” your monkey to much

All he is saying that its no big surprise that it is a mitta player with the culture they have weather its during the season or not, you don't see any yack, Rutherglen etc players in the paper up for assault but it seems to be a bit frequent with them.

All he is saying that its no big surprise that it is a mitta player with the culture they have weather its during the season or not, you don't see any yack, Rutherglen etc players in the paper up for assault but it seems to be a bit frequent with them.

Don’t get me wrong I am not an advocate for Mitta or guys getting on the piss and making dicks of themselves. The point I am making is it has nothing to do with Mitta football club – unless of course is was a club function / the guy was wearing a Mitta shirt or what ever. 5 days out from x’mas - in Albury with a bunch of mates = no connection to Mitta. This has made the news on the back of what happened earlier in the year between them and Thurgoona – who was the journalist? I didn’t see his name to the article on the web and I can’t recall seeing it in the paper. Unfortunately and probably for good reason Yack and cats players don’t hold the same profile as the Mitta guys – but let me assure you of one thing if the border mail published what any “TDFL” player got up to 5 days before x’mas / during x’mas or new years it would make for entertaining reading - how ever their activities as adventurous as they may have been cannot be aligned to their club. Dodgy reporting by the border – why don’t they publish what they got up to over the x’mas break – it could extend their career with the zoo magazine

Don’t get me wrong I am not an advocate for Mitta or guys getting on the piss and making dicks of themselves. The point I am making is it has nothing to do with Mitta football club – unless of course is was a club function / the guy was wearing a Mitta shirt or what ever. 5 days out from x’mas - in Albury with a bunch of mates = no connection to Mitta. This has made the news on the back of what happened earlier in the year between them and Thurgoona – who was the journalist? I didn’t see his name to the article on the web and I can’t recall seeing it in the paper. Unfortunately and probably for good reason Yack and cats players don’t hold the same profile as the Mitta guys – but let me assure you of one thing if the border mail published what any “TDFL” player got up to 5 days before x’mas / during x’mas or new years it would make for entertaining reading - how ever their activities as adventurous as they may have been cannot be aligned to their club. Dodgy reporting by the border – why don’t they publish what they got up to over the x’mas break – it could extend their career with the zoo magazine

He probably isn't even officially a Mitta player. Clearances didnt begin until Feb 1 and I am pretty sure he didnt play at Mitta last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate, what are you basing "frequent" on? And linking what you think to be Mitta's culture to this incident is really drawing a long bow. Check your facts before dribbling nonsense you are embarrassing yourself

W
Lucky these guys don’t run local government and apply their logic to humans. Some / most Hume league clubs wouldn't have enough players to fill their teams
Danish zoo kills Marius the giraffe to prevent inbreeding
www.theaustralian.com.au/...giraffe-to.../story-e6frg6so-1226822263387

Only joking - Dam shame we won’t be able to kick your ass again this year

I forgot the league match between Tallangatta and Hume was canned. Why was that again and is there any rep footy this year at all?

Where did the ex Port Rookie bit come from for John Walker in today's BMM? The guy couldn't get a regular gig at Wodonga when he was there and was definitely never on an AFL list. It might have got him some extra coin though!

Where did the ex Port Rookie bit come from for John Walker in today's BMM? The guy couldn't get a regular gig at Wodonga when he was there and was definitely never on an AFL list. It might have got him some extra coin though!
As I see it there were3 errors in one paragraph of that article. 1) he was never a port Adelaide rookie 2) he is well over 190cm and most importantly 3) he never even signed with yack. Haha. Don't know who ok'd the story but someone has their wires crossed and no doubt both yack and the border mail look quite silly.

this thread is a bit dead. whats news around the league? whos had pre-season camps? whos ripping apart pre-season training? The Kiewa boys are travelling along nicely at the moment. flying under the radar which is what they would want. im hearing mixed things from up the valley at Dederang. some saying things are great, some saying otherwise. apparently a few locals not happy. not sure what about or who but have been told some might go or have a year off.
mitta boys are also pretty quite. haven't heard much apart from mcevoy going to cudgewa and maybe fraser as well. is the other gorupic still going to mitta? lets get some action happening on here.

I'm pretty sure gorupic is still heading out to mitta and the only other thing Iv heard is they have some new ruckman, not to sure who or how good he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does seem very quiet this year so far considering we're 5 weeks away. Yack got something like 17 recruits says the BMM. Sounds good, but can any of them play? Will the coaches be able to string two words together? Thurgoona using the same formula for success they've been trying for years with no reward. Very little said about Barny, surely flag favourites for mine. Young, fit and hungry. Mitta around the mark again surely. Gorupic, plus two former premiership players and b&f winners. If kiewa has a good run with injuries will be around about. DMB will fall away don't have the depth. As for the rest, hard to say. Chiltern, Rutherglen are unknown quantities. Saints and Tallangatta should improve. I know nothing of Beechworth and Wahgunyah. Have i missed anyone?

Sent from my RM-875_apac_australia_new_zealand_243 using Tapatalk

Any practice matches been played? I know mitta played raiders last Friday and didn't look to bad and I'm pretty sure they play the saints tonight in a match, will be interesting to see if saints have made much improvements.

I only saw the senior match, and I was very impressed by what I saw from the Hawks. Bearing in mind I haven't seen a Hume game for five years and the only TDFL I've seen is an interleague game at least 15 years ago, I would say they will take a fair bit of beating.
KSC looked big and skilful, with several players moving the ball quickly through traffic and able to pinpoint passes to teammates 40-even 60 metres away. The full forward, who I have been variously told was Guy Telford or Tiernan Halliday, looked very strong and dangerous, with good use of the body, strong hands and a terrific kicking action with a long, accurate kick for goal. Think he kicked five or six.
I don't think they were full strength, but I reckon their good players played, judging by the Lavington (Luke Norton-Smith - played well), Wodonga (starred) and old North Albury (dark green) shorts out there.
Power had a few out, but were never in the match.
KSC 17.11 113 def CDHBU 4.6 30.

Power won the juniors 14.7 91 to 2.5 17.

Thurgoona played Holbrook - Not sure of the scores can anyone give more info?

Chiltern played Howlong - I think Howlong took the chocolates not sure of final scores. Anyone know if Doolan played?

Thurgoona played Holbrook - Not sure of the scores can anyone give more info?

Chiltern played Howlong - I think Howlong took the chocolates not sure of final scores. Anyone know if Doolan played?

Doolan didn't play. Chilterns first hit out, Howlongs third match. Howlong won by 9pts. Howlong with a couple of bad injuries ending game early.

Interesting to see some of the numbers below, DMB only gaining 1 and another year of big turnover at Wodonga Saints.
Are Wahgunyah going to stuggle with numbers?

Taken from each clubs approved clearances
Club Comings Goings
Barnawartha Football Club 11 7
Beechworth Football Club 12 8
Chiltern Football Club 7 4
Dederang Mt Beauty Football Club 1 5
Kiewa Sandy Creek Football Club 13 9
Mitta United Football Club 9 6
Rutherglen Football Club 2 9
Tallangatta Football Club 12 8
Thurgoona Football Club 10 5
Wahgunyah Football Club 5 21
Wodonga Saints Football Club 23 21
Yackandandah Football Club 14 5

Interesting to see some of the numbers below, DMB only gaining 1 and another year of big turnover at Wodonga Saints.
Are Wahgunyah going to stuggle with numbers?

Taken from each clubs approved clearances
Club Comings Goings
Barnawartha Football Club 11 7
Beechworth Football Club 12 8
Chiltern Football Club 7 4
Dederang Mt Beauty Football Club 1 5
Kiewa Sandy Creek Football Club 13 9
Mitta United Football Club 9 6
Rutherglen Football Club 2 9
Tallangatta Football Club 12 8
Thurgoona Football Club 10 5
Wahgunyah Football Club 5 21
Wodonga Saints Football Club 23 21
Yackandandah Football Club 14 5

Like your work (too much time on your hands) - unfortunately numbers include juniors & in some cases club officials so unless you know the individuals @ senior level these transfers can be misleading

Like your work (too much time on your hands) - unfortunately numbers include juniors & in some cases club officials so unless you know the individuals @ senior level these transfers can be misleading

True Cat, but it does paint a picture of how well clubs may have recruited in the off season. People will read into it what they will and make their own assumptions. In saying that, IMO, Barny with 11 inclusions and 7 departures should make them stronger. Mind you, the clearances do not show retirements within a club so as a whole the league numbers will be down on last year.

Still, the silly season has a long way to go and many clearances are yet to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back