Toast Matty Taberner

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit more of a connection than that matey ;)

I did a bit of research after the post, and saw the same entry. Was a bit slack in not updating the post, but figured if anyone was interested they'd find the wiki link with minimal digging.

Not sure why he'd try to do the righty by Freo after that little debacle, but probably still has some old ties back to us. Being an old South Freo boy would probably still have a fair sway, regardless of issues with past admin at the club.

Spot on .The pre GF meeting in Melbourne at the Carlton Pub with most who post on here was one of the best footy nights I've been to
There was nil animosity from a huge cross section of supporters.Meeting posters in person give a whole new meaning to a blind date;)

Will have to catch up with you lot for a pint before a game at some point. Suspect it'll be pretty weird putting faces to avatars. Reckon I'll be a million miles off regardless of the mental picture I've constructed, which is actually pretty cool.

Will have to wait till a cr@p drawing team comes over, as it sounds difficult lining up a non-member ticket these days.

Scon are you of an earlier Fremantle vintage
If you remember Mills and Wares you must be

The girls who worked at the biscuit factory had a very unusual initiation for the young guys who started on the floor there.
It involved a milk bottle and then trying to get it of an enlarged private part:p
Are jobs still going there these days?

I have fond memories of Stan the man
He was Don Haddows second in command when Haddow was coach of South's and they where crap at this stage
In those days the coaches box was on the boundary in front of the clubrooms and I was 3 sheets to the wind ,pissed of at Haddow and Souths and mouthing of not stop at anybody who would listen behind the coaches box
Stan obviously had enough of my rubbish and rushed out of the box jumped the fence and grabbed me by the throat.I still have nightmares at what he might have done to me but thankfully for my teeth and general well being he had 2nd thoughts about the consequences I guess and let me go and re jumped the fence .Those where the days of real passion:D

LOL :D

Hard as a cats head was Stanley.

You were lucky!

You wouldn't embarrass me bro.

I said it would be funny for you and that isn't violence. For a 50 year old you do need to grow up. :)

Christ on a wooden leg you are up yourself.

Do everyone a favour and go and get your thrush sorted out.

And find the f***ing ignore function like a good boy.:rolleyes:

back on topic: glad to see Taberner getting another run this weekend v Sydney! :)

I agree. I like the shape of the forward line with Pav, Mayne, Tabs and a resting ruck. All pretty mobile and can press up into the midfield and just a brilliant array of mentors for a fast-learning Taberner. Plus last week he did enough to get a little bit of focus off Pavlich. Once we get all our tall mids back he may find it difficult to hold his spot as it is great having a rotation of resting mids passing through the forward zone, and Mundy, Fyfe, and Barlow would all make the opposition nervous.

I agree. I like the shape of the forward line with Pav, Mayne, Tabs and a resting ruck. All pretty mobile and can press up into the midfield and just a brilliant array of mentors for a fast-learning Taberner. Plus last week he did enough to get a little bit of focus off Pavlich. Once we get all our tall mids back he may find it difficult to hold his spot as it is great having a rotation of resting mids passing through the forward zone, and Mundy, Fyfe, and Barlow would all make the opposition nervous.
Still reckon he'd be very valuable as the second genuine tall forward to take the load off pav, which will immediately make our forward line more dangerous.

hoping that tabs can keep his pressure up and work well when the ball hits the deck, as theyd be the main downside of having the second genuine key forward.

great to have mids moving through the forward line. But having a genuine second tall forward that can roam high, play deep, has solid smarts and reasonable skills gives the forward line another string to its bow and will do a lot for our forward structure.

defending the rebound is the main downside, so hoping tabs can keep up that side of the bargain.

Still reckon he'd be very valuable as the second genuine tall forward to take the load off pav, which will immediately make our forward line more dangerous.

hoping that tabs can keep his pressure up and work well when the ball hits the deck, as theyd be the main downside of having the second genuine key forward.

great to have mids moving through the forward line. But having a genuine second tall forward that can roam high, play deep, has solid smarts and reasonable skills gives the forward line another string to its bow and will do a lot for our forward structure.

defending the rebound is the main downside, so hoping tabs can keep up that side of the bargain.

For sure. But I don't actually think he is ready for that just yet. Lets face it, our forward line is a pretty exciting work in progress. Had a nice game against the Bombres, and I am looking forward to seeing how it will work with Mayne plying his trade as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't recall him being out-marked once today!!! Big game and should win the chance to cement his spot next week against Brisbane.

Stood up today, I thought, did some good things and did some awful things, but considering where he his in his development, there's a lot to work with. Ran hard and gave a good contest a few times. Kept Hawks backline honest and kept Pav from being gang raped.

Needs to develop more composure but that will come with experience. Hopefully gets a good wrap from the boys and the coaches and gets confidence from doing his role in a massively important game.

I don't get WAFL vision so I just rely on the glimpses I've seen and before tonight I wasn't blown away. RTB continually has talked him up but compared to Apeness' raging Apeness I couldn't see the hype.

I get it now. He has a bit of smarts about him. The future is looking good :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back