Fed Cup 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Kerber will be traveling down to Brisbane, but Lisicki wont.

Lisicki is no great loss for the germans TBH and they have/had great depth.

The German team is also expected to include 40th-ranked Andrea Petkovic, No.89 Julia Goerges and Anna-Lena Groenefeld, ranked 13th in doubles.

Full strength Australian team u would expect.

Well, looks like then the tactic of playing down here didn't work, they still came.

Dellacqua may as well be playing the better tennis this season too.
:D ah well at least we tried.

Dannnn I agree it is very unfortunate with the timing of Petkovic's form heading into the tie. Just can't see how we will win this on the weekend. Can't pick Sam to win her matches and Dellacqua sturggles against the top 15. But stranger things have happened. Coverage on Fox Sports or 7?

Stosur vs. Petkovic
Dellacqua vs. Kerber

Starts at 1pm tomorrow, on Fox sports, some of it is going to be on the red button which is annoying. Good luck to the girls.

Stosur currently up against Kerber. Would be surprised if Sam wins, Kerber seems to have a game to annoy her

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stosur should win this match, don't think she has lost to Kerber before.

That word never works for Sam.

She did win the first but down early in the 2nd. Glad I'm home for this choke at least.

Nah, it's on Fox sports and it's going to be on the red button at 3 for some reason because EPL replays are more important.

This set is going to be torture

And that's why I can't stand watching Sam Stosur post US Open

dont think it would have done much TBH. we played only card we could(playing it in Aus) and it didnt work. Germany has a very strong team.

Yep, agree, I don't think it would of changed much. It's all in between the ears at the moment for Sam and whether she doesn't like to admit it, she's struggling

interesting the Russian team this week included Vesina and Makarova. Those 2 easily killed the Argentinians in the playoffs..

In the other semi final, a full strength Czech Team beat a full strength Italian team 3-0(one tie to be played). hopefully the final will include the top ranked players on both teams. should make for a good tie which will hopefully last more than 3 matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back