Review Good, Bad and Ugly vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Good
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but well done to the Potbelleez DJ's getting a couple of MF's out over the loudspeakers.

Trying to feed and water my seed, plus
Teeter totter caught up between being a father and a prima donna
Baby mama drama's screaming on and
Too much for me to wanna
Stay in one spot, another day of monotony
Has gotten me to the point, I'm like a snail
I've got to formulate a plot or I end up in jail or shot
Success is my only motherf***ing option, failure's not
Mom, I love you, but this trailer's got to go
I cannot grow old in Salem's lot
So here I go it's my shot.
Feet, fail me not, this may be the only opportunity that I got

Douglas doesn't quite look right. His body physique doesn't quite look as good as it did last year and he seems to look like he is finding it harder to get around the ground with the same pace as last year. Maybe that injury has really taken a toll on his season.

Infact I would say that as a whole we look to be somewhat underdone.
Lynch, Hendo, Douglas, Crouch; all have been out for a lot of the season and it kinda showed tonight. Add ontop of that Thompson, Danger and Truck being hampered by either injury or niggles and you are going to be below what we are really capable of. Really hope in this 2 week break that we rest these guys and work the other 4 to the death on the track.

One more player, Martin, is such a almost-there sort of player. He attacks the footy with great courage but then burns it or does something amature or stupid. He is like a Sloane but with no polish.

Ah I was 2 rows behind you. Thought you might have been a BF member

That's even funnier - there was a guy behind me who asked if i was on BigFooty and I said yes I'm deaneus and he knew who i was but wouldn't tell me his name (i think he wanted to remain anonymous).

We're everywhere...

Good.
We were off the boil and kept the score respectable. Hawks missed some goals? pffft - they never would have had that many chances to miss if we'd even got close to hitting up our players in field play.

Bad.
Losing a totally winnable game.

Ugly
Lynch. WTF LYNCH!!!?? What have you been smoking? 2 goals does not excuse the level of stink tonight.

Douglas doesn't quite look right. His body physique doesn't quite look as good as it did last year and he seems to look like he is finding it harder to get around the ground with the same pace as last year. Maybe that injury has really taken a toll on his season.

Infact I would say that as a whole we look to be somewhat underdone.
Lynch, Hendo, Douglas, Crouch; all have been out for a lot of the season and it kinda showed tonight. Add ontop of that Thompson, Danger and Truck being hampered by either injury or niggles and you are going to be below what we are really capable of. Really hope in this 2 week break that we rest these guys and work the other 4 to the death on the track.

One more player, Martin, is such a almost-there sort of player. He attacks the footy with great courage but then burns it or does something amature or stupid. He is like a Sloane but with no polish.
I'm not sure what Martin you are watching, but he definitely didn't burn the ball tonight, and has been good in that area for a good month or so now. Went at around 75-80% DE. Sure, missed one shot on goal, but that's about it. His poise was excellent.

Ugly: Port fans flocking to a MB gameday thread like birds to a dead kangaroo on the road.

Why do they hate Danger so much? They all seem to respect Sloane, but can never credit anything good to Danger.
Because most of them are typical port campaigners. Their envy of danger is wonderful.

Jeeez I wish we'd chosen Ebert.

….Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha NOT!

Ugly: Port fans flocking to a MB gameday thread like birds to a dead kangaroo on the road.

Why do they hate Danger so much? They all seem to respect Sloane, but can never credit anything good to Danger.

It is almost impossible to hate Sloane. Sloane is like is pretty much the human equivalent of a Labrador.

They probably just hate danger because he gets talked up as a top-5 player in the comp and because of a little inferiority complex they try to refute his on-field deeds to make themselves feel better. It will take Danger winning a brownlow medal to finally shut them up. Even in a s**t season like this he will still probably get more votes than any Port player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugly:

Why would they chuck Porps in defence when he's never played a game the're at AFL level in his life? Especially in such a big game. Surely were not trying to reinvent him at his age..
When asked about why Porps got the selection nod, Harper pointed to his history of versatility, being able to play as a forward, a midfielder and a defender.

My theory is that when Sando watched us in the late 2000s, he mistakenly identified Simon Goodwin as 'Jason Porplyzia' and ever since has regarded him as the great mid sized player with the versatility to play anywhere on the ground. One day Sanderson will realise Porps was actually the nuggety small leading forward and wonder why his yes men never told him so.

I've just been 'bantering' with two port flogs trying to rub it in...but they don't like it when u point out we just flogged them a few weeks ago...they keep bringing up winning the first showdown at adelaide oval as if that's more important than us beating them in the finals

It is almost impossible to hate Sloane. Sloane is like is pretty much the human equivalent of a Labrador.

They probably just hate danger because he gets talked up as a top-5 player in the comp and because of a little inferiority complex they try to refute his on-field deeds to make themselves feel better. It will take Danger winning a brownlow medal to finally shut them up. Even in a s**t season like this he will still probably get more votes than any Port player.

Danger will win the Brownlow soon...but even that won't shut them up... They never respected Roo either

Everts not half the player danger is

A good Ebert is pretty much the same as a good Douglas. That is probably a top30 or 40 player in the comp. A good Danger is easily a top-5 player in the comp and right next to a brownlow medal. Either player would be good, but Danger is far better and every single team would take him in hindsight.

Danger will win the Brownlow soon...but even that won't shut them up... They never respected Roo either

Problem is the longer Danger waits the better Crouch will become, stealing his votes. It will be a Crouch/Danger fight for the votes like it was/is with Danger/Thompson.

One of the most mediocre 41 disposal games I've seen. It's all well and good to get the ball that many times, but he did very little of use with it, can't believe how highly people are rating Dangerfield's game because of that one stat much inflated by our bad choice of handball game.

Sam Mitchell had only 28 disposals, but managed to be twice as effective with them, he was the BOG tonight.

just on Otten - Gunston got his 1st goal courtesy of an awful defensive handball from Brown, his 2nd because he read the ball better than Otten and Pods was minding him when he got his 3rd. Otten only beaten in one of those contests so its a bit harsh to hang Gunston's first quarter goals on him.

One of the most mediocre 41 disposal games I've seen. It's all well and good to get the ball that many times, but he did very little of use with it, can't believe how highly people are rating Dangerfield's game because of that one stat much inflated by our bad choice of handball game.

Sam Mitchell had only 28 disposals, but managed to be twice as effective with them, he was the BOG tonight.

Let's see what the coaches votes say

Otten wasn't the reason we lost. Time after time we panicked in the defensive 50, with Brown, Douglas and Henderson all coughing up goals with poor handballs, often inexplicably into the corridor when the correct option was to go to the line. Need more composure in the back half to match it with the best.

Dangerfield and Crouch didn't have anything like the impact their numbers would suggest. Sloane was clearly our best.

Is Dangerfield a lock to stay? From what I've seen despite his freakish ability the midfield is one place you have sorted with Crouch, Sloane, Thompson, Crouch, Smith, Douglas etc! Sure up your defence and another outside gem and it's eyes on top 4 rather than top 8.

Wish we had a Talia, as yo can see we try our best to run tall forwards into form. Our KPD last night were commendable but are really not up to it and that's why Lake And Gibson are crazily vital for us. Schoey has to get some credit though, probably his best game as a defender on Tex.

I thought you just lost some clearance organisation when Thompson came off, when the commentators said he's icing up I knew we would win. In the end that probably was one of the big reasons we got the biscuits.

I don't get people that are still finding ways to downplay Danger's performance tonight. He was easily BOG and will get the 3 Brownlow votes, yet I still see posters criticise little things about his game. He was immense and we are extremely lucky that he plays for us.
Dude I love Danger and would blow a load if he played for the Hawks, but Mitchell was clearly BOG last night.

Sure Danger had 40 odd disposals compared to Mitchell's 28 but on the night Sammy was far more effective with ball in hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back