Good:

Crouch
Danger
Sloane
Pods early
Jenkins

Bad:

Can't simply rely on these players
Our skills and footy brain can this be taught or is it natural?

Ugly:
The sirengate
Betts to have a stinker in his 200th. Not how you'd want to remember it.

Good
Jenkins
Talia
Pods
Dangerfield
Jacobs
The Bad
kicking
disposal efficiency
The ugly
Lynch

Good
Brad crouch is 20 years old, gets 40 touches against the reigning premiers through the midfield.

Danger just breasting it

Smith great game on the wing, leave him there and he will destroy teams.

Martin - fantastic game I thought, probably the best for our club. He's a keeper, I'd rather him than MAckay.

Bad.
Douglas wasn't great, constantly getting smothered.
Not much else, lynch started poorly but improved during the game.
Otten started poorly but improved.
Porplyzia had no impact but that's understandable because he isn't up to it anymore.

Ugly
Thompson hammy, hopefully minor one.
Not giving grigg or matt crouch a go at sub.

We are about 1.5-2 years off from competing big time I have no doubt, we need go pump games into people other than Porplyzia.

I've got too much to say which will just get eaten up in the speed of this thread.....

So lets go with....

Good
Effort
Danger, Sloane, Crouch in particular. I thought Otten was pretty good after Gunstons purple patch early.
Umpiring style. Lets not say they were good. I don't thgink we were robbed at all tonight, but I thought the style was a nice change. Quick to call for a ball up, no stupid HTB's.
Pods first half

Bad
Ottens start.
Pods second half

Ugly
Selection
Selection
Selection
we were too tall (it's worked the last few weeks, didn't tonight) If you go in tall, you have to plan to sub one off. this leads to....
Thommo should not have played. If he wasn't gonna last, DO NOT PLAY.
Porps was a terrible choice as sub.

edit:

Repetitively Ugly
Hitting the front after half time then falling asleep.
I thought this was finished. apparently not.

Good
Our best 10

Bad
The rest. Just not good enough. With Jacobs, Danger, Sloane, Crouch, Thompson (till injured), Smith having the games they did should = a win, but you need a full team.

Ugly
Eddie's 200th. Forget it and move on

Hey fellas just wanted to say commiserations, I thought you guys had a real crack and I was pretty nervous for most of the night. Also congrats on a great game, that's the way AFL should be played. If you guys play like that every week you will make the 8. What I would give for Dangerfield to be a Hawk...........

Umpires were terrific.

I was worried when i saw who was umpiring but they made very few contentious decisions

the time may have come for Rutten, Porps.

Time to try Luke Thompson, Brother of Brad and Lyons.

Dougie not clean or quick enough in the middle.

Tex must lead more rather then trying to body the player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey fellas just wanted to say commiserations, I thought you guys had a real crack and I was pretty nervous for most of the night. Also congrats on a great game, that's the way AFL should be played. If you guys play like that every week you will make the 8. What I would give for Dangerfield to be a Hawk...........

thanks mate.

You guys were terrific.

Keep your hands off Danger.

You have already reamed us with Gunston.

Good:
Dangerfield - WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SUPPORT HIM? If he wins a clearance, give him some damn space to kick the ball!
Crouch - Gee he's great.
Sloane - Next captain I reckon.
Jenkins - 5 goals, the best haul of his career. Superb.
Podsiadly - Went missing when the heat was on a little, but was good overall.
Wright - Was pretty good
Talia - Shut down Roughead nicely
Brown
Smith - great at times, loved his long bomb
Another good crowd

Bad:
Otto - I still have faith in him, but he played a stinker. Would be a good time to bring back LT, you'll hear no arguments from me.
Dougie - What's up with him?
Eddie - Blanketed well by Angus Liquorland
Hendo - Lacks composure with his disposal at times
Probably not "bad", but Rutten looked easily beaten by Ceglar and Big Boy
Porps - Thrown under the bus a little, but gave us nothing.
Martin - Please finish pretty easy goals. Was alright other than that.

Ugly:
Skill errors
Gunston's grin
Spangher's facial hair

Serious question.. I realise the hawks are still winning but it seems the good players are able to play their game against your team. Ablett always dominates likewise Danger. Is there any concern that you don't tag?

Good: Usual suspects Crouch and Danger, Pods and Jenkins stood up tonight. Walker tried to atone for last week.

Bad: tackling, how many effing times must it be stated. Our tackling is just shite of the highest order. Its almost as if teams are under instruction to take us on in the knowledge our tackling is borderline pathetic....no in fact i'm wrong its beyond pathetic.

Ugly: Skills, skills, skills and skills. If we hit our chances we would not have wasted so much of the ball and we might have won.

Two things I want to see after this coming pre season is not one single effing opposition player being able to break a tackle and for us to hit all our targets. Our players should live with an effing ball in their hand and not fishing rods and surf boards they like to brag about on twitter. :mad:

Was a good game but you guys probably should have won by 40. poor kicking at goal kept us in it.

Good - Danger, Crouch, Hawks ... the change in umpiring interpretations
Bad - Smothered handballs, number of handballs into pressure, not enough pressure on the Hawks kickers
Ugly - Eddie, that call by Razor

I've had a bit of a shift in my thoughts on Rutten and Porps ... they both need to hang 'em up before it gets embarrassing.

Martin is done for me - not enough composure with the ball, wastes too many possessions.

Douglas needs a rest too.

Ugly:

Why would they chuck Porps in defence when he's never played a game there at AFL level in his life? Especially in such a big game. Surely were not trying to reinvent him at his age..

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back