Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's already said he doesn't want to go there. Can't say I blame him. Wouldn't learn much getting beaten by 300 points every week. They are trying but a poor decision to join the chfl could ultimately lead to their extinction. It's a long long way back from where they are.

I know they were in the LPFL previously but what other options do they have for leagues around the area?

Awesome to hear that Campbell Brown is going to be back playing for Ballan.
That should bring the crowds to watch him play. http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/2302427/brown-back-to-boost-ballan/?cs=2553
Just thought I would post up the link to show you where I got the info from.

Smythesdale are going to find it hard to win games of footy because they don't have the big name players playing for them. Nearly every big name player wants to play elsewhere which is sad.
Their hospitality is awesome. Ground managers look after everyone with pies, salad rolls and drinks for the players and umpires.
The ground itself out at smythesdale is a mudheap. A bit like daylesford's ground in the middle of winter.

Just on Smythesdale they are a bit like GWS and Melbourne mixed into the same team. They can be competitive but usually get beaten because they have nobody that will really step up and do the job for them.

Last edited:
Smythesdale should have probably just fielded a competitive reserves side, like Kyneton did in the BFL last year. Have a competitive junior arm, just paying the price for poor decisions and culture over previous 10 years. Their old LPFL senior sides would beat the current side by 30 goals. Not sure where to next. But they are only 15 mins from Ballarat, so it would be good to see a good coach and some players take on the challenge in 2015. Mininera is not an option and won't happen. Only side that would be possibly accepted in that direction is Skipton.

I see D. Wright has done the rounds this year again, learmonth, east point, and now ballan, lol,
top clubman promises the world and delivers little, ask any of the 20 clubs he played prior, buyer beware!

I see D. Wright has done the rounds this year again, learmonth, east point, and now ballan, lol,
top clubman promises the world and delivers little, ask any of the 20 clubs he played prior, buyer beware!

Also tried to get into Bacchus Marsh after he left East. Marsh wouldnt have a bar of it, Ballan should have done some research. Mercenary?

Last edited:
Also tried to get into Bacchus Marsh after he left East. Marsh wouldnt have a bar of it, Ballan should have done some research. Mercenary?

Confusing as hell this.... as there is still a D(ave) Wright at Learmonth....

Not talking about him I take it

Di
Confusing as hell this.... as there is still a D(ave) Wright at Learmonth....

Not talking about him I take it
Different d wright. Dylan also signed and got sacked from waubra before going to learmonth this year, which he left to go to east point before playing. Got sacked and went to ballan. Interested to see if anyone knows how many clubs he has been to or signed with since under 18s at sunbury.

Last edited:
Di

Different d wright. Dylan also signed and got sacked from waubra before going to learmonth this year, which he left to go to east point before playing. Got sacked and went to ballan. Interested to see if anyone knows how many clubs he has been to or signed with since under 18s at sunbury.

Spent pre season trying out at the roosters vfl but didnt make it.
Was playing coach of Natimuk up in horsham last year & played with the lalbert in the central murray league the year before.

Pretty upsetting to jump on here & read all this from
People who obviously no nothing about me. Especially considering i don't know who any of you are.

Not that it's actually anyone's business however this is how it has happened.

We all make mistakes & I am the first to admit to the people close to me that I should never have gone to east point from learmonth. I was risking my own integrity in doing so however I wanted to challenge myself at the best level available and that was the only reason I left. To sign with waubra was a mistake as I have friends out at learmonth which is why I went there. From there as has been mentioned I didn't make the roosters list & then wanted to play the best footy I could so I decided go to east. Fair to say I wasn't fitting in at east & they decided they didn't want me there. So yes I was asked to leave.

That being said I am the first to admit I probably didn't help the east point situation with my frustrated behavior & the fact that my body was letting me down.

It has been a pretty emotional couple of weeks & I think people need to be a fraction more careful with what they decide to write on the internet about other people. Football is just a game after all.

As people we all get an opinion on things however growing up I was taught if you don't have anything nice to say about some1, perhaps ur better off not saying anything.

Cheers
D

Spent pre season trying out at the roosters vfl but didnt make it.
Was playing coach of Natimuk up in horsham last year & played with the lalbert in the central murray league the year before.
Pretty sure he went to altona after 18s then Macedon sunbury kangaroos
People who obviously no nothing about me. Especially considering i don't know who any of you are.

We all make mistakes & I am the first to admit to the people close to me that I should never have gone to east point from learmonth. I was risking my own integrity in doing so however I wanted to challenge myself at the best level available and that was the only reason I left. To sign with waubra was a mistake as I have friends out at learmonth which is why I went there. From there as has been mentioned I didn't make the roosters list & then wanted to play the best footy I could so I decided go to east. Fair to say I wasn't fitting in at east & they decided they didn't want me there. So yes I was asked to leave.

That being said I am the first to admit I probably didn't help the east point situation with my frustrated behavior & the fact that my body was letting me down.

It has been a pretty emotional couple of weeks & I think people need to be a fraction more careful with what they decide to write on the internet about other people. Football is just a game after all.

As people we all get an opinion on things however growing up I was taught if you don't have anything nice to say about some1, perhaps ur better off not saying anything.

Cheers
D
Well hopefully you last and enjoy your footy at Ballan. From what I hear you are not a bad bloke, just get a bit white line fever and struggle to control yourself. My tip to you is just enjoy your footy, sit back and let others do the talking and be 100% positive and let your footy do the talking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers
D

Hey mate, you don't have to answer to anyone on here. I hope you get right and play good footy where ever you do play

Nice goal on almost footy legends tonight by the way

Last edited:

Cheers
D
Seems though you need to zip your lip mate for all clubs u played with have had issues with your mouth, that's advice that I suggest u take, Ballan is known to slaughter their own, hence the rep, tread lightly and best of luck.

Cheers
D

Thinks its time for you to pull your head in and earn some respect back. I hope this time next year, theres not a repeat of this circus.
But i must say, trying out for the roosters VFL side when there is only 26 spots available due to the development team being cut, that does take some guts.

After seeing Creswick oval 1st hand, there is no way any more games should be played on that oval, it wasn't even mud, just a giant slush pool! A total disgrace! I would be embarrassed if I played for Creswick to dish that surface up.......
In other news, a big pat on the back to the Hepburn Footy club for going out of their way to help out Smythesdale. We're pretty quick on here to whack Hepburn at any chance, but we should also give credit where credit is due, a fantastic effort and I hope it brings Smythesdale a bit of success, after all we don't want to see clubs folding......

After seeing Creswick oval 1st hand, there is no way any more games should be played on that oval, it wasn't even mud, just a giant slush pool! A total disgrace! I would be embarrassed if I played for Creswick to dish that surface up.......
In other news, a big pat on the back to the Hepburn Footy club for going out of their way to help out Smythesdale. We're pretty quick on here to whack Hepburn at any chance, but we should also give credit where credit is due, a fantastic effort and I hope it brings Smythesdale a bit of success, after all we don't want to see clubs folding......

What did Hepburn do?

Yes good work, Hepburn. But i do not agree - we actually do want to see some clubs fold.
Too many clubs still exist through traveling mercenaries and the efforts of a few volunteers. Time to rationalize football to stop the inequality between player numbers/clubs. Less clubs = competition for spots/games = clubs have the power not the player. Interested in others thoughts. What ever happened to player contributing to club as to what we have seen now for 35 years - what can the club do for the individual?

At this time of year of course each ground is going to be a mudheap. Some of the grounds the mud actually is quite stinky.
Some of the grounds need to have some maintence done. That includes hepburn's oval.

Hepburn's ground has been a s**t heap since I was playing under 14s against them.... about 20 years ago. All their money goes to players...

Works though

Finals venues announced,
Waubra and Learmonth on Saturday, and Dunnstown and Buninyong on Sunday. Just me or is the Sunday ground choices a bit unusual considering the grounds are meant to be as close together as possible

Finals venues announced,
Waubra and Learmonth on Saturday, and Dunnstown and Buninyong on Sunday. Just me or is the Sunday ground choices a bit unusual considering the grounds are meant to be as close together as possible

15 minutes too long for you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back