1948 Premiership Flag found

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get how people can be stupid enough to incriminate themselves by putting the biggest piece of evidence on one of the biggest sites on the internet and then label it so anyone doing a google search can find them in ten seconds flat.

I was offered this flag about 4 years ago up in Echuca and didn't buy it because i had suspicions that it may have been stolen.. I actually rang the Melbourne Football Club and the AFL and told them, they dismissed my call saying that its most likely a replica.. Anyway as a memorabilia collector myself i'm glad they finally got it back.

$80,000 asking price on eBay - seems a bit on the dear side, even for the genuine article. Better off picking up something with a bit of resale value like the last dying breath of Henry Ford.

$80,000 asking price on eBay - seems a bit on the dear side, even for the genuine article. Better off picking up something with a bit of resale value like the last dying breath of Henry Ford.
$80k for something so rare is a fair price, only problem is that its such a large item which makes it difficult for the average collector to display.. Carji Greeves's brownlow medal fetched $175k.. I was offered Bert Deacons Brownlow medal but unfortunately it was the re-issued one which i declined, the original was stolen and the AFL issued his wife a replacement.

I heard on the radio this morning the club say this isn't the only flag that's gone missing :confused:

Lots of the old ones have for lots of clubs. Could be worse, could be the Doggies

This is not a fact. It is a sign.

Supermercado - please take note. You know the day I was born. It might nullify this particular curse.

only problem is that its such a large item which makes it difficult for the average collector to display..

Der.. just hang it on your clothes line.

flag-wide-620x349.jpg

I was offered this flag about 4 years ago up in Echuca and didn't buy it because i had suspicions that it may have been stolen.. I actually rang the Melbourne Football Club and the AFL and told them, they dismissed my call saying that its most likely a replica.. Anyway as a memorabilia collector myself i'm glad they finally got it back.
How much did they want for it back then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much did they want for it back then?
$4000.00, the guy would of been approx 60yo and he said it was handed down to him by his uncle. He also said that it was given to his uncle by an Essendon player, don't know if i believe anything he said but would love to find out the real truth how it was stolen...

$4000.00, the guy would of been approx 60yo and he said it was handed down to him by his uncle. He also said that it was given to his uncle by an Essendon player, don't know if i believe anything he said but would love to find out the real truth how it was stolen...

James Hird would be my prime suspect.

Typical couldnt win it so they had to steal it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back