Tony Abbott Statesman or complete numpty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Face it Abbotts successes have shaded anything Rudd or Gillard ever did. Ever since Rudd called for “Konfrontisi” during the elections the left have been provoking all our close neighbours and allies, goading them into some negative reaction to Abbott. Since then weve seen Abbott successfully defuse Rudds disasterous policy of spying on the Indonesian President and his wife, successfully defused the lefts call for Indonesian gun boats to sink our navy for turning back the boats, Abbott negotiated free trade agreements with Japan and South Korea, (and China will be signing up soon) despite the lefts calls not too! Then the G20 suppossed embarrassment when Abbott stood on his marked spot for the photos.... until Angela Merkel joined him. Even Obama failed to heed the lefts call to embarrass Abbott over Climate change. Now Abbott has successfully put PUTIN in his place, when no one else would, not even Obama.
Keep dreaming, your hero is fantastic, blah, blah blah. So many achievements, history will be full of him. Happy now?
My opinion hasn't changed no matter what you say.
He is a liar, misled the voting public, especially when he talked about an adult government and transparency. Even if you forgive the no tax cuts etc. he will be lucky to see the term out and cost his party dearly. Unfortunately we will suffer as well. Maybe Rupert will offer him a job after his time is over?

Keep dreaming, your hero is fantastic, blah, blah blah. So many achievements, history will be full of him. Happy now?
My opinion hasn't changed no matter what you say.
He is a liar, misled the voting public, especially when he talked about an adult government and transparency. Even if you forgive the no tax cuts etc. he will be lucky to see the term out and cost his party dearly. Unfortunately we will suffer as well. Maybe Rupert will offer him a job after his time is over?
He'd be perfect for the Dirty Diggers mastheards.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...cked-fairness-and-balance-20140714-zt73r.html
Prime Minister Tony Abbott may be the most famous of the old alumni who will gather with Rupert Murdoch on Tuesday night to mark the 50th anniversary of The Australian.

Mr Abbott will attend in his capacity as Prime Minister but the newspaper has proudly and often claimed him as one of their own.

In fact, he only arrived at The Australian after encountering problems as a feature writer with the Packer-owned magazine The Bulletin.

Mr Abbott's misadventures with a typewriter came to a head in 1988 when his editor, David Dale, asked him to rewrite an article five times.

"Tony couldn't seem to get the idea that a feature for The Bulletin had to be fair and balanced," Dale said on Monday. "I told him if he kept going like that he had no future on the magazine."

Mr Abbott went on to work briefly in a concrete factory before joining The Australian as an editorial writer.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...and-balance-20140714-zt73r.html#ixzz38SGJqkJc

Keep dreaming, your hero is fantastic, blah, blah blah. So many achievements, history will be full of him. Happy now? My opinion hasn't changed no matter what you say.

I was just staying on thread. Pointing to the facts of this governments mounting foreign affairs achievements not that I expected facts to cloud your hatred

I was just staying on thread. Pointing to the facts of this governments mounting foreign affairs achievements not that I expected facts to cloud your hatred
You are kidding when you bring Putin into discussion though - Putin is untouchable.
More influential and richer than Rupert.
Read up on him, you may be better informed.

A few weeks ago on Sky Speers interviewed this American guy (forget the name) who according to Speers is a US foreign policy wonk who would be on short list of Sec of State if Hillary won the 2016 election.

Well the Hillary Dem wonk took over the interview by insisting on talking about how impressed Obama and Admin had been with Abbott's visit to Washington, how hugely impressed everybody had been with the Abbott - particularly his clarity and focus.

Now our Speersy tried not to look too disbelieving (or laugh:)) at this revelation and went to change subject.

But this guy wasn't finished - he seemed to be determined to be making a point to an Australian audience.
He said emphatically that Obama subsequently had been moaning after other meetings with foreign leaders "why can't they be like Tony Abbott""

( Obama, of course, is renowned for being bored to snores with the level of unintelligent (in his view) discourse he has to endure from foreign leaders. No doubt the reason why he plays so much golf).

So it seems, in the run up to M17, our numpty Tony apparently has been a star in White House, the president and among Washington movers and shakers?

How can this be so? Is it the reason they all seem to be jumping to the Abbott's agenda now?

Last edited:
Face it Abbotts successes have shaded anything Rudd or Gillard ever did. Ever since Rudd called for “Konfrontisi” during the elections the left have been provoking all our close neighbours and allies, goading them into some negative reaction to Abbott. Since then weve seen Abbott successfully defuse Rudds disasterous policy of spying on the Indonesian President and his wife, successfully defused the lefts call for Indonesian gun boats to sink our navy for turning back the boats, Abbott negotiated free trade agreements with Japan and South Korea, (and China will be signing up soon) despite the lefts calls not too! Then the G20 suppossed embarrassment when Abbott stood on his marked spot for the photos.... until Angela Merkel joined him. Even Obama failed to heed the lefts call to embarrass Abbott over Climate change. Now Abbott has successfully put PUTIN in his place, when no one else would, not even Obama.

You are a classic... Funniest read of the day.. Thanks
Are you one of the people who has been employed by the government to spread good news about them on social media?

A few weeks ago on Sky Speers interviewed this American guy (forget the name) who according to Speers is a US foreign policy wonk who would be on short list of Sec of State if Hillary won the 2016 election.

Well the Hillary Dem wonk took over the interview by insisting on talking about how impressed Obama and Admin had been with Abbott's visit to Washington, how hugely impressed everybody had been with the Abbott - particularly his clarity and focus.

Now our Speersy tried not to look too disbelieving (or laugh:)) at this revelation and went to change subject.

But this guy wasn't finished - he seemed to be determined to be making a point to an Australian audience.
He said emphatically that Obama subsequently had been moaning after other meetings with foreign leaders "why can't they be like Tony Abbott""

( Obama, of course, is renowned for being bored to snores with the level of unintelligent (in his view) discourse he has to endure from foreign leaders. No doubt the reason why he plays so much golf).

So it seems, in the run up to M17, our numpty Tony apparently has been a star in White House, the president and among Washington movers and shakers?

How can this be so? Is it the reason they all seem to be jumping to the Abbott's agenda now?

Stopped reading at "this American guy (forget them name)....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you link us to this interview Jane? I know you like people to back up their posts with things like that. Otherwise, to borrow from your good self I will be forced into to assuming you are full of BS or alternatively an empty vessel

No I can't. Would have linked to it earlier. But Sky archives don't help much.
At the time I was like Speersy seemed to be - gob smacked.:D Why? because it seemed so unlikely.

But now ... not so sure at all.

You seem to be confusing the Abbot agenda with the Clinton 2016 agenda there GuruJane. Clinton is going to need to have the appearance of a hawkish democrat very different from Obama if she's to have any chance in the general election, and over there they lay their groundwork wide and early.

Sure, good one, that's a very big consideration. Except that this Clintonite I saw was not going on about WH spruiking Abbott's hawkish policy skills but about the focus and clarity of discussions with Abbott - mostly about common security interests I gather.
Like Speersy seemed, I was taken aback and parked these observations in my mental library.

But now .. am getting strong impression that Obama WH is backing Abbott on this and so is growing number of EU.
Well, we shall see.

Tony has been fine this week. Not a star, nor a dope. Just doing a good job, as one might expect of a PM. No need to try and make it something it isn't- just looks 'I must have been desperate..'

But now .. am getting strong impression that Obama WH is backing Abbott on this and so is growing number of EU.

You would be practically the only one outside of Abbott himself to actually believe that, because nobody else does. FYI European strategy is being run by Germany, and the closest thing to a flying * they give right now is that he might be a noticeable antagonist external to their control, which is something Berlin doesn't want as it tries to manage this in the most unconfrontational way it possibly can.

As for this American, I say again it's a guy who wants to be the next US Secretary of State laying down public groundwork for himself and the candidate, nothing more. None of what he's saying is meant for us, nor is it even meant to be accurate, it's meant to create a recorded public statement that suits the needs of the Clinton ticket, and personally provides the sort of hawkish nature that moderate republicans can latch onto when it comes time for his Senate and Congressional confirmation.

We'll see soon enough how it turns out.

What the hell do you think is going to be achieved? Plane was shot down, all dead, end of discussion. If you think the Russians are going to give up the trigger man you're living on Mars. EU care so much that they couldn't bring themselves to do anything more than slap Russia on the wrist. Putin is bending them all over from behind.

US have to make some noise given Ukraine situation but it has zero to do with them except the fact it was a US made plane.

US have to make some noise given Ukraine situation but it has zero to do with them except the fact it was a US made plane.

Russian strategy is muddy the waters, the US are trying to keep as hands off as possible so that Putin doesn't have anything to jangle the "anti-US" crowd in South America with to aid the muddying, while the EU who should be leading on this is frozen by Germany's institutionalised pathological fear of confrontation.

All of which has absolutely nothing to do with are Tone.

Russian strategy is muddy the waters, the US are trying to keep as hands off as possible so that Putin doesn't have anything to jangle the "anti-US" crowd in South America with to aid the muddying, while the EU who should be leading on this is frozen by Germany's institutionalised pathological fear of confrontation.

All of which has absolutely nothing to do with are Tone.

Fairfax Media has been reporting for two days now that Germany and Britain will join Netherlands, Malaysia and Australia in the multi national security force
to secure and search the site and investigate the cause of the downing of the plane.

It also reports thatUS offered to contribute if asked, but the Dutch and Australia decided not to.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/fed...rces-to-secure-crash-site-20140725-3cj24.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back